CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : LIES

IT ALL STARTED WITH A BIG BANG

"Wake up, wake up beautiful."

I felt Jiyong's hand tugging on my shoulder but I didn't move an inch, I was too tired to wake up.

"What," I murmured, "What is it?" I half opened my eyes and looked at him. He was already dressed in what appeared to be one of my tops and my jeans but for some reason they looked surprisingly masculine.

"Ah yeah, sorry. I have nothing to wear.. so I uh borrowed your clothes. You have such good taste!"

What could you expect from a fashionista? After all Jiyong was always wearing the oddest clothes but yet he always managed to pull them off.

"But what I was going to say is that today, well I just got a call actually, we're going to have a fashion shoot together."

"Just together?" I looked at him confused. I'd never even done a fashion shoot before. 

"Oh no well actually, Seung Hyun is going to be in it too. Isn't that great, it's going to be really fun.  We might even take some couple pictures!" He smiled at me and pulled me out of bed.

Well, wow this was going to be awkward.

"So what clothes are we going to be wearing?" I asked.

"Ah it's an underwear shoot!" he said grinning.

"What?! what?" 

At this point I was less concerned about the fact that I would have to be doing a shoot in my underwear but more excited that I'd get to see Seung Hyun finally in his underwear.

"I'm only joking, you don't have to look so worried. We're going to be wearing some bean pole clothes."
 

"Seriously, wow. They want me?" 

"Yeah, well they want my girlfriend there. It's going to be our first couple shoot, where we announce ourselves properly to the public."

Uh oh... He wanted to go public. But what about all his fangirls, wouldn't they get mad? This meant that I would never be able to dump him, then my career would be ruined. Didn't he realise anyway that it would hurt my career anyway? I forced a smile and hugged him.

"Oh Jiyong, that's so great. Really, it is."

He smiled and kissed me, "I'm glad, now let's go."

We took Jiyong's car. The studio where the photo shoot was going to be was only 20 or so minutes from my house, so the journey wasn't long. When we arrived we were taken to a big room with several lights and cameras in it. Sitting in one of the chairs, getting his makeup and hair done was Seung Hyun. I saw his head slightly move as if he was looking in the mirror at me.  Jiyong took me over to the seat next to him.

"You can sit here and get your makeup done, if you get nervous Seung Hyun will look after you. I'll be back in a second."

Another one of the stylists came and started to fiddle with my hair, evidently unimpressed by its mangled state.

"I'm sorry about what I said yesterday, I didn't mean to hurt you," Seung Hyun said.

"Well, sometimes the truth hurts, right?" I said "You know, just stay away from me and I'll be fine."

Suddenly he looked at me, moving his head round, the woman doing his hair sighed, she didn't look very pleased. "What if I was lying, what then?"

"It doesn't matter now, you can't change anything. Me and Jiyong are taking couple pictures today. He seems pretty sure that I'm the one," I awkwardly laughed, "And then I'll have to be his girlfriend. You see it's like a trap."

"How can you do that to him, if you don't like him?" He said.

"Because, more than anything, I can't hurt him. And you know, I can make myself love him and maybe one day I will. Just don't judge me. This isn't what I want, you know what I want."

I heard the stylist behind me whisper to the other one. I'd completely forgotten about them. 

"Thanks Seung Hyun for helping me practice my acting! You're right this is a good technique!"

He looked at me confused, and mouthed "What the hell?!". I pointed behind me at the two gossiping stylists.

"Oh yeah, well you're always welcome to my help. It's great you want to learn acting. Now, where's that boyfriend of yours?"

The stylist butted in, "He's just coming now."

"Did I hear someone say my name?" Jiyong said whilst walking over, "I hope she hasn't talked about me too much, Seung Hyun. She can be like that sometimes. Now this is my seat, right next to you."

He smiled, sitting down. 

"Jiyong, it's been a while since I've seen you properly. I guess you've been to consumed with her to worry about your friends," Seung Hyun said sternly.

Ouch. It wasn't like him to be so rude.

They both burst out laughing, pointing at me. 

"And I see you've become too consumed with your face, to visit your old friend Jiyong," Jiyong said.

They both burst out laughing again. Sometimes I never understood their humour at all. It was so weird sometimes. 

"So Seung Hyun," I said, "How's your love life. Any girls you like?"

Shyly he looked over at both me and Jiyong. 

"Well," He said, "I met a girl recently. Really pretty, really funny. She has the biggest caring heart, she even came and looked after me when I was ill. I'm just well honestly, I shouldn't say it but I'm in love with her. I'm completely in love with her but she's taken, and she won't choose me over him."

He got up and stormed off.

He loved me?