Back to School~

A New Beginning

Haena's POV

 

After a few days, I was discharged from the hospital and was able to return to school again.

 

"So, you're finally back in school.." I heard someone's voice say. I shut my locker and spun around to see Joon sipping a can of soda and smiling at me. 

My heart skipped a beat at his smile and I blushed. Get a grip on yourself, In Haena!

I took a deep breath to calm myself down and grinned back.

"Yep. Thanks for taking care of me when I was hospitalized, Joonie. I really appreciated it!" 

He scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Well, it was nothing. Oh, by the way..." Joon began but I did not hear what came after that as my attention was focused on something else. 

"Er.. Joonie? If it's alright with you, I need to speak to someone.."

"Umm.. Sure.." Joon said, looking disappointed. 

With that, I dashed off in the direction of the water cooler where I had seen the person that I needed to talk to. She still owes me an explanation..

 

She and Seungho were by the water cooler, "chatting" or more like flirting. I tapped on her shoulder and said, "Yah. You still owe me an explanation on what happened the other day." 

She turned around and when she saw me, she jumped, obviously shocked.

"We could do this privately, if you like," I said as I glared at Seungho. Confused, he looked at Eunjin for an answer but she immediately looked down.

"Er.. Eunjin? Meet you back in class," Seungho said before walking off.

 

"So? I'm still waiting." 

"Er.. Haena-shii.. I.. I.. I.." she stuttered, unable to give an explanation of her actions. 

"Please don't tell oppa! He would be really mad at me! I promise not to do it again! Just please! Don't tell him!" she begged.

I raised an eyebrow. "I never intended to tell him. This is between you and him and as an outsider, I have no right to interfere.."

"Oh! Thank you so much Haena-shii!" she bowed and quickly left.

 

Woah. This is strange. Why am I doing this? I could have just confronted Eunjin in front of Seungho but instead, I chose to do it privately so as to not hurt Seungho.. UGH. Why is this happening? Do i actually still CARE for him?

 

"Haena? I need to ask you something.. It's something really really important.." Joon said as he appeared out of nowhere, interrupting my inner thoughts.

"Uh.. Ok. Shoot," I replied.

"Will you go out on a date with me?"