Chapter 7

A Destiny Met To Be

In the midst of trying on his suits, Luhan heard a soft yelp coming towards the changing rooms.

“Save me!” He heard again, but just ignored it. He just wanted to quickly finish trying on the suits and get out of there to meet up with his buddies.

“Excuse me!” Luhan called for the sales associate.

“Yes, Sir? Do you need help with anything?” She asked.

“I would like to take this one please.” Luhan handed the suit over to her.

“Thank you, and is there anything that you need to have resized for a better fit?” The sales associate asked.

“No everything is-.”

“No, Luhan of course you have to go in and try it again for this lady to check and see if there is anything to fix.” Luhan eyes widened as he saw his mom walking in with Tiffany’s mother beside her.

“Mom? What are you doing here?” Luhan’s eyebrows furrowed up in frustration at the appearance of his mother.

“Well I came to see you try on the suits and make sure you pick the right one.” She told him.

“Mom, don’t you think that I’m more than capable of picking out a suit for myself? I think I’ll be fine.” He told her.

“I know, but I want to see you in a handsome suit.”

“Well unfortunately, I think that you’re a little too late… I just finished picking one.” He informed her.

“No, no, go on in and try it again for me and this lady to get things right.” She literally pushed him into the changing room again with the suit for him to try on.

“Mom!” the two turned around seeing a very exhausted Jessica standing in front of their eyes. “Fany is in their right? She called me with a horrifying crying voice telling me to come save her.” Jessica breathed heavily still trying to catch her breath.

“Jessica, you need to calm down… Tiffany is just trying on her dress for the wedding this weekend.” Tiffany’s mother told her.

“And I thought that she was getting killed in a bridal shop or something.” Jessica’s finally relived. “I’ll just check on her to make sure.”

Just as Jessica stepped into Tiffany’s dressing room, Luhan came out in his suit for his mother.

“Awe baby, you look so good in this suit. I love it.” His mother gushed all over. “I can’t believe that my little baby is getting married.”

“Mom, chill out, I’m not going anywhere. I’ll still be your son and plus you still have Lily to occupy your time.”

“Mom, Tiffany’s ready!” Jessica yelled from the changing room.

“Tiffany’s here?” Luhan questioned.

“Of course, would you think that Tiffany wouldn’t be here for the wedding photo shoot?” His mother told him.

“You tricked me here didn’t you?” Luhan spoke the obvious but he just didn’t want to think that it was true.

“Well, I wanted to surprise you with your pretty wife.”

“Tiffany, come out!” Her mom told her.

“Mom, do I really have to-,” Tiffany walked out of the changing room seeing in front of her the unwanted future husband of hers.

“Tiffany you look really pretty.” Her so-called mother-in-law told her.

“Umm… thank you.” She politely thanked, although she is very against the idea of this wedding she still didn’t want her parents to be looked down on because they have an un-respectful daughter. And she also knew that the only way now is to go along with the idea and help her parents out just for once.

“Luhan! Don’t you think that she’s really pretty?” His mother had asked him, but Luhan was stuck in his own little world to hear what his mother has asked him. “LUHAN!” His mother screamed this time.

“Huh?!” Luhan was too busy paying attention to something else rather than listening to what his mother was saying to him.

“Don’t you think that Tiffany is really pretty son?”

“Yeah, of course.” He quickly answered.

“Oh my god! Fany-,” Jessica suddenly hollered. “You’re getting married to Luhan!? Please tell me that I’m only dreaming…” Jessica had walked out of the changing room to see Luhan standing next to the two older women, which one of them were Tiffany’s mother.

Tiffany only stood there trying to hide her face, because she too couldn’t believe the truth also.

“Jessica, don’t you think that these too look so good together?” Tiffany’s mother asked.

“Ahh… yes, of course.” Jessica stuttered, but only because she knows too much of their non-existent interaction between each other.

“Excuse me, but the studio is now ready for photo’s to be taken.” The photographers assistant came up to inform them.

“Let’s go guys, we have to get this done before the weekend.” The mother’s rushed.

“Ummm… why don’t you guys go down first… I have something I want to discuss with Luhan before we start the photos.” Tiffany finally spoke up after a long time.

“You guys will have a lifetime to talk to each other… we really have to get these photos done.” Tiffany’s said.

“Mom, just let these guys have some time to get to know each other before the shoot and maybe the pictures would turn out to be better than you’d expect it to be. Come on, let’s get go.” Jessica pushed then down to the studio.

After they left, the two stood awkwardly in front of each other not even daring to look at each other.

“Umm… it’s nice to see you again.” Luhan finally took the courage to break the silence after the long while.

“Yeah…” Tiffany is still looking to the ground not wanting to look at him as if it had already become a habit for her because of the girls at school.

“So… what is it that you have to tell me?” Luhan asked.

“Umm… well, Iknowthatwearen’tinlovesoIwaswondering-.”

“Wait, hold up… You’re speaking a little too fast. I know that you’re not so fond of me, but I’m not going to bite. Calm down and slow down.” Luhan told her.

“I’m sorry…” Tiffany whispered. “Umm… I know that we aren’t in love, but we are both forced into this agreement. I was sort of wondering if we are able to make this wedding as small as possible so that not very many people would know about it. I don’t feel comfortable being known as the daughter of the guy who owns T.T.H Electronics as well as going to balls and being in the spotlight, I also don’t really want others to know that we are married…” This is probably the first time that Tiffany had said this many words to Luhan before…

Luhan grew silent for a few seconds to observe Tiffany and her words. She had once looked at him, but he was glad that she had finally spoken to him. And unknowingly a smile grew on his face while looking at the shy/scared Tiffany in front of him in a very beautiful wedding dress.

“How about we finish with the photoshoot first, and then we get both of our parents to my house and we could discuss this with them. I’m totally fine with this idea as long as you’re happy and if this helps you feel more secure.” Luhan told her.

“Thank you.” Was all Luhan had managed to get before she turned for the stairs.

“At least it’s a good start…” Luhan whispered to himself before following Tiffany.

----

After the photo shoot ended Luhan gathered both parents to tell them of their plans.

“Mom, Dad, Mr. and Mrs. Hwang I have something that I would like to say. I know that this is an arranged marriage for the partnership of both companies, but because this involves us as well. We would like for you guys to keep this wedding and marriage among ourselves so that others would not know about this.” He told them.

“And why is that an option?” Luhan’s father quickly put on his frown with a serious tone.

“Well, as we all know that Tiffany’s is not known to the outside that she is Mr. Hwang’s daughter, and she likes to keep it that way so that people wouldn’t look at her differently. I want to keep her out of the spotlight to protect her.” Luhan paused a little to think for another reason to please them. “And also if we keep the wedding to ourselves then at least the reporters would be saying that this partnership is only because we are married.”

“I think that this is not a bad idea. I don’t really want our Tiffany to be hurt in anyway because of this marriage. And I’m sorry Tiffany, I haven’t thought of you and the fact that others don’t know that you’re my daughter. I know that you don’t like the spotlight and I know that you don’t want others to treat you differently.” Her father apologized.

“So, are you guys agreeing to this suggestion?” Luhan asked.

The two men looked at each other as if they could read each other’s mind and both nodded at the same time.

“Alright… we’ll keep this quiet, but from this point on I don’t want to hear anymore objections of the wedding and the marriage. As well as that Tiffany will move into our house after the wedding so Luhan have your room ready.” His father told him.

Luhan nodded, but Tiffany could only nibble on her thumb nervously to the fact that she’d have to live with him in one room together from now on.

After the discussion, the mothers have gone their way to inform the wedding planner about their changed plans. The fathers have gotten into a deep discussion about the partnership and their companies, leaving Luhan and Tiffany alone together on the balcony starring at the clear starry sky.

Luhan and Tiffany stood next to each other looking at the beautiful sky together awkwardly not knowing what to say to each other.

“Umm… Thank you.” Tiffany whispered hoping that he’d hear, but was really scared to say another word to him.

“It’s not a problem.” He told her, but secretly in his mind he just wants to help make things better, he hates how Tiffany’s always so quiet to him. He hasn’t even got an opportunity to clearly look at her because she had always been avoiding his glaze.

Tiffany still remained silent without another word coming out of her. She just continued to look at the sky hoping that the day would end sooner.

“But since I helped you, could you also help me?” Luhan suddenly broke another one of the silences between them.

“Ummm…” Tiffany’s eyes once again had landed upon the grounds in front of her.

“I would only like you to look at me when we are talking to each other.” And with that he walked off leaving her standing alone staring at his back as he walked off.