Chapter 14

A Destiny Met To Be

*Beep Beep* The alarm rang.

“Luhan turn that stupid thing off.” Tiffany pushed Luhan off the bed.

“Owww, are you trying to murder your own husband?” Luhan rubbed his , before getting up to turn off the loud alarm clock. “It’s time to get up, baby.” Luhan whispered into Tiffany’s ears, causing her to sit up straight and widely awake.

“Stop! Don’t call me like that, and don’t whisper in my ears.” Tiffany held her hands up in front of her as a shield blocking her from Luhan.

“Are you being shy? We even shared the same bed last night.” Luhan smiled at Tiffany’s flustered appearance.

“Technically you forced yourself onto the bed and held me on with you. I did not like it what so ever.” Tiffany half shouted at him.

“But I slept really well with you by my side last night.” Luhan pouted.

“Stop it. Stop whatever thing you are trying to pull on me. I am not going to fall for it. I have to get ready now, bye.” Tiffany still was not sure what she felt about this arranged marriage with the most popular guy at school. She’s still feared of the unwanted attention she was getting.

After half an hour of getting ready she head down to the dining table for breakfast. Seeing Lily sitting with the table almost as high as her was always the most pleasant sight she could get in this house.

“Good morning Miss Pretty!” Lily happily greeted. That little girl was always so happy.

“Morning to you too Little Miss Pretty.” Tiffany giggled.

“Mommy! Miss Pretty said that I am Little Miss Pretty. Am I really?” Lily yelled for her mother who was just coming out of the kitchen.

“Of course you are. Come on and eat up.” Mrs. Lu and the maids placed food on the table.

“Good Morning Mom.” Tiffany greeted.

“Good Morning! You should hurry and eat, school isn’t going to wait.” Mrs. Lu told her.

“Baby, you done? We really have to get going.” Luhan walked in to the dining room.

“I’m not going to go to school with you. Do you know how I’d get killed if the girls knew that I’m hanging with you.” Tiffany told him while calmly eating her food.

“That’s why we have to get their early before anyone else does.” Luhan practically dragged her out of her seat. “Bye Mom, Bye Lily.” Luhan bid before dragged Tiffany along with him.

“Luhan! Let go of me.” Tiffany screamed her way to the car.

“No! I’m not letting you go to school alone today.” Luhan pushed her into her seat and helped her put on her seat belt before hurrying to his driver’s seat.

“Why can’t you let me live?” Tiffany whined.

“I just want to go to school with my wife today. And plus it’s not like I’m going to announce that we are married. Or unless that’s what you want?” Luhan smirked.

“No, absolutely not.” Tiffany told him.

“Good, then be a good girl.” Luhan’s smile never left him.

When they got to school, the first thing that Tiffany did was carefully check her surroundings before heading out of the car.

“You don’t have to be so cautious.” Luhan rolled his eyes at her childish behavior.

“You never know, what if your fangirls are waiting for you.” Tiffany hissed at him.

“They don’t usually come here.” He assured her.

“Luhan Baby!” A high pitched voice appeared out of nowhere. And soon enough the owner of the voice showed up with her arms wrapped tightly around him. “Luhan Baby!”

“Linn…” Luhan’s big round eyes suddenly got bigger and rounder at the sight in front of him. “What are you doing here so early?” He asked as he tried to pry himself away from her.

“My brother drove here today, so we got here a bit earlier then expected.” She explained. “What are you doing here… with her?” She pointed to the Tiffany standing on the other side of the car staring at them.

“I was just walking by.” Tiffany lied, and started to walk away.

“Tiffany!” Luhan tried to call for her but she pretended as if she didn’t hear him.

“Luhan Baby, how about you walk me to class?” Lin suggested as she dragged him with her.

“Lin, I’m sorry. I have other things to do. I have to go.” Luhan quickly made his escape to find his wife.

When he got to Tiffany’s locker he saw her standing there with Jessica and her other friends.

“Hi, Luhan.” Jessica greeted.

“Tiffany…” Luhan softened his voice hoping that Tiffany wasn’t mad at him because of Lin.

“Hi Luhan, Is there anything you need?” Tiffany casually started off, knowing that her friends, besides Jessica didn’t know about her and Luhan’s marriage.

“Are you mad at me?” While Luhan could care less if her friends knew or not.

“Mad? Mad at what?” Tiffany continued to pretend as if it was none of her matter.

“Did you screw up again?” Jessica hissed quietly.

“What’s happening here?” Suho suddenly showed up. “Good morning, my Tiffany! Did you have a nice sleep?” Suho arms automatically landed on Tiffany’s shoulders.

“Tiffany…” Luhan tried to call for her to remind her that he was still standing there.

With a smirk Tiffany took a glance at him see him staring intensely at Suho’s arms that were flung over her shoulders.

“Good morning Suho.” Tiffany smiled brightly at him. “it looks like you didn’t have enough sleep, want to go get a coffee before heading to class?” Tiffany noticed Luhan’s expression getting darker.

“Sure sweetheart. It’s so nice seeing you care for me.” Suho led the way to the café.

“Did you see that?” Luhan spoke to Jessica as he pointed to the two walking away.

“They look so good together!” Sooyoung squealed.

“Look at how sweet they are.” Yoona pointed out.

“I can’t believe this!” Luhan groaned before heading off to class.

“What’s wrong with him?” Sooyoung asked.

“I’m guessing he got off on the wrong side of the bed.” Jessica shook her head at the pair’s immature ways.

As Luhan walked into the classroom, he looked to see if Tiffany had shown up, but to his disappointment she was nowhere to be seen.

“Luhan.” Kris called for him from his seat.

“Hey, dude.” Luhan slightly sighed before walking up to his buddy.

“We’re planning to all go eat after school. You’re coming.” Kris informed him.

“Food? Does that include us?” Jessica suddenly appeared with Tiffany at her side.

Luhan’s expression finally lightened up at the sight of seeing his wife in front of him again. “Of course you guys are invited.” Luhan softly looked down at Tiffany praying that she isn’t still upset.

“Cool, we’ll be there. Right Tiffany?” Jessica nudged her.

“Yes, whatever.” Tiffany gave in. She knew that Jessica was only trying her best to get her and Luhan to work out. And because of her best efforts Tiffany knew that she couldn’t reject her.

“Great! Hot ladies and a hot meal, the best combination ever.” Kris gave them his infamous cold smirk.

“Kris! We are going to have so much fun.” Jessica beamed as she got into her seat beside Kris.

“Come Tiffany, let’s sit down. Class is starting soon.” Luhan pulled her to their seats.

And as usual Tiffany sat in her seat quietly with her head down and not dare to look at Luhan in any way.

“Good Morning Luhan!” A group of Luhan’s fangirls entered the room and headed for their seats behind Luhan and Tiffany.

Tiffany silently prayed that the girls wouldn’t notice her.

“Tiffany…” One of the girls called for her.

Cursing under her breath, Tiffany forced herself to turn to look back at them.

“You drop your bag. Here.” The girl handed it back to her.

“Umm… Thank you.” Tiffany’s hands shook as she tried to reach for her bag.

But before she could reach for it… “I’ll take it.” Luhan took the bag and hung it on her chair for her.

“Stop it.” Tiffany silently whispered to him.

“I’m just trying to help. You really need to stop worrying. You’re stressing yourself out like this. It’s not good for your health. I’ll always be here to protect you.” Luhan whispered back to her.

“Don’t you think that Tiffany looks better with Luhan than that Lin girl?” One of the girls spoke.

“See baby, they think that we’re perfect together.” Luhan comforted her.

“But if they know, then they will hate me.” Referring to their marriage.

“Do you have no trust in me? Or do you just not like me enough to admit that we are the truth.” Luhan just didn’t get why Tiffany is so cautious about the people around her. It hurt him to know that his own wife didn’t like to be seen with him.

For the first time Tiffany turned her head to look at Luhan in class. She could see the hurt in his eyes.

It’s not that she didn’t want to been seen with him. It’s just that she still didn’t know her true feelings yet.

She is still unsure if Luhan is the one. If he truly likes her, and if she really likes him.

And through the classes for the rest of the day Luhan had been ignoring her, as if it were her wishes.

“Tiffany, come on let’s go. The boys are waiting for us at the front.” Jessica happily made her way over to Tiffany who was at her locker putting her books away.

“Jessica… I don’t really know if I want to go anymore.” Tiffany sadly told her.

“Why what’s wrong? Did something happen?” Jessica asked.

“I don’t even know if Luhan wants to see me there anymore.” Tiffany whispered.

“What? What are you talking about?”

“I made him mad today… I don’t think that he wants to see me there today.”

“Tiffany!” Jessica stood firm in her place with her hands on both sides of her hips. “What did you do to manage to make that big eyed doll mad at you? You know that he could never get mad that easily at you.”

“You know me… I don’t like attention, but where ever Luhan is that is where attention lands. So I’ve always been avoiding him. And today even when those crazy fangirls were starting to approve of me I just don’t want things to go faster than they already were. So I guess it hurt him that I don’t like being around him.” Tiffany explained.

“Alright, I know that it’s as hard as it is on you than it is on him. And it must be hard for you that you guys didn’t get a step one and landed on step 10. But Tiffany have you thought of maybe walking just a few steps instead of having him walk all the steps. Maybe that is what’s truly hurting him. He has been putting in all of his efforts to make this relationship work, but you’re not trying at all.” Jessica told her.

“Have I really been that harsh on him?” Jessica nodded.

“It’s not that you were intentionally being harsh on him. It’s just that you still don’t know how to handle your relationship with him, but I’m sure that soon enough you’ll know what to do.” Jessica comforted her. “But right now I think that we should really head out because the guys are crying of hunger at the moment.”

“It took you girls long enough.” Chen cried.

“Sorry, had a little situation to deal with.” Jessica told them. “But it looks like someone was here to keep you all company anyways.” Jessica pointed to Lin who had clung herself onto Luhan again.

“Luhan baby, where are you guys going? Can I come to?” Lin asked.

Luhan looked to see Tiffany’s watery eyes staring at Lin’s arm clinging onto his. “No, Lin we have something important to do. Go home.” Luhan managed to pluck his arms away and made his way towards Tiffany. “Let’s go.” Luhan told the gang, leaving Lin angrily staring at them.

After walking for about 15 minutes, they finally reached the restaurant.

“Luhan, come sit over here.” Jessica pointed to the seat next to Tiffany.

“Jessica…” Tiffany hissed at her.

“Just sit.” Jessica pulled Luhan over and pushes him to sit down.

“I’ll sit here.” Jessica sat across from the two and next to Kris.

“What do you guys want to eat?” Kris asked.

“Nothing to spicy.” Luhan told him.

“I thought you liked spicy?” Kris raised an eyebrow at his buddies weird request.

Luhan eyed Tiffany before answering. “I don’t feel like it today.” he stuttered.

“So how about samgyupsal and soybean paste stew… and…” before Kris could finish Tiffany budged in.

“Kimchi Pancakes.” Tiffany told him.

“How’d you know that those were Luhan’s favorite?” Chanyeol asked.

“Lucky guess…?” Tiffany slightly giggled.

“Then good guess.” Chanyeol gave her a thumbs up.

Before the food arrived the group separated themselves with different conversations.

Tiffany constantly glanced over to Luhan hoping that he still isn’t mad at her.

Watching him immersed into his conversation with Kris, she felt sad that he still isn’t willing to talk to her.

She suddenly felt an empty feeling growing within her.

“Tiffany!” Jessica called for her because she noticed the girl zoning out.

“Huh?” Tiffany woke up from her thoughts.

“Food.” Jessica told her.

“Oh.” Tiffany stared down at the food in front of her.

“Here.” Luhan placed a bowl of stew in front of her.

“Thank you.” Tiffany slightly smiled. “Here.” Tiffany too placed a piece of kimchi pancake onto his plate, but only earning silence from him.

After seeing his behavior still not changing, Tiffany slumped in her seat, poking at her food.

“Are you really going to keep up with your attitude?” Jessica snapped at Luhan.

“What attitude?” Luhan asked.

“Look at her?” Jessica hissed for him to look to his right.

Luhan look over to see Tiffany with a pouty lips and sad eyes, while poking at her food not putting a single bit into .

“Do you have the heart to see out Tiffany acting like that?”

Luhan let out a small sigh, and continued to watch her poking at her food.

“Say ahhh… my Tiffany.” Suho who sat diagonally across from her held out a lettuce wrap telling her to eat it.

“Or do you want to push her to others?” Jessica asked.

“Come on, eat up.” Luhan too held out a lettuce wrap for her. “Tiffany…” Luhan nudged for her attention.

“I thought you were busy ignoring me?” Tiffany mumbled in frustration.

“I’m sorry okay? Eat up.” Luhan told her.

“What are you sorry for you didn’t do anything wrong.” Tiffany continued to mumble.

“Tiffany sweetheart, eat this.” Suho was still holding up the lettuce wrap for her.

Without another thought Tiffany ate Suho’s lettuce wrap and started to ignore Luhan.

“What comes around goes around…” Jessica happily sang.

And just right at that moment Tiffany’s phone rang.

“Hello?” Tiffany answered without looking at the caller id.

“Miss Pretty!” She heard Lily’s happy voice calling for her. “When are you and Oppa going to be home? I want you to read me a bedtime story.” Lily whined over the phone. A wide smile appeared upon her face when she heard the sweet little voice over the phone.

And the sweet wide smile caused Luhan to also come to curiosity to know who it was that had called his wife. “Who?” he mouthed to her.

“I thought you like listening to your Mommy’s stories?” Tiffany asked her. Then that was when a smile also appeared on his face.

“I like listening to Oppa’s but Mommy said that he is busy telling you stories. But tonight I want Miss Pretty to read me stories.” Lily cutely whined.

“Hold on Li…” Tiffany refrained herself from saying her name in case the others heard.

“What are we going to do?” Tiffany quietly asked him.

“Give it to me.” Before Tiffany could protest Luhan snatched the phone out of her hands.

“Hi little angel, me and Miss Pretty will be home as soon as possible. Right now, you should be in bed and asking Mommy to read you a good story first. And when we get home we would read you another one alright?” Luhan told her while looking at Tiffany and not caring if the other guys over heard him.

“Oppa… I was talking to Miss pretty, I don’t want to talk to you.” Lily threw a fit over the phone.

“So now that you have Miss Pretty, you don’t want oppa anymore?” Luhan sweetly smiled at how his sister got attached to Tiffany so quickly.

“I want Miss Pretty.” Lily stated.

“No, she is mine. And I won’t let you see her unless you listen to Mommy and go to bed.” Luhan threatened.

“Fine!” Lily shouted before she hung up.

“How could you threaten her like that?” Tiffany’s eyes widened at Luhan’s words.

“She wanted to hog you all for herself.” Luhan explained, and Tiffany could only roll her eyes at his childish actions.

“Yo, what was that all about?” Kris who sat across from them saw their little interaction.

“What?” Luhan acted as if there was nothing wrong.

“How does Lily know Tiffany?” Kris went straight for the point.

“What are you talking about?” Luhan continued to play dumb.

“Lily called Tiffany on her phone. You really think that I’m 5? You can’t get anything past these.” Kris pointed to his eyes. “Tiffany? Care to explain?”

“Jessica…” Tiffany simply whimpered to her best friend.

“Kris Baby, I’m sure that sooner or later these two will explain to you what happened. But for the time meaning give them their space and don’t let those nosy little things get into it.” Jessica told him.

“Alright, but if I don’t get an answer soon then those rascals will sure be notified.” Kris threatened.

“Luhan, shouldn’t we go and see if Lily is alright?” Tiffany quietly nudged the guy beside her.

“She’s fine babe. She’s just gotten a little too attached to you. But Mom, has it all under control.” Luhan assured her.

“So you guys are now on talking terms again?” Jessica eyed the two.

“No.” Tiffany stubbornly denied.

And when Tiffany said no she felt someone reach for her hand from under the table. She then eyed Luhan about to ask him what he was doing but Luhan just continued to talk to the others.

Tiffany tried to tug her hand out of his, but he was too strong for her pull her hands out without making a big commotion.

“Let go.” Tiffany hissed, but as she hissed at him. She felt something warm and hard sliding onto her ring finger.

Her eyes widened at the sudden thought to what she knew what that object was.

Peeking through underneath the table, she saw a sparkling gem appear on her finger.

It was a ring.