Chapter 22: Tears

Cursed Love
Sunny's P.O.V
Yoong...we have always been protective of her ever since that I could remember.
 
'She's our baby sister and we would do anything to keep her from harm's way.' It's our promise to each other, our vow and it means a lot, to each of us and as there oldest sister, I also vowed to protect my sisters. Out of us four, we all know Yoong is the most fragile one. 
 
She's as fragile as a glass. 
 
Too fragile to be easily shattered and yet too complicated to be mend back together again as some of the glass pieces has disappeared. 
 
Once she has shattered to a million pieces of shining materials, it can be very painful to pick up the pieces as the once smooth surface of the glass has turned rough and sharp as it can cut our flesh and let our own blood paint our skin but I'm not afraid to let myself bleed as long as I can fix her, as long as I can revert her back to how she was, as long as I can pick up those broken pieces.If I'm unable to do so then I won't hesitate to gather all of the pieces,wrapped my arms around them and hold them close to my body as tight as possible to show that I still love her and I'll always will even if she did shattered into a million pieces.No matter how sharp,no matter how much pain it'll bring, I don't mind and I won't because it is still her and I will do anything to make her smile that kind smile of hers.That kind and warm smile of hers, I have longed to see that. 
 
'I miss her smile...' It's always the same thought that had lingered around my mind everytime I see her smile. Sure she smiles like everybody else but there's something in that smile of hers that is not present to anyone, not to everyone around her, not to me nor in Tiffany nor in Sooyoung...and not to herself either.
 
'It's gone...' I hate how reality made me face that ugly truth but then again, I don't even remember encountering any beautiful truth and I'm still waiting, hoping for that smile to return. 
 
It's just that whenever she smiles, you can always see the fissures where darkness and pain dwells in and no matter how much she hides it, my eyes always finds a way for that to surface in my vision. 
 
Oh Yoong, you don't know how long I have waited to see your smile that is filled with nothing but pure happiness and joy.
 
Your smile,It disappeared along with your happiness as both have melted like an ice cube that was placed under the hot scorching sun as it turned to a liquid, a colorless liquid.Forever gone, non existing and yet I will always wish and hope for you to gain it back and if needed, I will offer my assistance just so you can gain it back.
 
*sniffle*
 
It brought me back to reality as I escaped from my lingering thoughts.
 
*drip*
 
I felt it as if a droplet from the drizzling rain dropped from above towards the crook of my neck as it trickled down towards my collarbone before it completely disappeared as my clothes absorbed it.
 
*drip*
 
There it is again.
 
*sniffle*
 
Another sound. It was meek and almost inaudible but my ears were able to pick the sound. My eyebrows knitted together in mix confusion and frustration. Confusion? Why is she crying? Is something wrong? Frustration? I hate seeing my sisters cry. I had always wanted for a smile to be shown by them to me instead of those depressing tears.
 
"Yoona what's wrong?"I asked softly.Slowly she lift her head from the crook of my neck as with her every movement, I can feel her tears dripping down to my own skin.
 
"Don't ask me. I don't know" Yoona looked at me straight in the eyes,her face cold and stoic but her eyes were b with tears. Her tears kept falling but Yoona was not letting out any sound either be the sound of sniffling or even sobbing and it made me puzzled.
 
....
 
Yoona!
 
I slowly went towards her as I cupped her face as Yoona looked straight into my own eyes once again without taking off my hands that were holding her face in place. I used my thumb as I brushed her eyelids wiping her tears in the process.
 
"Yoong,we'll talk in the morning, arasso?" and with a nod Yoona responsed before her tears stopped falling. I gave her time to wipe her tears away and as I look at her eyes, it wasn't even red and puffy to begin with. It was like water was sprinkled all over her face and some of it went to her eyes as it slowly trickled down mimicking how tears looks like.
 
'I knew it' I guess we will have a lot to talk about in the morning considering her condition as of now. Once Yoona was done, her face showed nothing but a calm yet cold demeanor. Her eyes were intimidating at the very least and the smirk that was slowly forming on her lips just added more to her feral look. She looked like a tiger ready to pounce on you but this time the eyes are way different.
 
'cursed...' I muttered inside of my head. Truth to be told, I have no idea where that came from and why was it linked to us but one thing's for sure, we bear it.
 
"Are you just going to stand there and think about ol' little girl and not let Yoona here have some fun?" She ended her question with that sly smirk of hers and I returned the gesture.
 
"Be my guest" I bowed dramatically in front of her with my left hand in front of my chest while my right hand was lay out extended as it directed itself to the direction of the entrance of the dark skycraper.
 
"'Bout time" She went towards the entrance with me following behind but being playful as she is, she started running and I followed behind.
 
"But be careful, it is now past 12. You exactly have few minutes left before everything ends" We were dodging wall by wall or aything that is in our way. Everything around us was blurred even in front of us due to the speed we were taking but we paid no heed. We were used to this and this midnight is no different from the others.
 
"You're talking as if I don't know" She rolled her eyes as we continued making our way before we stopped in front of a huge old door. It was brown, with tiny and long cracks on the surface and as I run my hand on it I took note of the rough and pointy surface before it suddenly fell down.
 
"Stupid thing in the way" Irritation was highly visible on her voice and evident on her face as she scowled. She kicked the door causing for the door to burst into tiny pieces. I should have know coming from her.
 
Jessica's P.O.V
 
"She...doesn't...remember" I softly said as I craddled her tiny body in my own hands as she hugged me tighter. I was her shield, from those scary things, from those painful things, from those sad things, from those bad things and also from the reality and from the truth.
 
"Who...a-are th-they?"She shakily asked me as her right hand that was once placed on my waist has now moved in front of my hospital gown as she gripped the front while she looked at me with tear streaken eyes. I just smiled at her not knowing what to do nor to answer so I just caressed her hair.
 
'Should I tell her about Taeng and the others? But shouldn't she meet Sunny and her other sisters first before them? If I told her, how would she react? Just by the sound of there voices and there presence was enough to make her cower in fear and break down in tears then how can I introduce them to her without her being scared? But how come she is not afraid of me?' Things invaded my mind in an instant but I continued my actions as I found it comfortable and relaxing as I also watched how Tiffany slowly succumb to sleep but I guess, due to fear she kept her eyes open.
 
"Don't mind them Tiff. Just sleep for now, okay? You need to rest." I told her as I took note of how cute she looked. She looks like a baby as I lulled her to sleep. She didn't uttered another word as her eyes slowly closed and seconds later I felt her hand slowly letting go of my hospital as her grip loosened followed by the sound of soft snores and soft breathing indicating that she has fallen asleep.
 
I left one hand behind her head as I moved my other one on her back before I leaned forward a little making her body fall into my hands and softly I laid her down on her bed. I tucked her in before kissing her forehead just like how a mother would do to her loving child.
 
"Sica" Taeng spoke with her voice as firm as a souldier as she called my name. After a string of silence, she continued.
 
"Tell me what happened and I want to hear everything." And with a soft sigh, I answered. I started my answer by explaining what happened four days ago when I was looking after her after she was send to the hospital before I saw the lady soaked in blood in front of me then passing out then waking up four days after I fell unconscious when I saw Tiffany wake up. I told her that I was the one who screamed for help when I saw Tiffany in pain and being unable to breath then passing out again as soon as the nurses and doctors came.
 
...
 
I stopped to take a breath before I continued my story. I then started to tell her how I woke up to see Tiffany has also woken up before she asked me a question regarding on who she is. I told them how she stated that she knows me before pressing on with her same question. I asked her if she doesn't remember and I concluded that she doesn't given the proof of her question earlier.I also said that she rendered oblivious to her nickname 'Tiff' as I explained it to her followed by her crying then Taeng and Yul came in and so here is our state. I finished telling them everything with a sigh as I looked at them. They were shocked, bewildered too just like me when Tiffany asked me on who she is.
 
Hot
 
I felt it, the sensation.
 
"Sica..." Came in Taeng's voice before I felt her hand on my cheeks as she cupped my face and looked at me sadly. My eyes were burning as I continued staring at Taeng and slowly I felt the same heat travelling down my cheeks as the heat reached my lips.
 
Salty
 
It occupied my taste buds. I then felt something wipe my eyes as I gazed at Taeng's face as she wore a soft expression on her face.
 
I don't know why but then I felt the words that I have spoken earlier about what happened between me and Tiffany stabbed my heart one by one and I screamed in pain but not through my lips but through my eyes as my screams took the form of a liquid. A liquid that has no color and yet contained so much emotions and they are called Tears.
 
I felt the pain that I didn't realized that I had when I was with Tiffany was slowly coming to me. My pain were mixed with all the worry and enxiety that I felt after everything that had happened. From when we came here in the hospital to now where I'm crying.
 
I don't know why but I felt my heart clenched after reminiscing how Tiffany looked after getting beaten as if they intended to take her life away. How her own blood covered her entire body. How she was rushed into the hospital as her life was being measured by life and death. How serene she looked when she was asleep as her face was covered by bandages, small cuts and bruises. I even remembered how she looked as she curled in pain right after she woke up. How her already bruised face contorted in pain once again as her own lungs prevented her from breathing as if she was being betrayed by her own body.
 
I don't why but I can't forget it, I can't erase it and I can't get rid of it. It was like the memory itself has been planted inside of me, like it was burned to the back of my mind as it played continuously as if my personal head was a theatre and I was the only one who was watching it.
 
And just by this made my eyes produce tears.
 
But it never stopped there.
 
Torture never ends on the beginning.
 
The way she looked at me, the way she spoke and asked was like a curious child left alone inside a vast world as she asked the questions that were stored inside of her.
 
That one question. A single question.A very simple question. It was so simple that it made me produce more tears as I cried as powerful as the niagra falls. It was so simple that I found it complicated to answer, too hard for my confused brain.
 
'Who am I?'
 
And just like that, my already clenched heart shattered into tiny pieces. Is it still there? Is my shattered heart still inside of my bleeding chest? or did it disappeared as the small pieces joined my tears as I cried? In fear, I placed my hand on my chest and searched for it. It was there, it was still beating even though it was shattered.
 
"It's okay Sica." Taeng comforted me, Taeng tried but I know everything is far from okay but right now ,please let me drown and believe in her words, those sugar coated words that has the power to make me doubt reality and clung into hope. Just for today, please.
 
A plead or maybe a beg. Whatever it is, it was enough for my body to believe and rest but my mind didn't but nevertheless it still went and gave in to the offered peaceful slumber with tears still fresh from my eyes as I soaked Taeng's shirt.
 
With a broken state, a hazy mind, aching body and tear streaken eyes I had fallen asleep in my sister's arms.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys ^-^ XD I can't help but laugh that almost five-six chapters happened inside the hospital haha. I thought that maybe you had forgotten or missed HyoYoung ^-^ Don't worry, I purposely left them out.. for now (HyoYoung shipers, please don't kill me!) They will appear on the next chapter along with the awaited Sunny and Yoona/Yoong ^^ Poor JeTi always crying and Tiffany forgetting everyone else besides Jessi. I wonder how Sunny and Yoong will react.
 
Since I thought that it would be too boring and repetive if I made Tiffany forget Jessica and Jessica will be sad, I tried changing it as I made Tiffany forget everyone else ^^ Hope you'll like the new chapter >~< Misaio out~