Chapter 8

It's Not Over My Rose

A/N: Here's some more. This was the stuff I originally planned for the story. Yay for my rambling imagination!!!! :(

 

 

TOP’s thighs were KILLING him. Learning both Taeyang’s and G-Dragon’s dances were tiring, and don’t even get him started on that one part which he called ‘the running man’ dance. But, he kept his promise to YG. The dances were learned in under a week and now he was in a dressing room next to the ‘rookie’ practice room. Seungri was the only one available that day to help him into the cumbersome blue suit.

“Hyung can you even BREATHE in that?” TOP could barely hear him with the giant blue head on.

“For now at least…” YG had informed the choreographer of the situation, so he learned the dance separately from Lee Hi and the other dancers. They used the excuse that he was a temporary dancer from another company.

“You ready hyung?”

“Sure.” Seungri gave him a stern look. “Remember…be cute.” Seungri made an aegyo face.

TOP nodded, before remembering that Seungri couldn’t see it. He gave him a thumbs up. Seungri left first, promising to help him with his costume when he was done.

TOP took a deep breath before entering the practice room. Lee Hi was there practicing a different song.  This song was slower and it involved several graceful female dancers and one male dancer (which for some reason didn’t sit well with him). When she saw the bear a gigantic grin lit up her face and she almost missed a note. TOP watched her finish the song. He could see that she was trying not to grin at the big blue teddy bear that entered. When she finished the song and the choreographer nodded she quickly bowed to the other dancers, thanking them before hurrying up to TOP. He nearly had a heart attack as she bowed 90 degrees in front of him.

“Anneonghaseyo, I’m Lee Hi.” Uuuuhhh. TOP had a brain freeze. Way to go brain. Lee Hi looked at him curiously. Quickly TOP returned the bow and waved to her which seemed to pacify her. “It’s nice to finally meet you, thank you so much for participating,” she said warmly. TOP gave her a thumbs up. “Are you new to your company?” TOP paused, then nodded. “Me too! Oh, but you knew that…” Lee Hi looked apologetic and TOP shrugged his shoulders as if to say ‘that’s okay’.

“All right, are we all ready to go? The bear is here, everyone get ready for ‘It’s Over’.” the choreographer called.

They went through TOP’s part a couple of times without music so he could get used to his spots and then it was time for the first run through. TOP was incredibly nervous, because until that time he had only been blocking the song as Lee Hi hummed the song. His fears were quickly alleviated however when the song started. He had to smile. The song was cute in itself, but if anything Lee Hi made it more adorable. She dances almost as good as I do. TOP thought smiling. She was incredibly awkward and jerky as this was her first run-through with the back-up dancers. They even had to restart twice so she could loosen up. By the time it was TOP’s turn to make an entrance, he was perfectly at ease with what he had to do. Everything was on point for him, even his fall and freestyle were above his own expectations.

When the song was over, Lee Hi held her pose for a couple extra seconds until she heard “good!” from the choreographer. Immediately she ran back to TOP in his bear costume. She bowed deeply. “I’m sorry! Did I push you too hard Bear-sshi?” TOP had to hold back a laugh as he violently shook the giant head back and forth. She smiled, relieved. Then they were called back to practice.

They practiced for the next five hours and TOP was positive he would never be able to do aegyo without doing the steps to the dance. After they wrapped out, he quickly left for the room where his clothes were. He walked in and grabbed his phone, carefully trying to press the buttons to call Seungri. After 5 minutes of wrestling with his phone in the bear costume (the zipper was too high to take off the costume) he finally managed to call the makne and grunt for him to come help him. Luckily Seungri was in the building and was there in several minutes. Carefully he helped TOP take off the giant bear head.

“How was it Hyung,” he asked putting the head to the side.

TOP shrugged. “A lot of waiting for me to do my part. It’s hot in that costume.”

Seungri nodded and ped the costume. He shot him a knowing smile. “And how was Lee Hi-sshi?”

TOP stepped out of the costume and looked pensive for a second. “She was about as cute as Dara-noona,” he said, putting away the costume.

Seungri chuckled and shook his head. “No one is as cute as Dara-noona.”

“You’re just saying that because you have a crush on her,” TOP said as he stepped out of the room. Seungri followed, hot on his heels.

“Y-yah! I don’t have a crush!"

“Right, and Jiyong’s hair is blue today.”

“It is?”

“…I don’t know…” Seungri pulled out his phone.

“What are you doing?”

“Calling Youngbae-hyung.”

“Why?”

“To ask him what color Jiyong-hyung’s hair is.”

 

A/N: Not my favorite chapter but I'll try to update later...