Chapter 10

A Destiny Met To Be

The weekend quickly past by in a blink of an eye, and today the two of them would finally go back to school.

Luhan knew that Tiffany wouldn’t like to see him, so Luhan was out all weekend with his buddies leaving Tiffany at home with his mother and Lily. He purposely came home late last night to avoid Tiffany and went straight for the couch.

This morning he also woke up an hour earlier to take a shower before waking up Tiffany for school.

“Tiffany… it’s time for school.” Luhan quietly shook her out of her deep sleep.

“Five more minutes mom…” She turned to the other side.

“I’m not your mother. I’m your husband.” Luhan used his husky voice to wake Tiffany up, causing her to wake up immediately and forcing her back to reality.

“When did you get back?” Tiffany asked as she got out of bed and headed for the bathroom.

“This morning.” He lied.

“Probably out all night with your fangirls.” Tiffany whispered to herself.

“I’m going to leave now. I’ve told our driver to drive you to school.” Luhan told her through the bathroom door.

----

“Luhan, breakfast?” His mother asked.

“No, I’m going to get to school first. Bye.” He rushed out the house before his mother could get onto him even more.

When Luhan got to school he saw his friends hanging out at his locker like usual.

“Luhan!” One of the boys called out for him.

“Hey, guys.” Luhan forced a smile on his face to greet his buddies. He was not really in the mood to deal with them because he was worried about Tiffany. If she’d get to school safely or if any of the crazy girls will attack her on her way here.

But not long after Suho looks behind him with a huge smile on his face as if he won a jackpot. “Look guys, here comes my girls.” And Luhan turned his head to see Tiffany and Jessica walking in their direction.

“Tiffany is not yours!” Jessica blocked Suho from getting closer to Tiffany.

“Hey, Kris!” Suho waved to the tall guy walking in their direction, causing Jessica to immediately turn her head looking for Kris.

“Morning Kris!” Jessica immediately made her way over near Kris’s side, leaving Tiffany with Suho.

“Morning babe.” Suho slipped his arm around Tiffany’s shoulders.

“Ggoodd Morrninng.” She stuttered, somehow she felt weird being so close to Suho. It just didn’t feel right, especially when she can feel Luhan’s eyes staring down at them. But thankfully *Ring* the bell rang in time indicating for them to get to class.

“Time for class. Let’s go.” Luhan immediately pulled Suho away from Tiffany and pushed Suho to his class.

Tiffany’s POV

As soon as I sat down in my seat I can hear the devil’s behind me trash talking about me again, but I know that I have to do my best to ignore it.

Yes, I am hypnotizing myself to ignore all of the bad things that have been happening to me at the moment. Close your eyes and take a deep breath in and then exhale. I need to concentrate in school and achieve good grades. I need to make my parents proud.

And thankfully the trash talking stopped, even before the teacher appeared in the classroom.

I can feel a fearless energy surrounding me, and I open my eyes to see Luhan in his seat next to me giving a cold stare to the girls around who were talking about me.

“Alright class is starting!” The teacher yells as he walks into the classroom.

And as I was trying to concentrate on the lesson, Luhan keeps on giving me a nudge at my elbow.

But I know that as soon as I look into his eyes I will be haunted down immediately by the crazy fangirls. So I just looked down at the book in front of me, but only to find a note stuck on it.

                Why did you arrive at school so early? Did you even eat breakfast?

And I begin writing down my answer on the same note.

                I didn’t have any appetite. Why do you even care?

I moved the note a little closer to him for him to see but not too close for others to notice us exchanging words.

Shortly after, I can feel him giving me another nudge, and I found another note on my book.

                It’s my duty. And you need to eat.

After seeing the word duty on the note, I flipped the page on my book not even bother to reply to it.

I try to concentrate again at what the teacher is teaching, but my mind is wondering all over the place not willing to cooperate with me.

I look at Jessica who is secretly reading a text on her phone, and after she read the text her turned around to look at me with an angry expression as if I did something wrong.

“Ok… together with the person next to you go through problems 1-20 and hand it in as homework by Wednesday.” I hear the teacher saying. But wait, he said the person next to me, and that means… Luhan.

And very soon I can hear the devils whisper again, haunting me as if I am a thief.

“Shutup!” I hear a husky voice hollering next to me, which caused me to awaken and looking up to see who it is. “I’ve had enough of you guys whispering and talking about other people of who is not any of your concerns. You guys have gone too far in hurting innocent people around!” it was Luhan who is yelling at the girls.

Then I realized that he might be in big trouble if the teacher is still around, so I looked around the room and thankfully the teacher has already left.

“But, Oppa!” They all whined.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t recall allowing you guys to call me that. And after all the immature behavior in this past few weeks I definitely won’t allow it now either.” He told them. “I can tell you guys that it is not any of your concerns of who I hang out with and I definitely will not hang out with you guys so cut it and find something better to do with your lives.” And he coolly got up from his seat and left the room, leaving the girls in tears and fear.

As I was still trying to grasp the situation together, Jessica comes rushing over next to me.

“Oh my god, didn’t you think that was so sweet.” She whispered in my ears, but I just gave her a ‘huh?’ look, not understanding what is so sweet about the situation. “Don’t you think that your husband is sweet in trying to protect you from those devils?” She continued to whisper to me.

He is yelling at them because he is trying to protect me? But it can’t be, because it is just his duty to protect me.

“No, it’s just a duty to him… I’m just nothing but a duty, because of our parents.” I simply told her.

“Then how do you explain him texting me telling me to make sure you eat? He obviously cares about you.”

“Why are you siding with him? He is the one ruining my life.” I whisper to her.

I have had enough of Jessica trying to help him. I get up to leave for a little break before our next class starts.

----

After a long day of classes, I finally made it home without any horrible accidents. But it maybe because all the girls in the school were crying over the fact that Luhan yelled at them. I might have to prepare myself for the worst tomorrow when they all get the chance to rest up before the match - although it’s not really a match when technically they are the ones who is doing the harm and I’m the one receiving the harm.

“Tiffany, where is Luhan? Did he not come home with you?” my mother-in-law asks as she comes and sits on the couch next to me.

“Oh… ummm… he is probably with friends.” I lied, because I don’t really know where he is. I ran out of the school as soon as the bell rang, avoiding him as fast as possible. But then again it seemed as if he is avoiding me more these past few days.

“That kid, is always with friends. He is not even caring that he has a wife at home waiting for him.” His mother complains to me.

“No, no, I’m fine. I think that it’s nice that he has a bunch of close friends that stick up for him.” I hope that saying this won’t cause his mother to nag him or force him to stay at home more often, because I really can’t stand being with him all day every day.

“You’re too considerate, he really needs to care for you more.”

“No, mom. I’m really fine. Please don’t yell at him.”  I pleaded.

“Fine, but if he is getting too out of control you have to let me know.” She holds my hand as a motive of comfort I guess.

“I will. Thank you.” I’m glad I got her onto the straight mindset.

After a small chit chat with the mother-in-law, I finally made my way back to my room to start on my homework.

As I was halfway through my homework, I hear a knock on the door.

“Pretty Unnie!” It’s Lily. “Mommy  told me to tell you to come down for dinner.” She told me, then I hear her little footsteps running away from the door.

When arrive at the dinner table, I see Mr. and Mrs. Lu and Lily at the table waiting for me. That is when I realized that Luhan still has yet to come home. Where is that guy? Shouldn’t he at least be home to have dinner with his parents?

I unknowingly let out a slight sigh of dissatisfaction of his weird behavior. But then again who am I to be of dissatisfaction because I still don’t really know him, and he is nothing to me.

“Tiffany!” I snap out of my thoughts. “Come sit for dinner.” I quickly obeyed to my orders.

“You don’t have to be scared with us. We are family now.” Mr. Lu told me.

----

I looked up at the clock as soon as I entered the bedroom after the long dinner and small talk with his family. It is already 8pm and Luhan is nowhere to be seen.

I look at the display on my cellphone to check if he has called, but nothing appeared.

I continue to finish the other half of my homework, and who knew that homework can be so tiring, tiring that I fell asleep on top of it.

End of POV

Luhan’s POV

I knew that Tiffany has been avoiding all day. She even ran out of class a few minutes early to avoid me. So why not allow her to avoid me. It is the only way to get her to get more comfortable at home in a surrounding that she is still not familiar with.

“Let’s go to your place after school today.” I tell Tao as we all exit the school.

“Sure!” He happily jumped up and down like a little kid.

After hanging out with Tao for a long while, I suddenly remember that Tiffany and I have an assignment to finish for one of our classes tomorrow. It was a pretty easy assignment so I figured that I’ll wait until Tiffany might fall asleep before heading home to start on the assignment by myself.

----

When I reach home, I look up at the window to our room. The lights are still on. She’s still up at 12… possibly waiting for me to get home to finish the assignment.

“Young master,” one of the maids whispered to me as I walk into the house. “Miss Tiffany hasn’t been eating much lately.” She tells me, and I gave her a nod as an indication telling her that I understood.

I continue to walk up the stairs and towards our room. I lightly knock on the door, just to tell her that I’m entering. And when I entered the room I found her with her head on the desk and her homework surrounding her.

She must have fallen asleep while doing her homework.

I quickly put down my bag and walked over to her to pick her up and put her on the big comfortable bed.

“Mom…” She mumbled in her sleep. “I feel lonely here.” She mumbles again.

“I’m Sorry.” I whisper to her, and sweep her bangs to its proper place before lightly giving her a peck on her forehead. This is the first time I am taking a good look at her.

Looking at her right now, I can feel the guilt getting to me for bringing her here. She just has to bear with it for the moment until she gets used to it. I know that this is not the place where she’d like to be the most, but the least I could do is stay away from her to make her feel better.

“I’m really sorry.” I whisper once more before heading back to the desk to start on the assignment that we were supposed to do together.

End of POV