Chapter 4

It's Not Over My Rose

A/N: So yeah...I'm just unproductive so here's another chapter.

 

 

TOP was shocked to hear the news, the SuPearls were disbanding? He didn’t know the girls very well but he liked their passion and talent.

“So why did YG cut them,” he asked Jiyong during a recording session. It was a cold day in mid-February and the boss just announced the news. The whole building seemed a little blue today.

“I don’t know…but honestly, I think they did it to preserve their integrity…if they couldn’t debut well as a group, then maybe they’ll debut well as solos, you know?” TOP nodded. “I wonder how Lee Hi-sshi is taking this news.”

TOP’s heart jumped a little. “Why do you ask that,” he said calmly.

“She was supposed to debut with them, she was gonna be their last member.”

“Really? So now what, will she continue as a solo artist or…?”

“I dunno, I think-whoa where are you going?” TOP had left the room, walking quickly to the rookie practice rooms. He stuck his head into several rooms and asked if anyone had seen her. He searched the exercise rooms, the manager’s office, even the public affairs office. He contemplated checking YG’s office when he had a revelation. Could she…? No, that would be way too easy. He rushed to the back door where he first saw her and pushed it open. Sure enough, Lee Hi was there. He knees were drawn to her face and she stared at the ground.

“Aghasshi?”

She jumped and turned to him, looking guilty. In her left hand she held a box of orange juice. “Oh…hi Oppa…” TOP walked down and sat beside her. Her eyes were puffy again and she looked worried.

He indicated to the juice. “That bad, eh?” She pushed an unopened box of juice to him.

“Yeah…” TOP’s mouth opened in surprise. “I kind of guessed you might come…you always find me on the back stairs.” He opened the juice and took a sip. “I’m sorry about the SuPearls…”

“It’s okay, the break-up was mutual.” Silence reigned for a couple of minutes before Lee Hi spoke again. “Oppa, w-will I ever get to sing on stage again?”

TOP was genuinely surprised. “Of course you will, why do you say that?”

“Sunbaenim dropped the SuPearls.” TOP nodded. “I was a SuPearl.”

“Oh…” TOP immediately understood.

“Does this mean I’m just another trainee? Will I have to start over and debut again? The song did really well, do you think-”

“I think you have nothing to worry about.” Lee Hi blinked in surprise. “You’ve already proven to the world that you are capable of producing good music. There’s no way YG would want to take that back.”

She smiled at him just as her phone rang. The caller ID said ‘Sunbaenim’. “Go ahead and answer it.”

TOP tried not to listen in as a few words were exchanged. When she hung up her eyes were shining again. “Oppa…he says he’ll keep me…and I might release my own album later this month!”

TOP bounced up and down in his seat, letting Bingu TOP show. “Congratulations!” She stared at him, confused. what did I do?! “S-sorry,” he stuttered. She looked at him in awe. “Um, I have to get to a recording session, let me know how it goes!” He ran up the stairs as quick as possible and into the building. Lee Hi stared after him, a light blush forming on her cheeks. She giggled. Oppa is cute…

 

A/N: So for those of you that are worried about the , without spoiling the story I will say that my intention is that TOP purely respects Lee Hi as a singer and a person and I'm keeping this stuff PG. Except for the swearing.