Chapter 13

It's Not Over My Rose

A/N: Sorry this took so long guys, I had way too much going on, but my pen is loaded and I hope you enjoy it!

 

Three days later TOP was again in the blue bear costume. Today he thought he looked like an idiot more than usual. However, Lee Hi…

“Hyung she looks so cute! Just like Mickey Mouse,” Seungri chuckled.

“Ya, Mickey Mouse is a boy, Minnie is the one that wears the bows,” Taeyang said. They were both ‘subtly’ standing next to Bear-sshi, wishing Lee Hi good luck on stage. Seungri shrugged as they both watched her on stage. The performance went well and they all headed back to an unused dressing room to get TOP out of his costume. She was one of the last ones to perform so they all agreed to watch the live broadcast of the results to see if she won this time.

The three were laughing and joking until Lee Hi showed up on screen. Immediately all three of them shushed one another. They watched silently as the numbers were calculated. Unconsciously TOP was praying that she beat SHINee, she was so much cuter than them anyway. Their noise level immediately went up as her numbers beat out the other two and all three of them jumped up and whooped when she won.

They quickly all sat down as she began to speak and snorted in laughter when the MC held the mic closer to her face. Her speech was short and cute and TOP was so happy for her he ALMOST didn’t see Jonghyun throw the confetti onto her. And then he picked some off her hair.

Idiot, what’s the point of throwing confetti ON her if you’re just going to get it in her hair?! The hair and make-up noonas worked hard to get her hair perfect!

“Ya, Jonghyun-hyung should be careful or the fans might think he’s dating her.” TOP’s ears got red. The last thing Aghasshi needs is a scandal.

He saw everyone begin to vacate the stage. Then he saw SHINee. They were imitating the opening dance scene. Inside him he seethed. His mouth twitched and his eye barely twitched. Why the hell am I so mad? I…he…he can’t do that!! That’s not okay!

“Hyung, I think TOP-hyung is gonna combust.” If anyone else knew better, they would say he was just staring at the screen, but these were his band mates. It was obvious to them that he was glaring daggers and cursing SHINee to the ends of the Earth using telekinesis. The other members looked anxious as TOP took a deep breath and pulled out his phone.

“Hyung, what are you doing,” Taeyang asked suspiciously.

“I’m texting Aghasshi. She’ll want my critiques.”

“You aren’t jealous are you,” Seungri earned a slap for that.

“No,” but TOP still unknowingly pouted. The other members snickered.

“Hyung if you’re so jealous of Jonghyun-hyung why don’t you play a trick?”

Bingu TOP perked up. “…what kind?”

“Make him think that she already has a boyfriend,” Seungri said matter-of-factly. “Or at least an admirer,” he amended after seeing TOP’s face.

Taeyang also looked skeptical. “And how is he supposed to do that?”

TOP tuned their conversation out, he had an idea. Rose is coming out soon…then she’ll probably be on Inkigayo again…it would be appropriate right?

TOP was right. On the last day of March Lee Hi was again on Inkigayo, three days after 'Rose' was released.  TOP was prepared to do his dance as usual…Taeyang was the only member there so it took longer to get into the costume, but that meant only one member could snicker at his plan.

Taeyang looked amazed when TOP told him of the plans. “Hyung…”

“What?”

“That is so cute.”

TOP scoffed predictably and rolled his eyes. “Ya, so will you help me?”

“Of course, Hyung…but are you sure you won’t tell her?”

TOP blinked solemnly. “There’s no need to.”

They waited together in their dressing room (which was actually another broom closet) until it was almost time. About ten minutes to her performance time, TOP came to fetch Lee Hi from the dressing room.

Lee Hi smiled brightly at him when she opened the door. She looks so cute… He didn’t even attempt to deny it this time since it was so blatantly obvious.

“You ready, Bear-sshi,” she asked as she walked out of her dressing room.

TOP gave her a thumbs up and comically saluted her. She laughed and they both marched backstage. When it was time, she started her performance. She did well and TOP came out acting adorable as he hopped and waved around and threw a cute fit on the ground for her. He was glad she kept her composure and only saw her smile once after she pushed him. They danced together and he finished nicely before rushing offstage. Just behind the curtain, Taeyang handed him the bouquet of a dozen red and pink roses he bought for this occasion. He also swapped the bear head’s eyeballs from downturned angry eyes to regular little dots, so he didn’t look weird anymore. After a quick once-over Taeyang gave him a smack on the back and a “fighting!” before disappearing back to the ‘dressing room’.

TOP only had to wait less than a minute for the song to finish. When it was over, he waited a couple of seconds before starting his plan. He put the bouquet behind his back and cutely sashayed out onto the stage. The dancers were already leaving the stage and one tapped Lee Hi on the shoulder and pointed to him. Lee Hi turned and was shocked but soon began giggling as TOP began putting to work his acting skills. Once he was about a yard away from her he swayed from side to side, pretending to be shy. Then he pulled out the roses from behind his back. Lee Hi gasped before accepting them with a bow. The fangirls went wild. TOP bowed to her before scurrying off-stage and beelining it for the ‘dressing room’.

Lee Hi went back to her dressing room more slowly, smelling the roses. They were all in full bloom and had a blue ribbon around them, the same color of the bear, but what was most interesting about them was the card. She hadn’t noticed at first but returned to her dressing room before opening it. She smiled when she read it. From her conversations with Bear-sshi, she knew the context of the pun and his confidence in her warmed her.

The card simply said ‘It’s Not Over, my Rose’. She would never know how much confidence it took for TOP to write those words. His job was done, but she would still promote her new single, and this was his quiet way of wishing her luck for the future.