Epilauge

It's Not Over My Rose

A/N: Since today is Lee Hi's birthday I figured it was a good a day as any to finish their story. Enjoy!!

 

2 years later.

Two very short but very long years had passed. Lee Hi became more popular with each passing month and expanded her style to include some very catchy pop songs, beautiful ballads (some of which were made into OSTs) and even some rap songs that topped the charts for several weeks. She even featured with 2NE1 and a single for BIGBANG, both of which were huge hits. She had modeled in Vouge, Harper’s Bazaar, and several others and directors lined up to have her in their CFs. She even had a small part in a drama where she played the main character’s best friend for several episodes. She slowly came out of her shell and revealed herself to be a sweet innocent girl with a spunky side that often led to peals of laughter on variety shows.

TOP made a difficult decision a month after his ‘confession’. After discussing long and hard with the other members, they all decided to join the army in early July and to suspend all BIGBANG activities until they all got out. TOP initially planned to join by himself, but the other members insisted that they all join to ‘get it out of the way’. TOP felt terrible to do it but explained (over a glass of orange juice) that he wanted to get it over now so he wouldn’t have to worry about joining after he began dating her. She understood and promised to write to him.

As promised, he bought all her CDs, he recorded the drama, and watched her CFs. His bunkmates figured he liked her music a lot, only the BIGBANG members knew about his confession and promise. G-Dragon practically squealed, Taeyang began jumping around, Daesung fell off his chair at the opposite end of the Skype chat, and Seungri bestowed him with another bone-cracking koala hug. Needless to say they were happy with the new development, even if it meant G-Dragon was on laundry duty ‘until he gets himself a girl’.

The day he got out was a truly special one. It was late August, the rest of the members of BIGBANG had already gotten out in the week before and were already waiting for him as well as Se7en and the girls of 2NE1. Lee Hi was there too, holding in some great news. Of course the fans were there too, holding banners and signs.

As soon as he stepped out, BIGBANG plus Se7en tackled him and were hugging some part of him. The 2NE1 girls and Lee Hi made their way over. 2NE1 got one armed hugs and some sort of greeting, one after another until he got to the soloist. He beckoned Lee Hi closer and he gently pulled her into a hug (even with all the other boys hanging onto his limbs).

“I missed you,” he whispered.

“I missed you too,” she said with a smile. He released her and put his army cap on her head.

She smiled and everyone went over so they could take his picture. TOP didn’t touch her as they walked over to where the reporters and photographers lined up. “Oppa, I have some good news for you.”

“Besides that I’m out of the army?” She nodded. “Shall we discuss this over drinks?”

“Oppa, my birthday is next month,” she said putting up a victory sign next to Bom.

“I know Aghasshi, I meant the non-alcoholic kind.” He winked at her.

She smiled. “I know a good place,” she said, looking up at him. In the two years they were apart, the only thing that hadn’t changed was her height, she still stood below his shoulder even with heels. Lee Hi pulled out something from her purse and slipped it into his hand. “You’ll also need a ride.”

He glanced down at his hand and found the keys to his car. Plus a blue teddy bear head keychain. “How did you-?”

“YG. He told me to fill it up and get it shiny for you.”

The photos took much longer than expected and EVERYONE wanted to talk with him. All the YG artists had schedules though so they left (conveniently) around the same time to their separate destinations. Lee Hi led him to his car and helped him put his bag into his (brand spanking new-looking…was it waxed?? Damn did it always smell this good?) car. “So how’d it get here?”

Lee Hi looked embarrassed now. “I drove it.” TOP raised his eyebrows. She giggled nervously. “I was busy too while you were in the army…Psy-oppa and Gummy-unni gave me lessons. I passed last week so I wanted to surprise you. And no one else wanted to drive your car here, not even Se7en-oppa.” TOP smirked inwardly. He would thank Hyung later. They drove to the YG building in a comfortable silence. They were both still silent when they bought their orange juice and sat on the back stairs. TOP was still in his uniform and Lee Hi still wore his hat.

“So, Hayi” he said her name pointedly. “What is it you wanted to tell me?”

“Well, Seunghyun…I got another modeling contract.”

Bingu TOP did a happy dance with his hands. “That’s wonderful! What is the concept?”

“I’m not quite sure, I haven’t accepted yet.”

“Why not?”

“Because my modeling partner hasn’t accepted yet, he was out of town.” TOP’s heart fell a little. He knew she interacted with other males and he knew she had male friends (heck G-Dragon came to ‘that’ performance of Rose just to support her) but just for his homecoming, he wanted to be the only man on her mind.

“So when will he be back,” he asked quietly.

“Today, he was just discharged from the army.”

“…” He glanced at her from the corner of his eye but couldn’t read her face. “How do you know him?”

“He’s part of YG.” She maintained her impassive facade for one more second before smiling. “Did it work? Seungri-oppa helped me with my poker face.”

“Seungri is in the photo shoot?”

“No, you are.” TOP blinked. Wha-??? “Sunbaenim arranged for this to be your first photo shoot when you get back, the concept is that I’m supposed to be the army girl who just came home…and you’ll be the eager boyfriend who welcomes me.”

“What?”

She burst out laughing. “Seunghyun, I’m only kidding! But who knows? They might do it, it’s a piece for High Cut.”

TOP stared at her for a second then hugged her laughing. He let go quickly. “I’m sorry, I know I promised not to.” He glanced at her from the corner of his eyes.

Lee Hi was blushing. Cute, she still blushes like that… “…I can make an exception.” She was about to lean forward when TOP stopped her. He put a finger up to his lips and motioned at the door. TOP and Lee Hi quietly crept over and grabbed the door handles. On the silent count of three yanked the door open.

Predictably the rest of BIGBANG plus Se7en, Teddy, and Tablo toppled onto the ground. The girls of 2NE1 plus Gummy peeked out from behind the door, looking guilty. From the bottom of the pile, Tablo looked up at the pair. “…well .”

“What are you doing,” TOP asked.

“We were just a bit curious,” Seungri said. His voice was muffled and TOP couldn’t see his head.

“You have three seconds.” Everyone was gone in two.

*          *          *

It was September 23rd, finally. Lee Hi was hosting a small (and by small, she meant all the main acts of the entire company and her mom) get together in Psy’s large house that he volunteered for her birthday. DJ Tukutz offered his services for the music and various artists’ mothers prepared the food. The drinks were on YG that night and he himself partook in plenty of soju bombs before calling it a night.

Lee Hi was having a great time, people were popping in and out, wishing her a ‘Happy Birthday’ and giving her thoughtful gifts (like a bottle of expensive wine from G-Dragon and her own set of wine glasses, from the girls of 2NE1). But she was unsettled and was fidgeting in her party dress. TOP had promised to come (heck he planned most of the party, asking the sunbaes to offer their talents) and he still hadn’t shown up by 10:30. She wasn’t too worried, after all he had a photo shoot until 9:45, but she was unsettled because of the ‘surprise’ he said he had for her.

She was just about to get more ice from the refrigerator when she felt two large hands cover her eyes. “Don’t turn around Aghasshi.”

“Seunghyun!” She tried to move his hands.

“Nope, this is part of your surprise. Keep your eyes closed.” He slid his hand down to hold hers and gently tucked her hand into his arm. She got goosebumps at the contact but allowed him to lead her outside. She shivered at the temperature change and when TOP let go of her arm.

“Open your eyes.” She opened them and smiled. TOP stood in front of her in a classic black suit. From behind his back he pulled a bouquet of white lilies. “Happy Birthday,” he said. She laughed as she accepted them. He led her over to a table she hadn’t noticed before and sat her down. He put the flowers in a vase that was already on the table.

“Thank you Seunghyun.”

“…There’s more,” he said. From beneath the table he pulled out a bottle of champagne and two glasses. “Have you taken your first drink yet?”

“No, not yet.”

“I know. Sunbaenim told all the others to keep you away from the alcohol until I got here.” She laughed as he poured drinks for them. They clinked their glasses and drank silently for a couple of seconds.

“Thank you again, you really surprised me.”

“There’s still more surprises Hayi,” he said. “Your cake awaits you when we get back inside, red velvet with white icing...and chocolate sprinkles.” He winked.

Her eyes went wide. “Seunghyun! You’ve already done so much, how can I-”

“Hayi, I’m still not done.” He was serious now. He set down both their glasses and took her hand in his. “I know I sort of botched this last time so I’d like to do it properly.” He took a deep breath. “Lee Hayi, for the past two years, I waited for this day to properly tell you about how I feel about you.” Lee Hi’s cheeks turned pink. “My feelings have only gotten stronger since I was away and I wanted to tell you now that I love you. I liked you probably since you walked into the recording room during K-Pop Star, but I began loving you when we started drinking orange juice together and it’s been growing ever since. So…if you still feel the same way about me…will you please be my girlfriend?”

Lee Hi’s heart was thumping the entire time he spoke and her hands felt warm and clammy, yet she still smiled as she nodded her head and said “Yes.” He leaned forward and hugged her tightly. He picked her up and she laughed in surprise. She buried her head into his shoulder and quietly mumbled “I love you too.” His smile only got bigger and he held her even more tightly before setting her down gently, looking deeply into her eyes.

He reached into his pocket. “Your birthday present. I promise this is the last surprise.” He pulled out a small box and offered it to her. She took it, opened it, and dropped open. Inside were two identical shiny silver rings.

“…Seunghyun.”

“I’ve never given anyone a couple ring before…am I being too forward? I was thinking about what to get you and I wanted this birthday to be special-”

“It’s wonderful, thank you.” She was blushing bright red now as he took out the rings and placed the box on the table. He took her ring and slipped it onto her finger. It fit perfectly. He was about to slip the other ring on his own finger when she stopped him. She took the ring and slipped it on. She a little. “Wow Oppa, a ring looks so good on you.”

Bingu TOP appeared and stretched out his hand out to admire it. “Hmm…not bad, but I like yours better.”

“Why’s that?”

“Because you’re wearing it. And it looks lovely on such a beautiful woman,” he said with a smile. Lee Hi’s face was now flaming. She ducked her head to hide her blush but TOP gently tipped her chin up. “Your blush is cute too, I’ve always wanted to tell you that.” Lee Hi pressed her hand to her cheeks. Both of their heartbeats increased as he put his hands over hers, gently pulling them away. He intertwined their fingers and took a step closer. He again looked at Lee Hi’s face and smiled gently. He brought his hand up to touch her cheek. It was warm from her blush. His heart was beating and he felt an inexplicable pull toward her, and all of a sudden he found himself leaning down to her.

When TOP kissed Lee Hi, he knew it would be his new favorite addiction. It was nothing like the ones he did while acting in a drama, in fact this was barely a kiss. He was infinitely careful, just touching her lips with his to know what it was like. He pulled away for a second. When he saw her smile, he knew he did something right and leaned in for another kiss.

This one wasn’t a test drive, he leaned in and gently placed his lips on hers, allowing her to get used to the feeling before coaxing her to respond. He moved his hand from her cheek to the back of her head and wound his arm around her back to support her. Lee Hi’s heart was beating wildly and she had no idea what to do, but she did what she felt was natural; she slid her hands around his neck, stood on her tiptoes (who cares if she’s in heels?), and began moving her lips against his. After what felt like hours, TOP gently broke away from their kiss and placed his forehead against hers. He was blushing this time.

“I’ve been waiting to do that since I confessed to you two years ago.”

Lee Hi was a little breathless but still replied, “I wish you had.”

They both laughed and TOP was about to lean in again when he saw a camera flash. They both turned and saw the ENTIRE party pressed up against the glass of the patio. The camera flash was from (of all people) Psy. “You’ll thank me later,” he mouthed, winking at TOP. They looked at each other then laughed at the sight. TOP laced his fingers with Lee Hi again and leaned toward her for another kiss.

She pushed against him with a smile. “Seunghyun, they’ll see.” Seungri’s jaw was lying on the floor. Did she just call him Seunghyun???

“Let them see, I’ve waited two years to show you how much I love you.” And he leaned in again and kissed her for the first of many more times.

 

THE END!!

 

A/N: Phew and done! Remember when this was supposed to be a one-shot guys? HAHA that's a good one. :3 oh well, I still enjoyed writing it, I think they would make a cute quirky couple. Bye for now!