Chapter 12

It's Not Over My Rose

A/N: I felt bad, so here's another chapter.

 

 

Inkigayo had been last week on the 17th and now she was on M Countdown on the 21st. TOP almost felt as if he was doing his own promotions all over again. The live performance went well with TOP strutting out in Taeyang’s clothes and drawing invisible hearts and blowing cheesy kisses. Thank everything holy that the fans don’t know about this… All the same he felt exceedingly proud when he found out she won. ‘Bear-sshi’ gave her a hug as she came offstage and he managed to forget his aching for more than five minutes. He went home that night feeling tired and bruised from the constant falling he had to do in the uncomfortable bear suit.

He dropped his bag on the couch of his apartment and flipped on the TV. He fast-forwarded to her performance and hit play…just as there was a knock on the door. He got up and opened the door without checking to see who it was.

Big mistake.

Taeyang and Seungri waltzed in (G-Dragon and Daesung were out of the country) with soju and something that smelled wonderfully like dokbokki and proclaiming it was “MOVIE NIGHT”. Before he could say anything, Seungri (that adorable annoying panda) ran to his living room and jumped onto his couch. “Whatcha watching hyung?”

“Uh…”

“It’s Lee Hi-sshi! Is this M Countdown? How’d she do?”

“She won.” There was a series of “wooow” and appreciative “daebak”s before Seungri spoke again.

“We can change this then, you saw what happened.”

“Ya, don’t change the channel, I have to watch it.”

Taeyang and Seungri’s heads swiveled to face him at the same time. “Have to watch it?”

I refuse to blush, I refuse to blush… “Yes. I promised Aghasshi I would give her some critiques on her performance.” They nodded and handed TOP the remote to rewind it. They all watched silently for the entire performance until the ending pose. Taeyang and Seungri clapped.

“Ya, at this rate she won’t be a rookie by July,” Seungri said, pressing the fast-forward button.

TOP nodded his head. “What are you doing?”

“Fast-forwarding to the end, I wanna see her reaction when she gets the award,” Seungri said laughing. “Was she nervous when she got it?”

“I don’t know, I was backstage.” They nodded as they waited for it.

The award was presented to her and Seungri scrunched his nose. “Aw, so cute.” He laughed. “Hyung she’s gonna be a heartbreaker.” TOP didn’t answer, instead he got up to get glasses for the soju.

“WHAT?!” TOP nearly dropped the glasses at the Taeyang’s shout.

“What,” TOP said as he rushed over.

“Hyung, looks like you’ve got some competition.” Seungri backed up the recording and TOP watched as Jonghyun from SHINee offered her a rose. He kept his face impassive as he pretended not to be affected as she accepted it. All the same his grip tightened on the glasses as he set them down. “I didn’t know SHINee was on M Countdown.”

“They made a comeback with this new song called Dream Girl,” Taeyang said pouring out the drinks. “Ya, why am I doing this?” He handed Seungri the bottle who made a face before pouring for his hyungs. “‘Dream Girl’ is actually pretty popular and Jonghyun in particular is a favorite with the fans.”

She’s NOT his dream girl. Wait, why am I even thinking about this? TOP sat down and drank his shot. “I see.”

Taeyang downed his drink too. “Ya, do you think Jonghyun likes Lee Hi-sshi?”

“No way, everyone knows Jonghyun belongs to Key.” TOP and Taeyang stared at Seungri. He shrugged. “That’s what all the fans say anyway.”

“If that’s the logic, then Jiyong-hyung and TOP-hyung would have been married ages ago.”

“No way in hell, we’d need two whole apartments for his wardrobe.” This made them all laugh and they all had another round of shots. Nah, he couldn’t like Lee Hi-sshi, they’ve barely seen each other. They’re probably just sunbae and hubae…right?