Chapter 11

A Destiny Met To Be

Tiffany’s POV

“Oh my god!” I shot up at the feeling of the sun shining on me. Then I suddenly remember that… “I still have to finish my homework!” I have accidently fallen asleep while doing my homework last night, but how did I end up on the bed? I quickly scanned the room and the first thing I see is Luhan lying in the very spot that I fell asleep at last night.

When did he get back? After going missing for the weekend and last night, he suddenly shows up out of nowhere.

I make my way over to the desk to grab my homework so that I can finish what is left before classes start. I gently slide the homework off the desk trying not to wake him up. I look at the list of homework that I had written to keep track of what needs to be done and I recognized the checks that I have made for which I have finished last night before fallen asleep. And then there are also new checkmarks that indicated that the rest of my homework has also been finished. Did he finish it for me?

I turn my head to look at him. This is when I realize that this is the first time I’m actually looking at him. He has double eyelids, his perfect eyebrows, his straight nose, and his lips. All the other times when we encountered each other whether it was at school or at home I’d be scared to look at him. In fact I am still scared, but it can’t be avoided due to the fact that we live under the same roof and in the same room. I somehow have to start to build up some courage to at least face him.

“It must be uncomfortable for him to be sleeping like that.” Considering that he is in a sitting position with his head on the hard desk.

I then hear the little footsteps of Lily running down the hall, and this is an indication for me to head to the bathroom to get ready for school.

After a quick shower and putting on some light make up, I head over to Luhan who is still sleeping on the desk. “Should I wake him up?” He seems so tired… it must be because he doesn’t have his bed to sleep on anymore.

I inhale deeply to gather some courage to wake him up. “Luhan…” I lightly called for him, but he is still deep in his sleep. “Luhan…” I called a bit louder this time and I also placed a hand on his shoulder pushing it as light as possible. And this time he slightly moved a bit but still didn’t get up. So this time with a slightly louder voice I called for him again, “Luhan…” and slightly pushing him again, but to my surprise he got a hold of my wrist and within a split he pulled me down causing me to fall on his lap. And my eyes met his… looking in his large round eyes I can start to feel the goose bumps on my arms rising. This is the second time that we have made skin contact.

“Wwwhat are you doing?” I started to stutter, while I was looking into his eyes searching for an answer.

But still in the same position for a whole minute and he still has yet to answer me. I can’t take it anymore. I try to get out of his embrace, but he was holding onto me too tightly.

“I’m sorry.” Is the first thing that came out of his mouth. “I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry for bringing you into this mess.” He continues. “I’ll try to do my best to make things better.” He tells me.

“What are you talking about?” confused by his words.

“I know that things have gone wrong from the first day we have met. I know that those girls have done many hurtful things to you, and I’ll try my best to keep you safe and away from the drama.” I can see the sincerity through his eyes, but I still need some time to process the morning confession that he is making at the moment. I sit there stunned, and not knowing what to say to him.

“OPPA!” I suddenly here Lily’s little voice screeching through the door at the right timing to dissolve the awkward atmosphere. “BREAKFAST!” She screeches again.

“You should head down for breakfast first while I get freshened up for school.” He tells me and helps up off his lap, before heading for the bathroom.

And as I watched him walk over to the bathroom two words that I never thought that I’d say to him escaped between my lips. “Thank you.”

And he stood there on the spot for about 30 seconds before turning to look at me with a smile that I’ve never seen before appear on his face.

“I mean thank you for helping me finish my homework.” I told him before rushing out the door and down the stairs for breakfast.

I can feel my cheeks burning up of embarrassment. I don’t know why but it feels awkward to just say something as simple as a thank you to him.

End of POV

When Luhan finished tidying up for school he headed down stairs for breakfast, but Tiffany was missing from the dining table.

“Where’s Tiffany?” He asked his mother.

“Oh, she said that she has something to do at school so she left early.” His mother answered him.

But Luhan perfectly knew that Tiffany left early to avoid him.

----

“Tiffany!” Jessica called as soon as she saw her best friend walking through the gate of the school.

“Hey.” Tiffany simply replied.

“What’s wrong? Are you already tired from your newlywed life?” Jessica nudged.

“NO!” Tiffany’s reaction to Jessica’s tease was a bit bigger than it needed to be. “Nothing happened! And can you please not talk about it on school grounds. I have enough to worry about as it is.” Tiffany whined.

“Ok fine, but if you need me you know that I’ll be here waiting.” Jessica patted her on the back as a support.

“Thank you.”

“But to start to talk about something else… Here comes the annoying arrogant Suho.” Jessica rolled her eyes. “I hate that guy.” Jessica whispered to Tiffany.

“Hey ladies!” Suho greeted the two as he walked up to them.

“Stay away from our Tiffany! She is not yours.” Jessica quickly put up her guard for her best friend.

“Well that is for my Tiffany to say, and not for you to assume.” Suho wrapped his arm around Tiffany and led her to her locker.

“Guys! Guys!” Sooyoung suddenly came running up to them with a big smile across her face. “I heard that there is going to be a new hot guy in our grade today.” She told them while she was still trying to catch her breath. “I heard that he is from China and that his family has a huge business there and that they are coming here to expand their business. He has a sister who is also coming to this school and is a year younger. They have also came here for a few years before, but went back for two years and now they are back again.” She explained to them.

“So what does this have to do with us?” Suho asked.

“Nothing… I just thought that you guys might want some firsthand news before class starts today.” She shrugged.

“Well, too bad that all I care about right now is my forever beautiful and sweet Tiffany right here.” Suho told her.

“Well, and for your information that little sister is very, very pretty by the way. I saw here on the way coming in and the first thing she did was sticking on to Luhan. I think that they know each other. She was hugging him like they haven’t seen each other for a long time.” Sooyoung told him. And when Tiffany heard that the person she was sticking onto was her so-called husband she stood frozen not knowing how to react to the news.

But on the other hand… Jessica who was beside Tiffany came to a big reaction of, “WHAT! We better go and get that girl off of him. Or who knows what will happen next. Let’s go Tiffany we have some big business to get done right now.” Jessica dragged Tiffany to the front of the school, while Tiffany is still frozen not knowing how to react.

“LUHAN!” Jessica screamed at the scene they ran into.

“Tiffany…” Luhan quiet whispered, while he was still being attacked by the girl he hasn’t seen for two years.

“What do you think you’re doing?!?” Jessica yelled at him while her eyes were also on Tiffany at the same time to make sure that she isn’t keeping her emotions all bottled up.

“Who are you?” The girl asked with her slight Chinese accent.

“I’m asking you are? And what do you think you’re doing in front of my school with him.” Jessica threw out her spoiled brat attitude to stand up for her best friend.

“I’m Lin, and I’m Luhan oppa’s girlfriend.” She stated.

“What?!? Is this true Luhan?” Jessica turned to Luhan who had his eyes on Tiffany the whole time.

“No, of course not! Lin I never said that I liked you in any way.” Luhan pushed her off of him.

“What? You even kissed me before I left two years ago.” She told them.

“I’m sorry Lin, if I mislead you in anyway, but you were the one who kissed me and I really never liked you in anyway. I already have someone I’m waiting for, someone I like already.” His eyes were still stuck on Tiffany as he said those words. He could see that Tiffany is suffering from the scene in front of her right now. She used all her strength to hold her tears back.

“What? Luhan, who could that girl be? Is it her?” Lin pointed to Jessica, but only to earn a scoff from Jessica.

“Me? Well I can’t say that I’m not good enough for him… but sorry it’s not me.” Jessica told her.

“Then who is it! Tell me!” She is beginning to get out of control.

“Who are you to be screaming around on the grounds of my school?” Jessica asked her.

“Who are you to be talking to me like this?” she walked up to Jessica.

“Girls tell her.” Jessica pointed to the crowd around.

“Jessica unnie is the daughter of the corporation who owns this school and many other educational institutions and food chains in South Korea.” One of Luhan’s fangirl told her.

“So what? Just because you are the owner of this school doesn’t mean that Luhan is yours. He’s not even married to you. He can break up with you and then he can come to me.” She arrogantly told them as she linked her arms onto Luhan.

“Luhan and I are nothing but friends… but seeing you on my grounds with this attitude of yours is not making me very happy at the moment. And as Luhan said, he has someone he already likes. So please keep your hands to yourself before I tell them to kick you out.” Jessica walked over to fling her arms off of Luhan for Tiffany.

“Luhan-ah…” The girl whined. “Who is this girl that you like, how can she be better than me?”

But Luhan didn’t say anything to her. He still stood on the spot looking at the broken Tiffany. Although Tiffany hasn’t said anything throughout the fight, he knew that she is suffering severely as he can see her fists clenched and her eyes reddening. His heart hurt at the seeing her like this.

“Luhan-ah.” She continued to whine. “Who is the girl? Don’t tell me it’s her.” She is still referring to Jessica.

“Wow this girl is really annoying…” the fangirls behind began saying. “Even Tiffany is better than her. I rather see Luhan oppa with Tiffany instead.” The girls said aloud for them to hear.

And upon hearing their comment, Luhan let out a smile. Because he now knows that the girls have let go of their hatred against her.

“Yes, now can you guys please not go after our Tiffany anymore.” Jessica said.

“Of course unnie, we have other things to do now.” And all of their targets immediately changed to Lin.

“Tiffany, aren’t you going to say anything about all of this?” Jessica nudged her best friend, who is still trying to sort out her unknown feelings of hatred at the moment.

Tiffany could feel her heart raveling up for an unknown reason. Her eyes didn’t dare to meet Luhan’s. She kept her head down the entire time she was standing next to Jessica listening to the whole situation. And when Luhan said that he already has someone he likes. Her heart started to hurt even more. “He has someone he likes already… and it’s not me… but why is my heart hurting so bad, why are my tears threatening to fall? Why am I feeling this way?” Tiffany thought to herself.

“It’s time for class. Let’s get going.” She told Jessica.

“Tiffany! Are you just going to leave like this? Are you not going to say anything to Luhan? And to this girl right here?” Jessica spazzed.

“I have nothing to say to them… I don’t even know Luhan that well, he has nothing to do with me.” Tiffany turned to head for class. “If you’re not going to go to class, then I better get going first. I don’t like being late to class.” Tiffany exhaled a breath before walking into the school as if this all hadn’t affected her at all.

----

Tiffany finally got herself out of the drama and into the classroom where is was empty because everyone was still outside surrounding the drama.

“What are you doing here alone?” Tiffany turned around to see the one person she thought she’d never see again.

“Wwwhat are you doing here? Am I dreaming?” Tiffany asked.

“Silly girl… I came here for school. And trust me you’re not dreaming… it’s me…”