Chapter 2

A Destiny Met To Be

 

Tiffany's POV

I entered the classroom with one hand covering my cheek. It hurt and I can still feel the burning sensation. I still cannot recover from what had just happened. It all came too suddenly.

“Fany-ah… Fany-ah…” I suddenly hear a faded voice calling for me. It is the girls.

“Hmm?” I softly faced the girls.

“We’re so sorry for this to happen to you on your first day back to school.” Jessica told me, and the rest of them nodded behind. “We should have warned you about the crazy fan girls going around in the school.” She continues. “They all are really overprotective of Luhan. He is the son of the businessman who owns most of our largest malls. They think that he is the most eligible bachelor in our school, so they are all going after him, and not to mention that he is single and very good looking.” Jessica added.

“And so, because I fell on top of him they just think that I’m trying to seduce him or something?” I questioned.

“Well… you know how girls are when they have to get what they want… They have to do anything to get it.” Yoona told me.

“Well I’m innocent…” I pouted. I really need some time to digest what this school is all about. It has just been too long.

“Alright class!” I hear a voice hollering into the classroom. Assuming that it’s the teacher I remain quiet in my seat as the girls all scramble to find their own. “I would like to introduce to you all to a new classmate.” I hear the girls cheering loudly around me but then the rest of these unfamiliar classmates could care less of me. “Her name is Tiffany.” The teacher finally announced. And now these haters of mine now know my name. “Tiffany, why don’t you sit beside Luhan?” My eyes naturally widen as soon as she said his name. Did I just hear it right? She told me to sit next to this famous kid that I might get killed for if I sit next to him. “The seat you are sitting in right now is already taken by Kris.” I gulped and took in a deep breath as I hesitated to move out of this seat.

I can hear Jessica beside me whispering. “Fighting!” because she knows that I would have a fear of the guy after what had happen.

I then turn around to see a bunch of random girls glaring at me with the eyes of a devil. “What am I going to do?” I nervously whispered under my breath, and I dare not to even look once at him, knowing that if I do. I could get kill at any time.

“I’m really sorry about before. I didn’t think that they would behave like this.” I hear him whispering to me as the teacher has already begun her lessons. “I’m Luhan by the way. It’s nice to meet you.” He also whispered. I didn’t answer him nor did I respond to him in anyway. Is enjoying a peaceful first day at school that hard to achieve?

I am currently sitting in my unappreciated seat trying to listen to the teacher ramble on about organic chemicals that I have absolutely no interest in what so ever. As well as the fact that I can literally feel the girls behind me deadly staring at the back of my head as if they want to burn a hold through it as an attempt to kill me. And this utmost famous guy next to me is literally pushing me closer to the Hell Gate if he continues to whisper random facts into my ears.

Lunch is approaching fast… I just need to hang on for 20 more minutes, but these 20 minutes right now feel like 20 hours. Breathe… Fany-ah… Breathe, I tell myself. I really need to focus and listen, I need to do good for my parents, but then again, I also need to survive to do good for them. What am I going to do? It’s almost lunch and then everyone who be free – to kill me.

Tiffany!” I hear a screeching loud noise beaming through my ears, causing me to snap out of my thoughts.

“Huh?” I looked up to see Jessica with both of her hands on her hips angrily staring down at me.

“It’s lunch now.” She then suddenly gave me a sweet smile. She is a bit bipolar just bear with it.

“Everyone wants to kill me right? I know it. They were staring at me as if they wanted to kill me with their eyes.” I whispered to Jessica.

“Chill out girl, no one would ever want to kill you. They all know you belong with us.” Jessica then dragged me out with her to the cafeteria where the girls have already order our lunch.

“Fany-ah, we bought all of you favorite. Eat up!” Sooyoung screeched at all of the food in front of her.

“I’m so lucky to have you all as friends. I really regret not taking school with you guys for the past 3 years.” I almost cried from their warm welcome, and to help me quickly getting adapted to the school life again.

“We all love you and you know it. No matter where you go or what you do we support you 100%.” Taeyeon spoke up.

“Stop with the mush already let’s dig in!” Yuri hungrily went for the food.

Just then as I was about to happily dig into the food I see Luhan and a bunch of guys walk by heading for a table a couple meters away, I suddenly do not feel like eating anymore.

One of the guys suddenly turns back heading into our direction again. He then sits down next to Jessica with his arms around her. “Hey Jess, Who is the pretty girl over here? I don’t recall seeing her before.”

“Suho? Can you please keep your hands to yourself? You know that-“

“I know… I know… You like-“ but before he could continue Jessica had stuffed a kimbap into his mouth.

“Oh and this is Tiffany by the way. She is almost like a sister to me so please treat her nicely.” Jessica told him. “And Tiffany, this is the almighty Suho, he’ll try his best to protect all of the pretty girls around him. But of course his dirty hands also come into play.” Jessica joked.

“Okay alright, I’ll try to stop with the hands… but it’s only natural for these hands to sneak around things that are pretty. Look at how gorgeous you all got after the break.”  He may be a little flirty but I think that it’s quite cute. It’s just his way of communicating… I guess… “See look… Tiffany here understands. She’s even smiling to me.” He suddenly comes over to me and starts with the arms again. “So Tiffany, what do you think of our school? Having fun?” He has a nice smile.

“Ummm…” I began to stutter, I’m starting to get nervous with this close proximity between us. “Well aside from the accident this morning, I’m doing alright.” I tell him.

“Awe… what accident babe? Let oppa help you deal with it.”

“Uhh… No, I…. ahhh” Oh my gosh I just can’t stop stuttering. I quickly turned to Jessica for help.

“Well you see this morning she sort of bumped into Luhan, and kind of fell on top of him in the hall before class started.” Jessica explained.

“Uh oh, did they scream at you? Did they pull your hair? Or wait baby, they slapped you didn’t they?” Suho slightly caressed my slightly swollen cheek. And without Jessica even having to tell him he already knows that those girls are crazy. “Who was it? I’ll deal with them for you.” He was about to get up but I pulled him back down again.

“Oppa, I’m fine just let it past. I don’t want something little to get worst that it already is.” I softly told him. Peace is best at the moment right now.

“Oppa?” He beamed a bright smile at me. “Did you just call me oppa? I like that. Call me that from now on.” I can feel my cheeks warming up. It just suddenly slipped out of my mouth without knowing. I don’t know why, but I like the way he wanted to protect me from all those crazy girls.

“Ummm… Here Suho eat this.” I stuffed a kimbap into his mouth.

And just as we all were happily giggling and laughing and having fun. At the corner of my eyes I see him walking closer and closer to us. I still dare not to look, stiff in my place I had my head down waiting for him to pass. But the shadow is still lingering at the corner of my eye.

“Suho, we’re heading to the court to play basketball want to join?” I hear his voice.

“Nah, I’m gonna spend some time with my girls’ right here.” Although he said girls’ I could feel his hand pointing to me. A part of me wanted to smile, but a part of me is still stiff because he is still here.

“Okay alright.” I let out a deep breath as soon as he left. I feel free again.

“Babe, you need to eat more… look at how skinny you are.” He suddenly fed me a spoon of the bibimbap that Sooyoung had been hogging the whole time.

“I don’t feel like eating right now.” I told him.

“Ahhh…” He kept trying to get me to eat. “Open up...”

So I took the bite just that he’ll stop forcing me to eat.

“Suho, can you please stop bothering our Tiffany. She’s tired from the tough day, give her a break so that she can at least make it through the last 2 periods.” Jessica attempted to save me.

“Correction, she is now my Tiffany… and with me here it is all she will need to get through the day with.”

I’m starting to get the feeling that this is going to be a tough year to get past.