Chapter 15

A Destiny Met To Be

“Let go.” Tiffany hissed, but as she hissed at him. She felt something warm and hard sliding onto her ring finger.

Her eyes widened at the sudden thought to what she knew what that object was.

Peeking through underneath the table, she saw a sparkling gem appear on her finger, and the warmth came from Luhan who was holding tightly onto the ring the whole time.

It was a ring, a wedding ring to be exact.

“Luhan…” Tiffany whispered at him.

But Luhan ignored her and continued talking to his friends while he interlocked their hands together under the table.

“Tiffany try this. It’s really good.” Jessica placed some food in her plate. But Tiffany seemed to be lost in her thoughts. “Fany-ah.” Jessica called for her again.

“Huh?” Tiffany finally snapped out of her thoughts.

“What are you thinking about now Tiffany Hwang?” Jessica asked her.

“Nothing…” Tiffany lied.

“You know you can’t lie to me, right?” Jessica reminded.

And to get Jessica off her case she turned to Kris who happened to be eating silently by himself. “Kris, will you just stuff some food in that mouth for me.” She told him.

Tiffany then went back to spacing out to her thoughts. She knew that maybe it was time to accept reality. Luhan used all of his efforts to try to make things work, to make her feel happy, but all she is doing is pushing him away.

As well as thinking back the conversation she had with Lay the other day. Although it was that slipped the words, she still knew that it was her heart telling her to do so. Her heart had already made room for Luhan. And although they don’t know much about each other they are in this marriage together for the good and bad, and to make compromises and to make sacrifices.

But right now it is only Luhan who is doing all of that.

When the rest were immersed in their own conversations Luhan turned to see Tiffany zoning out. “Are you tired? Want to go home?” Luhan asked her as he knew that Tiffany wasn’t quite herself anymore.

“No I’m fine. We can stay for a bit more if you want.” Tiffany needed to get used to this lifestyle fast.

“Guys, I’m out. We still got school tomorrow.” Luhan announced at once, causing Tiffany to question his actions when she had just told him that she was fine.

“Okay, let’s leave then.” The others agreed with Luhan’s suggestion and all stood up from their seats.

“I’ll take Tiffany home.” Suho offered catching everyone’s attention and causing Jessica to scoff at him.

“It’s fine. She’s coming with me.” Luhan stood up and pulled Tiffany up with him as their hands were still interlocked with each other.

“Ha.” Jessica made a ‘get that’ look to Suho indicating that he lost.

“Are you guys together?” Xiumin asked as he rose up one eyebrow at them while pointing at their interlocked hands.

Tiffany tried to pull away but that only caused Luhan to hold on to her tighter.

“Well, that’s for us to know and for you nosy guys to find out.” A mischievous smirk appeared on Luhan’s face.

“Jessica, do you need a ride home?” Tiffany tried to change the subject to get the attention off of her.

“Is that even a question?” Jessica rolled her eyes at the obvious.

“Oh, and me as well.” Kris held up a hand. But to be fair he just wanted the truth out of them.

“Let’s get going, Tiffany’s tired.” Luhan stated after he settled the bill and led Tiffany out to the parking lot.

As soon as they were on the road, Kris finally opened his mouth to ask them.

“So, tell me.” He simply ordered.

“Tell you what? Tell you how much Jessica loves you?” Luhan teased causing Tiffany to laugh out loud at his comment. “Or how I finally managed to make my Tiffany laugh for the first time since we met.” Luhan again interlocked his hands with Tiffany while his other hand was on the wheel, and causing Tiffany to blush madly at his actions and words.

“Tell me what’s going on between you two.” Kris groaned.

“Oh my god, Tiffany you finally put on your wedding ring?” Jessica squealed when she noticed the sparkling thing on Tiffany’s hand.

“It just came in today. I went to get it during my spare time.” Luhan told them.

“But you don’t need to get me a ring.” Tiffany simply told him.

“Of course I have to. You are my wife, and I want everyone to know that you’re taken.” Luhan lifted up their interlocked hand and kissed it sweetly, causing Tiffany to blush at his actions.

“Wait, just wait. You guys are married!?” Kris let out a loud holler from the surprised news.

“Yeah, they got married a week ago.” Jessica told him.

“And, you didn’t even tell us?” Kris hollered again.

“I’m sorry, it’s my fault.” Tiffany lowered her head with guilt.

“It’s not your fault. I know how you don’t like the attention and how you don’t like others knowing about this.” Luhan gave her a light squeeze on her hand to assure her that everything is alright. “Kris, can you stop scaring my wife?” Luhan warned.

“Well, you shouldn’t be mad. Because Tiffany is already letting you know about this secret. And please don’t tell the others or anyone else, because only me, you and their parents know about them getting married. Plus, it’s not the kind of marriage that you think it is. They were arranged for marriage, so it’s not like that they could have a say.” Jessica told him.

“So… Tiffany must be more than I think she is?” Kris stated.

“Definitely a gem from the ocean.” Luhan sweetly told her.

“Okay, save that for when you’re alone with her. What I meant is she’s the daughter of T.T.H Electrionic’s isn’t she?” Kris questioned, while Tiffany’s eyes widened at how he guessed it.

“Ho-w-ed did you know?” Tiffany stuttered.

“The news came out a couple of days ago that L.L.H. and T.T.H are partnering.” Kris pointed out.

“You’re so smart.” Jessica squealed.

“Everything he does whether its ting or crapping you’d still think is smart, cool, and hot.” Luhan teased. “We’re here.” He announced as he stopped the car on the side of the road.

“Well, glad to know that my buddy is happier now. And see you tomorrow sister-in-law.” Kris bid goodbye to the two before stepping out of the car.

“Jessica, are you going to get off or what?” Tiffany asked.

“What? I thought that you’re going to bring me home?” Jessica looked around to only realize that it was her home.

“You are home and I think that Kris might have something to tell you.” Tiffany pointed to Jessica’s side of the window and indicated that Kris is walking over to open the door for her.

Jessica’s eyes widen at all of the possible things that might happen tonight.

“Bye girl.” Tiffany laughed at her best friends’ reaction.

“Jessica, I have something to tell you.” Kris said as soon as he opened the door for her. “See you both tomorrow.” Kris bid them goodbye again.

“Let’s get home now.”  Luhan drove off.

Once they got home, the lights were all turned off indicating that everyone else was asleep.

As soon as they reached their bedroom Luhan threw himself on the bed.

“Go take a shower and change before you throw yourself on my bed.” Tiffany scolded as soon as she closed the door to their room.

Luhan purposely disobeyed to see what Tiffany would do if he didn’t move to her request.

With his eyes closed he waited for her to say something but he didn’t hear a sound from her.

“Tiffany…” He called out as he opened his eyes to see that she was gone. And soon the sound of the shower appeared through the bathroom doors.

After a good 20 minutes Tiffany appeared in her sleepwear next to next to the bed. Without a word Tiffany fixed her side of the bed and laid in bed comfortably, before pushing Luhan off of the bed making him land on the floor with a loud thud.

“Owww… why do you keep doing that?” Luhan whined at Tiffany who ignored his presence, and laid peacefully in bed.

Without arguing further Luhan quietly obeyed and made his way to the bathroom.

And with a quick 5 minute shower Luhan laid on the bed next to Tiffany sheepishly wrapping his arms around her.

“Keep your hands to yourself.” Tiffany slapped his hands away before turning her back on him.

“Baby…” Luhan suddenly whispered to her.

“What?” Tiffany hissed.

“Are we on good terms now?” Luhan asked.

“I suppose…” Tiffany answered.

“So can we be like all those normal couples?” He continued to ask.

“Are we not normal?” Tiffany hissed again.

“What I meant is can we at least act like a couple in front of the others?” Luhan corrected himself.

“If you want to act then get that Lin to act with you. I don’t want to be slaughtered by those fangirls of yours.”

“Are you by chance jealous of Lin, because she’s clinging herself onto me?” Luhan placed a hand on Tiffany but to only have her slap it off.

“In your dreams, I’ll never be jealous of her.” Tiffany lied. Every time she saw Lin cling to Luhan, she could feel her blood-rising and her teeth clenching together.

“Then are you saying that you’ll be jealous if it was someone else?” Luhan continued to question.

“No, I will not get jealous of anyone. Now stop with the questions and get to sleep.” Tiffany is starting to get annoyed at these questions that she doesn’t know how to answer.

“Tiffany…” Luhan called for her attention again. “Thanks for giving me a chance, thanks for giving us a chance.” Luhan snuggled himself into Tiffany’s back, and fortunately this time she didn’t push him away.