Mini Story 1 part 2

It's Not Over My Rose

It became very apparent that ‘opposites’ was used very loosely in the photoshoot as Lee Hi stood before the director in a girl’s high school uniform.

He gave her a once-over and an approving nod. “Very good, now we are waiting on-ah! TOP-sshi, just in time!”

Lee Hi turned and blinked in surprise. TOP was in army fatigues with the sleeves ROLLED UP to his elbows. Lee Hi chanced a glance at his forearms. Very nice. She hid a smile and bowed to him and he nodded back, keeping up their sunbae/hoobae relationship act.

“So, this issue is all about military themed clothing, so we had readers write in their stories about their experiences with the army, whether they be boyfriends, brothers, whatever. You two-” he pointed at Lee Hi and TOP “-will be acting out these stories in the photoshoot. Understand?” They both nodded. “Excellent! Let’s get started. First scenario is a high school student who writes to her best friend everyday.”

The photoshoot was set up like two rooms separated by a wall. One room looked like a classroom, while the other resembled military barracks. Lee Hi and TOP quickly took a round of pictures, acting like happy but lonely friends. TOP pretended to read letters and write  them, wistfully staring at the wall and Lee Hi stared back, just as sad, replying and sending her own messages. TOP was satisfied. This photoshoot isn’t too bad, I thought it would be more awkward. It only got worse from there.

After the first round of pictures was done, TOP sat in a chair while they reapplied his make-up. He felt a tap on his shoulder and opened his eyes…and promptly started laughing, surprising the staff.

Lee Hi stood before him dressed in her own set of army fatigues, carrying a rucksack. Her hair was slicked into a bun and she wore an army cover. She barely wore any make-up but she was smiling too and began giggling at TOP’s reaction.

“W-what, what is this,” TOP said, covering his laugh with his hand.

“This is the second concept,” the director said, joining them after hearing TOP’s ruckus. “You are now playing two siblings who meet coincidently at a rendezvous for two platoons. The person who wrote in said the meeting was very playful and fun so I want plenty of energy in these shots. Arrasso?”

The two nodded and took their places on a setting in front of several barracks. TOP motioned Lee Hi over for a second looking serious. “Lee Hi-sshi.” His eyes sparkled mischievously but his body stance was collected.

“TOP-sshi.”

“I think that this particular part of the photoshoot should require a little Bingu TOP, wouldn’t you agree?”

“Yes, completely so.”

“I merely wished to inform you so as to not startle you,” he said, poker face still remaining.

“Quite right, we should get to our places now, I believe the director thinks you are scolding me.” TOP nodded and headed to the left side of the scene. Lee Hi headed to the right.

“Um…we’ll get started now,” the director said nervously. “You two should get closer to act as erm…siblings…”

TOP looked at Lee Hi and nodded. Lee Hi nodded back. Then it was as if a switch had turned and utter tomfoolery was unleashed. Bingu TOP had entered the building.

A wide grin broke out on TOP’s face and he extended his arms in a hug stance. “DONGSAENG!!!”

Lee Hi mimicked him. “OPPA!!!” Like in a cheesy movie, they ran toward each other for a giant hug. Lee Hi gave a giant “OOMPH” as TOP ran into her, nearly full speed. She giggled into his chest and he nearly gave her a heart attack by picking her up and swinging her back and forth.

“I. Missed. You. So. MUCH,” He said, swinging her back and forth to his words. The staff stared as he put her down gently, with a mischievous grin. Lee Hi smiled back. Two can play at this game. She wrapped her arm around TOP’s neck and pulled him into a headlock.

“Hyuuuuung,” she whined. The staff (and TOP) were floored. “Why didn’t you answer any of my letters?!”

TOP began rubbing his hands together in mock begging. “Sorry…” He grinned at Lee Hi who released him and turned him so his back was facing her. She tapped on top of his shoulder and immediately he bent his knees. She hopped on and he picked her up easily.

Lee Hi pointed her finger in the distance. “LET’S GO!”

TOP immediately took off running across the scene, losing his hat. Lee Hi turned hers around backward and pretended to urge him on using her hand as a riding crop (in reality her hand never went anywhere NEAR his buttocks).

After a minute of general running, spinning, and frolicking, the director spoke. “Um…that-that’ll do, you can stop now!”

TOP immediately halted and gently placed Lee Hi back on her feet. They both glanced over at the staff and had to withhold their laughs. All of the staff members were in some state of shock, surprise, or awe.

“TOP-sshi, umm…you can go ahead and change, Lee Hi-sshi, you can stay in your outfit.”

TOP bowed his head, concealing another smile as he left. The make-up team immediately surrounded Lee Hi, although they were a lot more quiet (and stunned) than they were before. TOP came back out several minutes later in jeans, a light blue button down shirt, and sneakers. Wow was all Lee Hi could think before they were led to a simple white background.

“Alright this next letter was from a brother saying he raised his younger sister and she decided to become a soldier. The scene is a tearful reunion of the two after two years of being apart.

They both nodded and got into place. Lee Hi bit her lip and glanced at TOP. His whole face was again passive but his eyes were worried somehow. “Ready, go!” TOP began moving toward her and enveloped her in a hug. Lee Hi was shocked a second but gently hugged back.

“No, no I need more. Lee Hi-sshi can you give us some more emotion?” She immediately changed her expression from oh my gosh TOP is hugging me to thank goodness I’m back home.

“Eh, better…TOP-sshi, can you show her that you missed her a bit more? It’s a little dry. Lee Hi can you hug him a little tighter?”

They fumbled for a couple more shots before TOP gently pulled away. “Director-nim, would you mind if I had a quick word with Lee Hi-sshi? It will only take a moment."

The director sighed but waved at them in a ‘go ahead’ gesture. TOP and Lee Hi turned around and began speaking in whispers.

“This scene is a lot harder than I thought,” Lee Hi commented. TOP nodded in agreement.

“Hayi, may I ask for advice and give a critique?”

“Of course.”

“You remember the feeling you had when I came out of the army? Will you describe it to me?”

“When you came out of the army…I felt…relieved. I was so happy that you were back but I wanted to cry too because I missed you…oh…” Lee Hi understood why TOP asked that question.

“Just like that. When I saw you I was so glad. I wanted to hug you and not let go for a very long time, no matter who was watching. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t dreaming and that you were really there.” Lee Hi blushed but nodded.

They both turned and indicated that they were ready. Once the director said ‘go’, the atmosphere between the two immediately changed. TOP’s eyes began tearing up and he didn’t bother to hide the forming tears. Lee Hi soon began blinking back tears of her own and ran to him, hugging him tight. TOP hugged her back fiercely as though he never wanted to let her go.

“VERY good, that’s much better, next sce-”

“One more,” TOP said. Slowly, never letting Lee Hi go, he kneeled in front of her so he hugged her waist and his head rested on her shoulder. He began sobbing onto her shoulder and Lee Hi re-adjusted her arms so that she hugged him around his shaking shoulders. She leaned her head onto his and cried. To the staff it looked like a heartwarming reunion scene but no one knew that the tears of reunion were real.

*          *          *

After another quick outfit change, Lee Hi was in a pretty pink and white dress and TOP was back in fatigues. “Alright last scene for the day: a happy reunion between two new lovers.” Both TOP and Lee Hi slow blinked. I take back what I said about this being an easy day. TOP nodded at the director and took his place in front of the white backdrop again.

TOP glanced at Lee Hi, his eyes silently asking permission. Lee Hi squared her shoulders and nodded back, agreeing to be his on-scene lover.

“Alright, last shots…go!”

Lee Hi hugged TOP shyly, smiling as she rested her head on his chest. She was barely aware of the flashing camera in the background. TOP slowly pulled back and cupped her face, his thumbs brushing against her cheeks. He smiled and leant in, gently touching his forehead against hers. Lee Hi smiled and looked into his.

“That’s really good. Can you two add in a kiss?”

TOP’s heart leapt and stared into Lee Hi’s now flushed cheeks. His eyebrow twitched in question. Do you want to do this? She nodded then flicked her eyes up. “Forehead,” he spoke aloud.

“Yup.”

He smiled at her again and kissed her forehead, smiling and smoothing her hair.

“…and that’s a wrap! Great job today!”

The two immediately broke apart and began bowing, thanking the staff. They quickly changed and called for the van. Seungri screeched to a halt in front of them exactly five minutes later.

“How’d it go,” Taeyang asked as they took their seats and were squashed by the dogs.

“I think it went well,” TOP said, smiling lightly.

Lee Hi nodded, patting Gaho. “Yeah, it was fine.”

They both smiled at the suspicious looks, but said nothing.

*          *          *

“…So. The pictures have been edited and they were sent to me for a look-over,” YG said.

TOP and Lee Hi were standing in his office a week later, trying not to show their nerves. “You two aren’t in trouble.” They both exhaled in relief. “However, they were left alone on my desk for probably twenty minutes.” The two stiffened again. “And I’ll let you decide for yourself if that is a bad thing.” He handed over a big envelope to the two and they immediately flipped them open, looking at the few chosen photos.

The first was a picture of Lee Hi propping her arm against a couple of books and writing a letter. TOP was on the other side, lounging on his bed reading a letter, a small smile on his face. The next was three photos, one of a laughing TOP and Lee Hi as she was swung about, followed by a surprised TOP with Lee Hi’s arm around his neck, and the final picture of Lee Hi spurring him on while being piggybacked by TOP. The two giggled at this one until they saw the next photo. Lee Hi was crying while TOP had a pained expression as he hugged her and then there was the picture of the two of them, TOP kneeling in front of her crying into her shoulder. They flipped to the next two photos and immediately blushed. TOP and Lee Hi were smiling, TOP had leaned his head onto her forehead and they were staring into each other’s eyes. The next was the picture where TOP kissed her forehead. This picture looked the same as the last one except both of them had their eyes closed enjoying the kiss.

TOP and Lee Hi put the pictures back in the folder and handed them back to YG. “So…any comments on your pictures?” He looked amused.

“I think they look nice,” Lee Hi said.

YG nodded. “TOP?”

TOP paused, then asked, “Can I get a copy of the last one?”

 

A/N: I'm planning another mini story, it might take a while though. Thanks for reading!