CHAPTER FIFTEEN: BABY DON’T CRY

IT ALL STARTED WITH A BIG BANG

 

Perhaps I’d thought that, I’d stay there forever and he’d never let me go, or perhaps I had just been hoping for that. All I knew now was that I was outside his house and that he didn’t even like me. I had been such an idiot he was just playing with me. I ran through the streets, crying. My heart had never hurt this much. Why did I love him this much? It made no sense at all. The rain started to fall, I couldn’t even remember how I’d gotten here, it seemed like forever ago. There was no one around, it was quiet, all I could hear was my heartbeat and the sound of the rain falling.

I wondered what he was doing right now, was he thinking of me? My phone was in my pocket, so I decided that I might as well text him.

 

[I’m so sorry but I love you.]

 

I pressed the send button. After that I kept on running, the streets seemed endless. Running round the corner I slipped and fell, my knees scraping painfully on the ground and my hands bleeding. My knees stung as I tried to stand up off the wet ground. Looking up I saw an umbrella approaching, it was white and blue, with some cartoon on it. I couldn’t make out who was under the umbrella, they were too far away. The person started to run towards me, and it came apparent to me that the cartoon on the umbrella was Doraemon.

“Daesung, is it you?” I said.

He bent down, concerned, “No it’s Doraemon,” he smiled, “You poor thing, ah~ that looks painful."

He stretched out his hand smiling. Me and him had become so close over the past few weeks, we even worked out together. 

“Come with me, let’s only do happy things now,” he said pulling me up and covering me with the umbrella.

“But.. I don't want to get in your way.."

"No, you know I like to make you smile and anyway it's about time we did something."

"Ok, ok I'm coming," I said drying my tears away.

"Hmm~ where should we go? A cafe?"

"Yeah that sounds good, I don't know my way round here though, so you'll have to guide me."

"I'll take you to my favourite cafe, it's only a little way from here. I'm sure you'll love it."

We walked for ages, apparently a little way meant miles to Daesung but eventually we arrived at a small cafe. I sighed and laughed. 

"Daesung, you are way too obsessed! I didn't even know there was such thing as a Doraemon cafe."

He laughed, "You know it's amazing, you just don't want to admit it! Come on, let's go in."

We sat down at a small table with Doraemon's face on it and ordered some 'Doraemon milkshakes'. The drinks came and they were an odd blue colour, Daesung drank his straight away. 

"So tell me, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong.." I smiled.

"I know you well enough to know that something is wrong. Something must've happened, you were crying. Just tell me so that you can get it off your chest, I want to take the hurt away."

Perhaps it wouldn't hurt if I told him but wouldn't he just tell Jiyong. Although he didn't seem like the type to do that. I took a deep breath in and started to talk: 

"Well you really want to know? But just don't tell anyone alright? It's a secret. Daesung, it's just so terrible," I started to cry, "I'm in love with Seung-hyun but he doesn't love me and I don't ever want to hurt Jiyong. He seems to like me so much, he's so sweet and nice to me. I don't want to let him go but I can't live a lie."

Daesung sadly looked at me and got out of his chair and hugged me, "Everything is going to be alright. Brother Daesung is here for you," he kissed my forehead and kneeled down by my chair, "And anyway I know exactly what you're going through, I love Seung-hyun too."

"What?!" I said shocked, "Since when?"

He laughed, "I was only joking you stupid thing," he smiled and I playfully hit him.

"You really need to stop doing that! You know that I'm really gullible."

"But seriously it'll all be fine, you have me after all to talk to. Whenever you need me whether its 2am or 2pm!"

"Daesung your jokes really are terrible," I laughed. By him only being here I felt so much better. He was one of those people who could just inject happiness into you. My phone beeped. I'd got a new message:

[Ah ~ my angel, I thought you were being serious but then I remembered it's my own lyric ~ I'm so sorry but I love you too xx Come and see Oppa ~ Oppa misses you]