Chapter 9

It's Not Over My Rose

A/N: All done! Just kidding.

 

The time leading up to the release of Lee Hi’s music video was more hectic than thought imagined it would be. Between dance practice, filming the MV, and sneaking around to hide the bear costume, TOP had a pretty busy schedule. The hardest part was filming with Lee Hi and the other dancers because he needed to sneak Taeyang into a tiny broom closet to help him change into his costume. The staff was under the impression he came to support his hubae with her upcoming single and Taeyang played along with this assumption to hide the fact he was helping TOP. He didn’t mind, in fact he seemed to get a kick out of seeing his Hyung impersonate him and even went as far as giving ‘Bear-sshi’ tips on how he danced. That and he loved watching how his Hyung acted when he had a crush.

The first day of shooting, when TOP saw Lee Hi film with the teddy bear he gave her, he promptly tripped over the prop red wagon and fell on his face. Taeyang laughed for a full minute before ‘offering’ to help him up.

Day 2 of filming with Lee Hi was even harder. It was the end of the day and the last things they needed to film was the shot where the bear pushed over the shopping cart and TOP’s scene with the giant inflatable ball. The first take TOP pushed it over and folded his arms.

“Cut! Bear-sshi, (the name stuck) can you possibly make it more dramatic?” TOP gave the director a thumbs up before bowing in apology to Lee Hi. Take 2 he pushed the cart over and stomped his foot. TOP saw Taeyang trying to hold in his laughter. “Cut! Bear-sshi, it’s not good enough. C’mon, last take. Let’s wrap this up so we can go home.”

“Director-sshi, do you mind if I speak with the bear a second? I have a bit of advice for him,” Taeyang said as he hurried on set. The director waved him on impatiently. He didn’t know who was really under the bear costume. Lee Hi left to get water and give them space to talk.

“Youngbae, does it look that bad? What should I do,” TOP hissed quietly.

“Hyung you’re thinking too much, it looks fake.”

“Okay…so how can I fix it? Those were the only two ideas I had!”

Taeyang was silent for a second before giving TOP a serious look. “Ya, Hyung.”

“What?”

“Think Bingu TOP.” What?! With that he left him on the set and yelled to the director, “All set!”

Everyone got ready. This time TOP relaxed his stance. Bingu? *mental shrug* I can do that. He placed his body so it looked like he was pouting. When he heard “ACTION” he pushed the cart over forcefully. For a second, he was immobile. Then he stamped his feet and wiggled his arms like he was a little kid. Taeyang was behind the director dying of laughter and Lee Hi even did her best to keep a straight face. When “CUT” was called, the entire set burst out laughing. Thank goodness, at least that part’s over with.

The next scene was easy compared to the last one. The director gave him a serious look and said “play with the ball”.  Immediately he ran out to it and began rolling it around, trying to get on it and falling over comically. The take was done in under 5 minutes.

After that scene was done, he and Taeyang were on their way to their makeshift dressing room they heard a call.

“Bear-sshi!” It was Lee Hi. Taeyang tensed by TOP. She ran forward and bowed to the both of them. She was holding her phone and the blue teddy bear. TOP smiled inside the large head. “Thank you for your hard work today. Umm…I was wondering…can we take a picture together? It’s for my instagram. I want to remember today.” TOP paused a second before shrugging his shoulders and nodding. “Thank you! Taeyang-sunbae, I was wondering if you could take the picture for us?”

Taeyang nodded, fighting to keep a straight face. No wonder TOP liked her, she was a sweet girl, especially when she asked, “Bear-sshi, would you mind if I hugged you for the picture?” TOP internally blushed but outwardly put his giant paws over his mouth in mock embarrassment before nodding. Lee Hi boldly hugged him and her blue bear. TOP put his arm around her shoulder hesitantly. Taeyang quickly took the picture and they both bowed and hurried away. They left the costume in the closet for the specially informed costume designer to pick up. They were just about to exit when they heard Lee Hi’s voice again.

“TOP-oppa!” . She hurried over and bowed to him. The two of them bowed back. “What are you doing here Oppa?”

“Um…I came to see you.” Both Taeyang and Lee Hi’s jaws dropped. “I mean I came to see how filming went,” he said hurriedly.

“You watched all of today?” You could say that. He nodded and she gave him a huge grin. “Really? I didn’t see you Oppa.”

“I was out of the way…I didn’t want to distract you.” She nodded, still smiling. Taeyang was looking at him incredulously, wondering where he pulled that lie from. “So how was it, Aghasshi?”

“Really good,” she said excitedly. “I took a picture with my co-star, would you like to see?” He nodded, smiling. Her happiness was somehow infectious. She pulled out her phone and a few quick clicks later she brought up the picture. Taeyang smiled…The guys are gonna love this. TOP and Taeyang stared at the picture they had taken not even ten minutes ago, except now there was a caption to go along with it. ‘My two favorite bears’ the picture read.

TOP smiled and ruffled her hair. “I like the bear in the picture Aghasshi,” he teased.

“Which one?”

“Both of them.”