Chapter 12

A Destiny Met To Be

“Silly girl… I came here for school. And trust me you’re not dreaming… it’s me…”

“Lay… Why are you here in Korea?” The tears that Tiffany has been holding back finally made its way sliding down her cheeks. It’s been a long while since she’s seen this friend of hers.

“Are you that happy to see me?” He walked up to her and wiped her tears off for her. “Baby girl, calm down… I’ll always be here when you need me.” He pulled her in for a hug.

Tiffany buried her head in his shoulder, she finally felt relieved for a bit after crying out on his shoulder. But yet she still didn’t know why she’s crying, the tears just made its way to her without her permission.

“Fany-ah!” Jessica came running into the room worried about Tiffany, but she made a quick yield at the sight in front of her. “Who is this guy?” Jessica marched up to them separating the two.

“Class is starting! Get into your seats!” The professor walked in to only see the three standing in the middle of the room.

“Class is not starting today. You get out.” Jessica was pissed. She needed to get everything straight before anything gets any more complicated.

The prof sensed the tense atmosphere in the room and backed off for Jessica to get things straight. Of course this is not the way the piss off the owners daughter and lose your job.

“LUHAN! GET YOUR IN HERE RIGHT NOW!” Jessica hollered out the hall. And Luhan appeared within seconds in to the room seeing Tiffany in tears and a guy next to her who seems to be very concerned about Tiffany.

“What is happening? Tiffany…” Luhan walked into the room.

“People out here should be getting to class. If you are in the class then consider it a free time for all of you to get your homework done or to study for other classes. And if I hear another word about what is happening or what had happen out at the front then you’ll get kicked out of this school.” And with that Jessica closed the door and locked it on those who were looking.

“Tiffany… I’m sorry. I know that I just promised you this morning that I’ll make things better for you… but I really didn’t know that Lin would do that. She was just friend that I met a couple years back. Please believe me…” Luhan explained, but Tiffany just stood there not giving a single reaction to him.

“Luhan calm down. Give her some time to think.” Jessica told him. “This guy on the other hand… Who are you? And what are you doing with our Tiffany?” Jessica fierce gaze landed on Lay.

“Yeah… who is he?” Luhan turned around to get a clearer look at the guy who seems to know his wife.

“Tiffany and I met in China when she was on her vacation last year.” Lay explained. “When I came in to see her, she looked really sad so I was just comforting her.” He explained further.

“Fany-ah?” Jessica asked for a confirmation, and Tiffany nodded. “So you guys don’t have a past right?” Jessica asked, but both of them didn’t reply. “Tiffany Hwang! Answer me now!” Jessica’s anger isn’t something Tiffany wants to mess with right now.

“No… we didn’t get to the point of becoming boyfriend and girlfriend.” Tiffany told her.

“Ok… then let it stay this way. Okay, now you.” Jessica pointed to Lay. “Your job here is done. You can go now.” Jessica walked over to the door and opened it for him to leave.

“Tiffany… will you be okay here?” Lay looked at Tiffany with a concerned look.

“Leave.” Jessica pushed Lay out of the room and locked the door. “Okay now…” Jessica turned her attention to Luhan. “You and that girl are just friends right?”

“Yes, just friends and nothing more.” Luhan explained. “I swear that I don’t like her and that I never will.”

“Then what about that kiss she mentioned?” Jessica continued her questioning.

“It was as simple as a goodbye kiss that she gave me on the cheek. I really didn’t do anything to her.” Luhan lifted of his arms up in surrender.

“See Fany-ah, there is nothing to worry about. I’m sure that Luhan is not that kind of guy. Plus you also have a couple of guys around too. You can’t put all the blame on him. He can get jealous too.” Jessica attempted to comfort her.

“I never said that I was jealous. This guy and I have nothing to do with each other.” Tiffany pointed to Luhan.

“When did our soft hearted Tiffany become so stubborn?” Jessica shook her head upon her friend’s childish behavior. “Come on Tiffany. You know that you’re going to have to open up to him one day. You two are married. You’ll be with him for the rest of your life. You guys are going to have many problems in your life that you guys will have to face. I’m sure that you guys will do your best to make it work, but I want you to know that I’ll always be here to help you.” Jessica said.

“Thank you Jessica.” Luhan thanked. “We are doing our best and it’s all thanks to you.” He teased.

“Come on Fany-ah, learn to open your heart and look at the good side of this poor boy.” Jessica whined.

“Poor boy? Really? He is the one not wanting to go home. He is the one leaving his family in my care. Even the homework assignment, he didn’t come on last night to work on it with me.” Tiffany began to argue.

“You haven’t been home? Are you out with those guys and leaving your wife at home to take care of your family.” Jessica slapped Luhan on the arm.

“Well I just thought that Tiffany didn’t like seeing me so I did my best to stay away from her. If not seeing me makes her happy then I’d be glad to be sleeping outside every night. It not being able to be sleeping on your own bed.” Luhan pouted. “And the homework… I was the one who carried you to bed last night while I stayed up to finish it. You even acknowledged it this morning when you thanked me.” Luhan fought back.

“Well, I don’t feel like acknowledging you anymore. You just pissed me off.”  Tiffany sat down in her seat sulking at this morning’s unfortunate events.

“Thank you Tiffany. Thank you for being pissed off at me because it at least means you are thinking about me. Whether it is in a good way or a bad way, being pissed off at me is better than not having any emotions for me.” Luhan’s smile finally came alive.

“I’m glad that you guys worked things out.” Jessica rolled her eyes at the couple’s childish ways. “Just make sure you take care of your wife more and stop leaving her home alone.” Jessica advised.

“I’m never leaving her alone again. If I keep leaving her alone she’ll probably be suspecting me having a mistress or something of the sort in the near future. I wouldn’t want my wife being jealous all the time now would I?” He teased.

“Shut up and get the class starting… I’m done arguing with you two.” Tiffany rolled her eyes and opened a book and pretended to read it.

“Class can now resume!” Jessica yelled out the hallway, because she knew that the kids would all sit around to gossip about what is happening.

Then all eyes went to Lay… the new kid, and what his possible relationship with Tiffany would be. While Lay had the same question going through his mind, about what Tiffany and Luhan’s relationship may be.

“Tiffany, are you alright?” Lay walked up to her and asked.

“She’s fine, but thanks for the concern.” Luhan tried to block off any contact he is trying to have with her.

“I was asking her.”

“And I’m answering for her.”

“Stop it.” Tiffany had her head hung low to hide from the fangirls who were entering the classroom, while she tried her best to not have any contact with Luhan when she tried to stop him from arguing with Lay.

“It’s okay… Didn’t you hear what they said before?  They’d prefer you over Lin any day remember? See I knew it you’re lovable in all ways.” Luhan smiled at Tiffany’s cute behavior.

----

When lunch rolled around Tiffany as always ran out of the room faster than everyone. You can call it a habit but it could also be called fear. She’s scared of accepting something that might not be hers because she’s afraid of losing it.

“You really think that you can run away from me that fast?” Luhan suddenly appeared next to her while she was switching her books at her locker.

“Oh my god! You scared me.” Tiffany hissed. “What do you think you’re doing? What if others see us together?” She whispered to him while pretending that she not talking to him.

“So then let them see… I don’t think it’s wrong for us to talk to each other or look at each other.” Luhan bravely told her. “We are married and we will be together forever. We are going to have get used to each other someday right? And if you are not going to break the barrier then I will… with all the force that I have. I am going to make you fall for me.” Luhan whispered to her causing her eyes to widen to its max.

“Don’t you dare do anything stupid. You know what I told you when I agreed to marry you.” Tiffany hissed.

“I know that you don’t like being in the center of attention, but to me you are more than just being in the center of attention you are the center of my world, the core that holds me together. From the moment you landed on me at this very spot, I knew you were the one.” He confessed.

“Shut up… do you want the whole school to hear?” Tiffany walked away pissed off.

----

“Jessica!” Tiffany slightly shouted as she walked up to the table where the gang was at. “Why are you putting me in such a difficult position?” Tiffany whined as she sat down at the table.

“What happened this morning? I heard from a few girls that you guys stopped the class?” Sunny barged in.

“Did you know that our Tiffany here has about 3 guys liking her right now? Not to mention the ones that we don’t know about, but there are definitely 3 who are fighting for the official spot.” Jessica told them.

“Three? Who?” Taeyeon asked.

“Well-,” but unfortunately Jessica was being cut off by a certain someone.

“What are you ladies talking about? Does it have something to do with me?” Suho barged into the crowd and found his spot next to Tiffany and slid his arm around her shoulders.

“Yah! What are you doing here beside our Tiffany? Get your hands off of her.” Jessica slapped his arm, but it didn’t barge.

“Oh! Is one of them Suho?” Seohyun asked.

“This is the one that is not needed to be making note of because he will never be able to get the spot.” Jessica used all of her force and pushed Suho out of his seat and she sat down in it.

“You know there is another seat next to my Tiffany.” Suho said as he got up from the ground, but just as he was about to reach out for the seat someone had already beat him to it.

“Here, eat this.” Luhan put in front of her a box of sushi.

“Oh my god! Luhan is number two.” Sooyoung’s eyes widen at the sight.

“I’m number one.” Luhan told them. “Forever and always. Eat up.” He smiled to the stunned Tiffany next to him.

“Get away from me and I don’t feel like eating.” She hissed as she pushed the food in front of her out of the way.

“You have to eat. You didn’t have breakfast this morning so I bought you your favorite.” Luhan put her food in front of her again.

“Omo, look at the cute couple.” Jessica awed.

“Jessica shut up!” Tiffany hissed again.

“Just eat up and I’m sure that she’ll shut up right?” Luhan persuade.

“Yes, if you eat this all up then I’ll shut up.” Tiffany knew that Jessica was on Luhan’s side for sure.

“Fine.” and eventually gave in.

“Luhan, what are you doing with my Tiffany.” Suho asked after he watched his actions towards Tiffany.

“I’m making my Tiffany eat. Can’t you see with your own eyes? Why don’t you just go and fight with Jessica. I know that you secretly like her right? You’re only fighting with her because you want her attention.” Luhan busted his best friend right in front of Jessica just to get his Tiffany back.

“What?!” Jessica and Suho both said at the same time.

“That is totally a lie dude. I never said that I liked her. Look at her evil intentions of getting close to Kris and now she is trying break up me and Tiffany.” Suho argued.

“Ewww if he really liked me then he’d be kick out of this school in seconds. Although it is hard not to like me. I’m rich and pretty and hot.” Jessica boosted her ego to its max.

And as the two of them continued to fight everyone else got back to eating their food.

“Come on eat. I know that you love sushi so I ordered it just for you.” Luhan opened the box for her and got a pair of chopsticks ready for her.

“Fine.” Tiffany finally gave in as soon as the he opened the box and the aroma of the food got into her nose.

“That a girl. Eat up. I don’t want to see any of it left.” Luhan’s cheeks went flying up as soon as he saw Tiffany eating.

After a while Tiffany finally finished all of the food in front of her.

“Thank you.” Luhan said to her, causing her to look at him with a confused look. “Thank you for eating all the food. It hurts me to think that you’re not eating because of me.” He gave her a warm smile, and she had finally smiled back to him.

But just as the warm scene started, Lay walked up to the two. “Tiffany can I talk to you for a minute?” he asked. “Privately?”

“You can talk to her, but not privately.” Luhan told him.

“Excuse me?” He felt offended by Luhan’s behavior.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t think that I can allow you to talk to her privately.” Luhan repeated himself but this time with a slight manner, because he knew that Tiffany didn’t like it when he gets over board.

“Jessica get a hold of him while I talk to Lay.” Tiffany got out of her seat and away from Luhan who just stared at her.

“Luhan, let them talk. I’m sure Tiffany knows what she’s doing.” Jessica sat down in the seat Tiffany sat in before and comforted Luhan who seems a bit uneasy seeing his wife speaking with another guy.

----

After walking out of the school and to a near field at the back, Tiffany finally turned to face Lay.

“What is it that you want to talk to me about?” Tiffany held up a smile for her long-time no see friend.

“Ummm…” He hesitated to asked while he was looking at the green grass he is standing on and kicking at a rock that appeared near him. “Well…”

“Lay… look at me.” Tiffany told him and he did as told. “Now tell me what is it that you want to know?” Tiffany has been preparing all lunch for Lay to come up to her and ask her questions about Luhan.

“Whhhat is your relationship with that guy?” He stuttered and dared not to look Tiffany in the eyes scared that he’d get an answer he did want to hear.

“Luhan?” he nodded. “He is…” Tiffany took in a deep breath before searching her brain for an answer. “He is…” Tiffany didn’t think that it would be this hard to give him answer.