Chapter 3

It's Not Over My Rose

A/N: Sorry the last one was so short guys. I won't be able to post for a bit so heres another awkward chapter.

 

 

It was the New Year party and everyone was celebrating at Psy’s house, there was plenty of music, booze, and conversation to go around. TOP was feeling a little stuffy so he stepped out to the porch for some fresh air. On the steps he saw a familiar figure.

He smiled. “Aghasshi,” he called.

Lee Hi quickly turned around and smiled. “Oppa!” She waved at him cutely. She was wearing a short cute grey dress with a sweetheart neckline and a sequined belt. Cute.

He sat down next to her, placing his glass of wine barely within his reach. He was lucky he only had drunk one glass and barely any of this one. “How are you tonight?”

And their conversation was off. Again, he found her to be great company and a wonderful conversation partner, once that shell was cracked. After a while, there was a slight pause in their conversation. “Aren’t you going to finish your wine,” she asked.

“No.”

“Aren’t you thirsty?”

“A little, but I prefer not to drink when I’m around little kids,” he said teasingly.

She made a face at him. “Why is that?”

“It’s not fair. When I was little I used to get jealous of the adults because they would drink and I couldn’t have any. So now I make a point not to.”

“Ah. Well I’m not jealous. I’m a big kid.”

“Ah, so is the ‘big kid’ thirsty?”

“A little bit.”

He nodded. “I’ll be right back.”

He took his glass in and dumped the contents down the sink. He searched for two fresh wine glasses and then searched the refrigerator for his beverage. He was back in another minute.

Lee Hi immediately laughed. “Orange juice in wine glasses?”

“You said you were thirsty,” he said, handing her one glass. She gratefully accepted the drink. They drank their juice, making small talk for several hours and only going inside to sneak some food. They were still on the porch when they heard the countdown begin.

They shouted at the sky, in sync with the rest of the company members inside. “…THREE! TWO! ONE! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!” She clinked glasses with TOP and they toasted the New Year.

Lee Hi smiled happily. “I should probably go soon…I don’t want my eomma to worry.”

“How do you plan on getting back?”

“Um…we don’t live too far from here so I can probably call eomma for a ride.”

“I can drive you,” he blurted. What’s the use of a brain if it doesn’t prevent me from saying something STUPID?!

“Um…I don’t want to trouble you…”

“It would be more trouble for your eomma if you woke her up,” he said slyly, finally glad his brain was making some sense.

“How do you know my eomma is asleep?”

“Because my eomma is.” She giggled. “Will you go home after this?”

“No, I’ll probably come back. I’m driving Daesung and Seungri home. I won’t take no for an answer,” he said before she could speak.

She smiled. “Let me grab my purse then.” She quickly said her good-byes before stepping into TOP’s luxurious, expensive car. She moved to put her purse in the back when she noticed the polka dotted gift bag, from TOP forgetting to put it away.

“That’s a pretty gift bag, where did you get it?”

He finished working the GPS, pulled out of the driveway, and began driving. “That? I got it in America when we went there in November.”

“Oh, who is it for?”

“You.” DAMNIT BRAIN!!!! She blushed. TOP began rambling. “Well, I saw it…and it sort of reminded me of you…but I couldn’t remember your birthday so I decided to buy it and save it for later…you can open it now if you like…for New Years…” He simply couldn’t understand why his mouth refused to stop moving when he wished it to.

“Um…thank you for considering me.” Lee Hi said, bobbing her head. She reached back and placed the bag onto her lap. Carefully she pulled out the blue teddy bear. She stared at it for a couple of seconds.

“Happy New Year,” TOP said. She blinked once and he began to panic. “If you don’t like it I can take it back…well I mean I can get you a different one…or if you don’t like bears I could get you a tiger or a rabbit…”

She burst out laughing. “No Oppa I love it! He’s so pretty, I was just speechless for a second. No one has ever given me a New Years present before.” She hugged the bear to her chest. “Blue is my favorite color actually…thank you.”

TOP glanced over at her. “So…you like it?”

She smiled brightly back at him. “I love him…he’s so cute.” She cuddled him again and TOP smiled. He was still in a good mood when he pulled into her apartment complex parking lot. “Thank you for the ride Oppa and the bear.”

“I’ll walk you up.” She looked shocked. “A lot of people are drinking tonight, I’ll just see you to your door.” Actually I want to make sure that no drunk tries to molest you cuz I will go Vick on their . BRAIN I SWEAR!!! She nodded in agreement. TOP grabbed a hat and some big glasses before stepping out.

“It’s a good thing your hair isn’t blue anymore or everyone would know it was you,” she said giggling. TOP smiled and nodded.

The apartment complex was small but clean and it was especially noisy from the excitement of the New Year. They travelled to the 5th floor and stopped outside of apartment 512. Lee Hi clutched the teddy bear closer to her and he just realized how short she was…“Thank you for everything tonight Oppa.”

“It was no-” TOP was interrupted by the door which was thrown open. They both stared at the petite woman who was dressed in comfortable loungewear. She had a worried expression on her face.

“Eomma-” She was cut off by a strong hug from her mother.

“Wasn’t I supposed to pick you up? Did you walk here by yourself? Why didn’t you call me?”

“Eomma-”

“And who is this,” the woman said, suspicious.

TOP for the first time felt uncomfortable in his black leather, black dress shirt, and form fitting black pants. I feel like the mafia or something. He bowed politely. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, I’m Choi Seunghyun.” Both women blinked at him in shock (Lee Hi probably from hearing him use his real name.)

“Who? Hayi-ah, who is this man? Did he drive you home?”

“Yes he did-”

“Didn’t I tell you not to accept rides from strange men?” TOP had to hold back a chuckle as Lee Hi turned bright pink.

“Eomma he isn’t a strange man, this is TOP from BIGBANG.”

“TOP?” She looked at TOP in confusion. Immediately he removed his hat and glasses. Lee Hi’s mom looked shocked. He bowed again. “Forgive me, I thought introducing myself by my stage name would be rude.”

“Oh, no it is okay…Hayi, you were right he is handsome.”

“Eomma!” Lee Hi was now red and TOP had to fight to keep from showing any unwanted emotion. “Why don’t you come in, would you like some tea?”

Lee Hi looked horrified, but TOP couldn’t help but enjoy the sight of her pink cheeks. It was cute. “Yes, thank you.” He stepped inside and found their apartment to be small but clean and inviting. Lee Hi ran off to prepare the tea. She came back after several minutes still unconsciously holding the teddy bear under one arm.

“I don’t think I’ve seen that bear before, when did you get that one Hayi-ah?”

“O-oppa gave him to me today.” Both TOP and Lee Hi drank their tea to cover their embarrassment.

“Really? It’s not your birthday though…where did you find the bear TOP-sshi”

“I found him in America when we were on tour.”

“And you’ve been holding onto him since then?” TOP’s composure slipped and his cheeks began warming. Just then his phone rang. Never was he so glad to hear ‘One of a Kind’. “Yeobuseyo?”

“SEUNGHYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!” TOP held the phone away from his ear. “HYUUUNG WHERE ARE YOUUUUUU???” It was Seungri, obviously drunk.

“I took Lee Hi-sshi home, do you need a ride now?”

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!”

“Seungri-ah, you should call him hyung,” Daesung protested from the background.

“Okay, okay…HYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNG!!!!! HURRYYYYY!!!” Then he hung up. Thank goodness.

“Um, excuse me. I have to drive Seungri-ah and Daesung-ah home. Thank you for the tea.” Lee Hi showed him to the door. “Aghasshi.” Her head snapped up to look at him. He gave her a small smile and she understood. It’s okay, eommas will be like that. I don’t mind. She smiled, understanding.

“Thank you,” she said aloud.

“Happy New Year Aghasshi.” As the door closed he heard her mother. “So why does he call you Aghasshi?” He smiled as he thought about the blush she undoubtedly had on her cheeks.