CHAPTER EIGHT: BABY GOODNIGHT

IT ALL STARTED WITH A BIG BANG

 

He was sitting down at the table talking awkwardly to Lizzie. He looked up, saw me and smiled. Lizzie jumped up and hugged me, “Yay you’re back, how was it?”

“Oh it was great, the food was lovely. Hello, Seung-hyun. I’m surprised to see you here.” He was staring at me in an odd way as if he was trying to study me, his eyes were so glassy and beautiful. I think he was about to reply but then Lizzzie butted in, “Oh, well this wonderful man over here saved me, I mean if he wasn’t here than I might be dead.”

“OMG, what happened?” She smiled and patted his shoulder and he awkwardly  smiled too. Lizzie had a tendency to be over dramatic and over exaggerate things. She said, “This man saved me, this wonderful man saved me. I was outside and a stranger came up to me with a gun, an actual gun. It was massive like a machine gun and he told me that I should give him my handbag but then Seung-hyun came and pushed him down to the floor, my hero. And then I just had to bring him back as a little thank you, and so here he is.”

“Lizzie, I’m so glad you’re ok,” I hugged her, “And really thank you Seung-hyun, I don’t know what would have happened if it wasn’t for you.”

“It was really nothing, I just did what I had to do,” he said.

I paused for a second, so wait TOP was really in my kitchen and he had really just saved my friend? Perhaps it was fate that we would meet again this way, but I don’t even believe in fate. Another dream perhaps? I wasn’t even sure what was real at this point but it didn’t matter I was just going to enjoy myself and I was pretty sure Lizzie was having the time of her life.

“Nothing? You saved my life. You should stay over! I need to repay you, please sleep over!” Again this was typical Lizzie.

“Umm well I don’t want to be any trouble….”

“Trouble? It won’t be any trouble at all. Just stay here and I’ll get some wine,” Lizzie said.

 *A few too many glasses of red wine later, we got really drunk and we all ended up falling asleep on the couch in the sitting room. *

I woke up and it was early in the morning, probably 2am or 3am. My head was aching, I had drunk too much last night, I couldn’t even remember what happened. I could just remember someone saying “CHOOM TOP”. He was directly next to me and was asleep, his head rested on my shoulder and he seemed to be completely asleep but I could have sworn for just a second his eyes opened and looked at me. I fell back asleep. When I woke up, TOP wasn’t there. I went and checked the kitchen but he wasn’t there either. He must’ve just left. Without saying goodbye? That was odd…