Chapter 8

A Destiny Met To Be

Tiffany’s POV

It’s finally the weekend, this has finally come, my death day.

“Fany-ah!” I hear my mom call for me through my bedroom door. I didn’t have a heap of sleep last night because I foolishly thought that the day wouldn’t have to end if I didn’t sleep. Although I am lacking sleep, I don’t feel sleepy at all because there is too much of me to worry about. Like whether I would be able to survive this ridiculous marriage. “Fany-ah!” This time its Jessica who is at my door calling for me.

Taking in a deep solemn breath and then letting out in a deep sigh, I slowly make my way to the door to open it. “I’m fine, and I’m awake.” I tell them as I turn my back to them and make my way towards the bathroom.

“Omo!” Jessica suddenly screamed in shock. “Fany-ah! What happened to you? Did you not have any sleep last night?” She noticed the absolutely huge dark black eye bags that had crept its way up under my eyes.

“Sica-ah! I can’t do this! I can’t get this thought out of my head. I will be married to him today! Can I run away now so that I wouldn’t have to face him?” My tears have finally burst. It’s no use holding it in anymore. Time is crunching and very soon I will become Mrs. Lu.

“Fany-ah, I know that it is hard for you to accept the fact that this is an arranged marriage, but I can guarantee you that this is the best choice that you’ll ever make in your entire life. You just need the time to adjust to it and get to know him better. I’m sure that he thinks the same way as well. I would like you to at least try to put some effort into this relationship before you call it quits.” I can read the sincerity in her eyes as she tells me her thoughts. Of course it is because she is not the one who would be married to a guy who she absolutely has no fond feelings of at the age of where people normally just study and have fun and party night long, as well as in the midst of starting to find that special someone.

But in Tiffany’s case this special someone is chosen for her, and she had no say in it at all.

“Come on, let’s get you all fresh and ready to meet this husband of yours, shall we?” Jessica pushed Tiffany back into the bathroom for her to take a shower.

End of POV

---

Luhan’s POV

I woke up with the sun shining through my windows this morning. I take a look around my room as soon as I woke up. Things have been changing very quickly this past week, as my mom has been preparing for the wedding. My room is officially not my room anymore, because it will be our room.

My room has been rushed for reconstruction to have a bigger closet that could help hold both mine and Tiffany’s clothes. More of the color pink has shown up here and there because my mom said that it was Tiffany’s favorite color, as well as a newer reconstructed bathroom. I can tell you that with money, anything can happen in the shortest amount of time.

“Han Han…” I hear my mom creeping into my room with a huge smile on her face.

“I’m up mom, I’ll be ready in 15.” I tell her as I get out of bed.

“The day is finally here!” I hear mother hollering as she goes back down the stairs.

End of POV

---

Both the Hwang’s and Lu’s have gathered in the backyard of the Lu’s residence for this small warm wedding with only their parent’s and Jessica and as well as the cute and adorable Lily Lu.

“Because of your request we have limited the people who will know of this wedding. It will only be among us family members here today who will know, and as well has Jessica who is like a family member to us. I hope that the both of you will living happily together with consideration of each other and take a life’s time to get to know each other with love and appreciation. I can’t believe that I will be letting my precious daughter off to marriage at an early age, but I’m positive that I have made the best decision of my life to marry her off the Luhan.” Mr. Hwang held his daughter’s hand tightly while giving his speech. “Luhan, I hope that you will take care of this precious daughter of mine with love.” He then handed Tiffany over to Luhan placing her hand in his.

“I will dad.” Luhan told him.

Tiffany on the other hand had no emotions in her. She just wanted to get it over with, because she knew that she wouldn’t have a chance to escape from this wedding.

“Will the both of you sign this on this line for the marriage certificate, as well as a witness for each of them to sign on the line below, please?” The lawyer had informed them.

Without any hesitation Luhan had lifted up the pen in front of him and applied his signature to the line of the document.

Tiffany on the other hand stood with her eyes wide open staring at the document hesitating to sign it, and still not believing that this is truly happening.

“Fany-ah…” Jessica slowly shook her out of her dazed state.

“Sign it, Fany-ah.” Her mother told her.

“Here take this,” Jessica held a pen in her hand for her. “Now sign it.” Jessica pointed to the line on the document for her.

And with a deep exhale of breath, Tiffany aimed for the line on the document and shut her eyes closed tightly and finally signed the document.

And then their father’s quickly stepped up to sign the document as well.

“Now I pronounce you husband and wife.” The lawyer had announced.

 “Congratulations!” Everybody screamed at the same time.

Tiffany did not smile once, nor did she want to pretend to smile. She absolutely hated the moment.

Luhan on the other hand gave out his sweetest smile to please his parents.

“Fany-ah, could you at least smile in consideration for your parents?” Jessica whispered.

“He… He… He… Happy?” Tiffany forcefully smiled for her.

---

After dinner…

“Well, we will be leaving now. Tiffany, please behave like a wife and don’t give me any disappointments.” Mr. Hwang warned before he walked off.

“And, I’ll see you at school on Monday Mrs. Lu.” Jessica teased. “And Luhan please take care of my Tiffany. She’s may be a little hard to handle at times, so please bear with it.” Jessica told him before she gave Tiffany a hug and also followed along with the Hwang’s out of the house.

“Alright, get washed up and have a nice night newlyweds.” Mrs. Lu scooted them up the stairs to their room closing the door shut behind her.

Tiffany and Luhan had been left dumfounded standing in the bedroom staring at the closed door not knowing what to do.

“Ummm…” Luhan rubbed the back of his neck to loosen up the atmosphere to of the cold room. “Why don’t you go and wash up first?” he suggested.

And without another word Tiffany silently obeyed to his orders and walked around to look at where everything is placed in the room.

“This is the closet and next to it is the washroom. They are both connected also if you by chance forget to get your clothes.” Luhan had explained to her. “Oh and I believe that your clothes have already been delivered here and have been arranged into the closet along with your other belongings.” He also told her.

Still the silent Tiffany didn’t dare to say a word to him but instead listened intently to what he had to say.

“Go on and take your time, I’m in no rush. I’ll just be here watching T.V. if you need anything.” Luhan pointed to the mini living room within the room.

Tiffany then made her way towards the closet to gather her clothes before heading towards the bathroom to wash up.

And as soon as Luhan had heard that Tiffany had finally locked the doors of the bathroom he finally felt a bit relieved that he at last has a little time for him to think.

He needed to think about what will happen between them and this marriage. And what is needed to be done for this marriage to continue as comfortable as possible, because between him and Tiffany they both very well know that they were never comfortable together from the first day they met.

Luhan then turned around from the couch to look that the frame that is hanging above their bed at the moment, their wedding picture. Although they look like the perfect couple, they know nothing about each other.

“Aish!” Luhan hollered in frustration at this whole situation at the moment.

And finally the sound of the bathroom door unlocking can be heard, and it was a cue for Luhan to head to the bathroom for a wash up and finally head to bed.