Chapter 3

A Destiny Met To Be

 

Tiffany POV

“I hope you all can hand me a 1000 word essay on this topic by next week. Have a good day class.” The teacher finally bid her farewell for the day indicating that class is finally over.

“What are you doing afterschool today?” I hear his voice again. Why can’t it stop? But I still do not answer him all I do is stare at Jessica who is thankfully walking my way.

“She is hanging with me afterschool like we use to do.” Jessica informed him.

“Oh okay, well then have fun and see you tomorrow.” He happily smiled and walked his way out of the classroom.

“Thank god I have you. You know what I’m thinking 24/7 and I just love it.” I gave her a big hug and we both walked out of the classroom.

As we were walking out the school doors Jessica asks me, “Want to go to the café down the street to get a cake and a smoothie? I love the smoothies there.” And I simply gave her a nod and a smile indicating to her, sure.

“Miss, Master and Madam are at home waiting for you to go home.” My eyes widen as I see my butler and driver a few meters away from the school front doors waiting for me. I do not like being recognized as the daughter of the businessman who owns T.T.H Electronics. I want to live like a normal person and find friends who truly like me for who I am. And also maybe a guy who doesn’t care for who I am or how much money my family can provide.

“Shhh…” I told them to quiet down so that others are not capable of hearing our conversation. “Didn’t I tell you guys to now come too close to the school?” I scolded, and it’s not that I like to scold them. It is just frustrating to have others finding out of who I really am.

“Sorry Miss, but master and madam told us to bring you back immediately.” I can see that he is sorry for making me so upset so I nodded to him.

“Tiffany!” I hear the Jessica beside me suddenly yell. “Do you want a ride back home? Let me give you a ride.” Now I know why, it is because she wants to help me. She wants to let others think that it is her car and not mine, which is believable because her parents are also well known in the business world.

“Thanks Jess, I’d love that.” I simply tell her.

“Let’s go.” She dragged me into the car.

While we were on our way to my house I thanked her for helping me. “Thanks you.”

“Hey, do you really have to say that? We’ve been friends since…” She slightly paused, “Forever.” And a big smile came out from her.

“Miss Jung, do you need us to drop you off anywhere?” My butler asked.

“No, she is coming home with me.” I tell him. There have never been any secrets between us and there never will be. So no matter what the reason is that my parents want me to go home for, she can know about it too.

As soon as we reached home, I step into the house seeing my mother and father nervously waiting for me in the waiting room by the door, which is strange because even when they are usually home they would be in the family where they’d be watching T.V.

“Mommy, Daddy, what is so important that you want me to be home immediately?” I asked them with Jessica standing beside me.

“Well…” My mom paused for a bit stuttering and nervously not knowing how to say what she has to say. “Well, you see…”

“I’ll tell her.” My dad opened up. “Well, you see…” He too is nervous and jiffy on his words.

“What is happening? Can some please tell me?” I have lost it. This nervous atmosphere tells me that this is not good news.

“Calm down Fany-ah, I’m sure that Mom and Dad has something that is not easy to say.” Ever since Jessica has been my friend we treat each other a family she has always been calling my parents as if they were her own parents and my parents would also treat her as a daughter of their own.

“Well, you see…” my father starts again with the very same line. “This started three years ago when we wanted to expand our company…” he took a slight pause. “And we sort of made a pact saying that to become stronger partners than any other can have, we-“

“Oh no!” Jessica butted in. “Dad, don’t tell me that what you are about to say, is actually what I am thinking of at this moment.” Jessica turned to my dad.

“Well… I may be something along the lines of what you might be thinking of.” My dad slowly told her.

“What is it?” I pronounced.

“It’s an arranged marriage?” Jessica sheepishly slipped through her teeth.

“A WHAT?!” I screamed on top of my lungs to get a full understanding of what she had just told me.

“I’m afraid so…” my mom nodded.

“NO! NO! AND NO!” I scream. “I’m not going to do it.”

“Baby, this is for us, for our family, for our company and all of those who work for us. It’s to ensure that we have stores in all of the largest malls in the country.” My dad explained.

“Fany-ah, I’m sure that Mom and Dad didn’t do this to hurt you or to get rid of you, I’m sure that they don’t want this as much as you do. Why do you think that they kept you for themselves for the past three years.” Jessica spoke up.

“I don’t care. This is totally unfair. I just want to live my life as a normal teenager with the love of her parents and find a guy who loves me for who I truly am and not for my money.” I stomped my feet and turned to walk towards my room.

“Fany-ah!” I hear Jessica calling for me, but I don’t care I just need some time to digest all of this unwanted information.

I can’t believe that my parents would do this to me. I can’t believe that those three years were a sign of telling me that I’d be leaving them. What am I going to do?