My Worst Fear

Not one, not two, but twelve

--------10 years ago---------

I waited outside of school for my parents. I hummed the song we learned today in kindergarten. Then it started to rain slowly and I played in the puddles. I knew my parents would get angry, but I loved jumping in the puddles. Then it thundered and I froze. I looked up at the sky and saw a thunder bolt fall from the sky. I backed away and another one exploded behind me. I turned around and backed away. Then the loudest thunder bolt exploded behind me and I ran away. The rain fell harder and it made it difficult to see, but I still ran. I almost tripped, but I caught myself and kept running. Then I heard a loud honk and when I turned to look the head lights of a car were shining on me. The next thing I knew I was on the floor with the worst headache and blood was everywhere. Then I heard someone singing. He singed so peacefully like an angel.

---------Present--------

I woke up and sat up on my bed fast. I breathed heavily and sweat trickled down my forehead. "Sica are you ok?" I felt someone squeeze my hand and I turned to see who it was. Donghae looked at me worried and he held my hand tighter. "Hae." He smiled weakly at me and hugged me tight. "You had that nightmare again didn't you? I'm sorry I wasn't here when the thunderstorm hit." I hugged him back and cried. "Hae, you said you wouldn't leave me alone like that day. You said you'd sing to me when a thunderstorm hit." Donghae hugged me tighter and pat my back. "I won't leave you Sica. I'll be here to sing to you." 

 

I laid in bed and watched tv. Everyone went to school and I had to stay home. I sighed and tried to get out if bed. I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my ankle and removed the covers. My ankle was bandaged up and I looked at it. Then I remembered Suho carried me home after passing out. I smiled and covered myself. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

 

"She looks so pretty when she's asleep."

"So you think she's ok?"

"Hyung how's her ankle?"

I opened my eyes slowly and was surrounded by everyone. I jumped up and everyone backed up. "Noona are you ok? Did we scare you?" I looked at Tao and smiled. I looked at everyone and smiled. Everyone was here and they were ok. No one was hurt. 

"Noona sorry for worrying you and leaving without telling you. You must have been worried and got hurt, because of me." I looked at Lulu and hugged him tight. "Lulu you're ok. That's all that matters is that you're ok and safe." Lulu blushed and hugged me back. He smiled and I looked at everyone else. Me and Lulu broke apart and I looked at Suho. "Suho thank you for helping me." Suho looked at me and smiled. Everyone hugged me and I laughed. "I'm sorry I worried you all." 

Suho came and checked on my ankle. "Sica how's your ankle?" I smiled at him and looked at my ankle. 

"It's better now."

"Sica about yesterday.."

Xiu came running into my room and sat beside my bed. "Noona you have a phone call." I looked at Xiu and then at the phone. Suho and Xiu left my room and I picked up the phone.

"Jessie what happened? I heard you got hurt!"

"Kryssie I'm ok. I just sprained my ankle."

"How?"

"I was outside during a thunderstorm and.."

"Wait. Outside during a thunderstorm? Why? You're terrified of thunderstorms."

"I know, but Lulu went missing and.."

"Wait you did this for a guy? He must be very cute to make you face your fears."

"Kryssie it's not like that. I was worried and went to look for him, but then it rained. I got hurt, but Suho carried me home.."

"Wait! A guy carried you home! How romantic! I should have stayed too! I'm so jealous!"

"Kryssie.."

"Oops..well sis take care and give me more details next time. Have to go bye."

"Bye Kryssie."

 

I hung up and put the phone down. I sighed and I closed my eyes. I fell asleep