Chapter 13

A Destiny Met To Be

“Whhhat is your relationship with that guy?” He stuttered and dared not to look Tiffany in the eyes scared that he’d get an answer he did want to hear.

“Luhan?” he nodded. “He is…” Tiffany took in a deep breath before searching her brain for an answer. “He is…” Tiffany didn’t think that it would be this hard to give him an answer.

After taking another deep breath and quickly scanning her brain for a proper way to do this. She knew that she couldn’t lie to him. Lay was a very, very good friend that she couldn’t bear to lie to. She has to let him know sooner than later. This way she wouldn’t hurt him. And so instead of following her brain, Tiffany followed her heart. “He is… the rest of my life.” She took the courage to open her eyes to look at his reaction.

“So… you like him…” Lay asked after a slight pause due to the surprised answer he got from Tiffany.

“Yeah.” Tiffany automatically let out, causing Tiffany to also be surprised by her own answer. She can feel her heart beating rapidly just thinking about it.

“So, you really like him?” Lay asked again for a confirmation, this time looking in her eyes to see if she’s actually telling him the truth.

Tiffany also asked herself the same question to confirm it with herself before answering Lay this time. And… “Yes… I think that I’m really starting to acknowledge him as a part of my life.” Tiffany told him.

An answer he really didn’t want to hear, appeared. He froze on the spot hoping for time to stop and then rewind back to when they had met in China.

He had been studying Korean for 6 months before his parents told him that they needed to meet one of their minor partners for a project that his father had been working for the company in preparation for expanding to Korea. And at that dinner he met Tiffany, a girl with the most beautiful smile. She had captured his heart on the spot. It took Lay a lot of courage to start talking to her. With the urge of his father and her mother they started a conversation that night getting to know each other.

And after that night they exchanged numbers and met every day afterwards for when Tiffany was still in China. He showed her all of the sightseeing hotspots. He introduced her to the Chinese culture. He worked hard on his Korean every night just to have more fluent conversations with Tiffany. And as he counted down the days before she left he told himself that he needed to confess to her before someone else snatches her away.

But on the very last day when Tiffany had to leave he was hospitalized for exhaustion because of not having enough sleep due to hanging out with her and studying all night. When he woke up in the hospital it was already the next day. Tiffany had already left.

“Tiffany… Can I ask you another question?” and Tiffany gave him a slight nod. “If he didn’t come up in your life, then would you ever consider me?” He looked at her waiting for her to answer.

“Yes…”  was the simple answer he had been waiting for, for the past year. It’s just too bad that the question isn’t the right one.

“Thank you baby girl, that is all I needed to know. Thank you for allowing me to spend your vacation in China with me. Thank you for giving me the memories I’ll never forget.” And with that he walked off further out into the field leaving Tiffany to break over his words.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered before breaking down in tears.

“Fany-ah…” Jessica ran over to the crying Tiffany. “Shhh… It’s alright.” She comforted.

“Jessica… I feel so bad.” Tiffany sobbed into Jessica’s shoulders.

“I know… I know… but you can’t deny the fact that your heart has already made its way to Luhan.  You may have had feelings for Lay, but things change and your heart changed. And he just needs some time to adjust to it.” Jessica held onto Tiffany tighter while she cried.

----

After a long, exhausting day at school Tiffany finally made it home.

“It took you long enough.” A familiar voice startled Tiffany, and quickly searching for the voice. She saw Luhan standing at the top of the stairwell smiling at her.

“How did you get home before me?” Tiffany clearly remembered dashing out of the classroom before him.

“Did you forget that I have a car?” Luhan reminded her.

“Oh right… You have a car while I have to walk two blocks to meet up with the driver.” She sulked.

“Well you are the one who isn’t willing for anyone to know who you really are Miss. daughter of the owner who owns T.T.H Electronics. And also the wife of the great and handsome Luhan. Babe, you brought this upon yourself.” Luhan sat down beside her on the couch.

“I just like being normal. Is it really that hard?” She cutely pouted at the thought of all the hard work she has to do to achieve her wanted life.

“But you, from the very beginning are not normal. You got to marry me, the guy which every girl is hoping for. You were born into a well-known family and you’re too pretty to be normal, babe.” Luhan told her.

“Ewww… Sweet talk.” Tiffany rolled her eyes before heading up the stairs to their bedroom.

“Where are you going?” Luhan laughed while watching her leave the couch.

“I’m going to chang…” but suddenly a loud pounding knock came at the door. “What is that?” Tiffany shivered at the scary noise.

“Calm down and let me check.” Luhan calmly walked over to the door and peeked through the window.

“Luhan!!! Open this damn door!!!” The group of noisy boys started banging and yelling through the door.

“Don’t tell me…” Tiffany eyes widen at the thought of having his nosy friends knowing about them. “NO!” She suddenly shouted.

“I know that you don’t want anyone to know. Calm down and stay in the room. I’ll deal with them and tell them to leave as soon as possible.” Luhan signaled her to hurry and hide.

And after seeing her completely out of his sight he opened the door to see his buddies piling into his house.

“What are you guys doing here?” Luhan annoyingly asked.

“We wanted to hang out, but you suddenly left the school early today.” Chen and the rest made themselves comfortable as if it was their own house.

“Well, I left early for a reason and that reason is because I don’t want to hang out with you guys now will you all leave?” Luhan groaned.

“What impossible… you were just begging us to hangout with you these past few day. And now that we are all here you are kicking us out?” Xiumin asked.

“Yes… now get out? I’m busy.” Luhan opened the door for them to tell them to go, but unexpectedly the worst couldn’t get any worst… Tiffany’s parents came through the door looking at him with wide smiles.

“Luhan!” The happily greeted their son-in-law.

“Hello.” Luhan quickly greeted them with a bow.

“We are here for dinner.” Mrs. Hwang told him.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that… I’ll get my friends to leave as soon as possible.” Luhan told the maid to lead them into the family room while he would be dealing with his friends.

“Guys you really have to leave now… We’re having dinner with important people and you noisy, nosy guys can’t be here.” Luhan pushed them out one by one telling them to leave.

“Oh my god… What happened to our Luhan? He never liked these kinds of dinners. The world is changing…” they all cried at the horrifying change of their beloved friend.

“Oh my god… are you hiding something from us?” Chen suspected.

“Oh my god, are you hiding a girl?” Chanyeol widened those huge eyes of his and began scanning the room for evidence of a presence of a girl. Then he spotted a pair of hot pink heels at the doorway splattered on the floor. “Look guys, a pair of heels.” He pointed to them.

“Where have I seen these before? They look really familiar. I think I saw them somewhere today.” Suho raked his brain for more clues of where he’d seen them before.

Luhan started to panic and cursed in his head at Tiffany who didn’t put her shoes away properly.

“They must be my moms. I’ll get someone to clean those up in a second. I just need you to leave right now.” Luhan shoved his friends a little harder this time to get them all to leave.

After they all got out, he closed the door shut and locked it in case they kept running back in. He then lowered all the blinds that were near the front entrance so that they couldn’t peek in through the window.

“Is it safe now?” Tiffany slightly peeked through the top of the staircase after hearing the noise had died down.

“Yeah, it should be safe now…” Luhan release a heavy sigh at the relive of seeing his friends finally leaving. “Oh your parents are also here. They said that they are here for dinner.” Luhan informed her.

“Really?!” The expressions on Tiffany’s face brightened and immediately she flew down the stairs to find her parents.

Luhan smiled at the sight of his wife, it also made him happy seeing Tiffany happy. It seems as if he hadn’t seen her smile before.

“Mommy! Daddy!” Tiffany happily ran towards them giving them each a big teddy bear hug.

“My baby, how are you doing? Have you caused your in-laws any trouble?” Mr. Hwang teased his daughter.

“Daddy! Of course not.” Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows at her father’s comment.

“Alright, I’m sorry. I just missed teasing you.” Her father apologized.

“I missed you too.” Tiffany smile quickly turned upside down at just the thought of it.

“I’m sorry baby, if I knew that you missed them this much I’d bring you back sooner.” Luhan sneaked his arms around her from behind giving her a back hug. As well as giving her a surprise of shock.

“Honey look at how sweet these love birds are.” Mrs. Hwang gushed.

“Baby, here I found your phone ringing madly in our room. It’s probably Jessica.” Luhan handed Tiffany her phone without letting her go.

“Tiffany!” They all suddenly heard coming in from the doorway.

“Speaking of the devil, it looks like she’s found herself pretty comfortable walking through our house now.” Luhan whispered to Tiffany.

“Stop it, she’s my best friend.” Tiffany wiggled out of Luhan’s embrace to get to Jessica.

“Tiffany!” Jessica yelled once again as soon as she saw Tiffany in front of her. “I called you 20 times and you didn’t pick up your phone! You know you had me worried!”

“I’m sorry Sica… I didn’t know you called me 20 times because it only indicates you called me 5 times here.” Tiffany held up her phone for Jessica to see.

“Okay, so I exaggerated but you still had me worried.” Jessica told her.

“So tell me why you’re looking for me.” Tiffany asked her. “And I know that its not because you worry of me.” She just knew her best friend too well.

“Tiffany…” Jessica began with whining. “You have to do something about this horrible husband of yours. You have to help me take revenge on him for what he said this afternoon.”

“I thought you were on his side? Now you’re asking me to help you get revenge on him.” Tiffany raised her eyebrow while shaking her head at her friends childish behaviours.

“Well, I still am… but still he said that ewww so gross thing that makes me absolutely uncomfortable and gross.”

“Why what did he say honey?” Mrs. Hwang started to become concerned after listening to their conversation.

“Mom, I just told her that a friend of mine, Suho, likes her.” Luhan explained to them.

“Well that’s great honey, is the guy handsome and most importantly does he have nice manners?” Mrs. Hwang asked.

“Ewww, Ewww, Ewww, Mom! That’s just gross. He is not handsome and totally does not have nice manners. All he does all day is hit on girls.” Jessica shrieked.

“Aww, look at our Jessica here all jealous and everything. I’m sure that that guy is going to be great for our Jessica.” Mrs. Hwang gushed.

“No, no, no, no! Mom, I already told you that I don’t like him. I like someone else.” Jessica told them.

“There’s some else?” Mrs. Hwang asked.

“Yeah, his name is Kris and gosh he is so good looking. He also has this very low y voice that any girl would fall for.” Jessica’s face glowed at just the thought of him.

“Oh my god, here we go again.” Luhan rolled his eyes. “Mom, Dad, sit. Let me tell you guys the real thing.” And obeyed and listened. “Let me tell you that Suho likes Jessica and is only hitting on girls that are around her to get her to notice him and try to make her jealous. Jessica is only liking Kris because he is one of the most decent looking guy in our group to make Suho jealous. And why they both are like that when they both clearly like each other is because it’s clearly that they both are too alike and too stubborn to admit to their own true feelings.”

“And how do you know this?” Tiffany asked.

“Simple, I’m just smart.” Luhan grinned, while Tiffany scoffed at him.

“No, it’s not true don’t listen to him.” And for the rest of the night and even during dinner all you could hear was arguing and Jessica’s denials.