seven.

Two Faced Freak

 

Jinki doesn't usually have free afternoon on weekdays, but that week, he got two. Tuesday afternoon, he spent sleeping. That's the most important thing that he was lacking. Then the other was Thursday afternoon. He was planning to sleep again but he suddenly had company in the apartment.
 
"Jonghyun's not here?" Amber frowned. She made plans with Jonghyun. They were supposed to hang out that afternoon just the two of them.
"Why don't you come in and wait for him?" Onew nicely invited her in.
"He's been going out a lot with that new girl lately." Onew said and went to the kitchen. He thought that he should prepare something for the "guest".
"Here's a toast with jam." He served her with a hot milk-coffee on the side.
 
"Will he be home soon?" Amber took a small bite on the toast.
"Honestly, I don't know." Onew answered as he sat down across her and grabbed his phone. He then started playing some games and Amber easily figured it out with the background sound of the game. She doesn't see him much in the outside world. He never goes out with them.
 
"You're an anti-social, aren't you?" She frankly asked.
"What made you think that?" Onew asked back with his eyes focused on his phone.
"I never see you hang out with us after school or in the weekends. I always see your eyes stuck on your phone, either for work or for games. You don't talk much either." Amber said based on her observation.
 
For the last three years of being his friend, she had never had the chance to get to know the real him. They talk, they're comfortable with each other but they never got too personal. They were friends, but not close or great friends.
 
"So?" And he doesn't even care what she thinks. He loves being alone. Sure, he likes having friends and being with them but he'd rather be alone than anything else. Well, he loves to be with his mom. He is an only child.
"Jjong wouldn't be coming home anytime soon. Why don't you go out with me?" Amber finished her toast and drank her milk-coffee.
"Go out? Like a date?" Onew creased his forehead but he was just teasing her.
"Come on. It'll be fun." Amber stood up and pulled him by his arm.
"Uh, no, thanks. I'm fine here." He refused to stand up.
"Come on!" But Amber was surprisingly strong enough to pull him up. He lazily went out the flat with her.
 
"Where are we going, Amber Liu?" He kept looking at his phone but Amber just held his arms so he wouldn't escape.
 
They had a 5 minute bus ride before they reached their destination.
 
"No, not the cinemas..." Onew pouted.
"I don't like watching movies. Let's do something else." He asked her with his eyes all twinkly but it didn't convince Amber.
"There are great films out at the moment." Was the only thing that Amber could say.
"You choose." Amber grinned up at him.
"Okay.... Let's watch that animation film." Jinki pointed at The Croods.
"You made me choose." Amber didn't mind. She liked animations too.
 
As a great gentleman, Onew paid for their tickets, popcorn and drinks. He knew Amber was saving up the 500$ that she won so he didn't make her pay. So they watched the film. Amber kept checking on Onew to see if he was enjoying it and he was cos he was laughing and smiling every time she turned her head to him. Every once in a while Onew was looking at Amber too. She looked funny when she smiles. He thought. They both enjoyed the film. Both were childlike so, of course, they'd enjoy it.
 
"What's next?" Onew asked with a bored expression but the truth was he was having fun.
"Well, what do you like? Oh, wait. I know exactly where to bring you." Amber pulled him to the arcade. She thought that if he likes online games and stuffs, he'd sure enjoy the arcade. And he did. They played Marvel vs Cap com and Street Fighters. "Antique" games are still the best.
 
"Let's stay a bit longer." Onew pleaded but Amber was in charge that day.
"No, I'm hungry. Let's eat something." Amber pulled him to a pizza parlor, then to an ice cream shop. He paid for the pizza and she paid for the ice cream.
 
"Do you do this with Jonghyun?" Onew asked curiously
 "No. I go to the gym with him. Sometimes he treats me coffee." Amber her ice cream.
"What about Minho?" Onew stupidly asked.
"I don't do this with anyone. You're the first one." It was the truth. And she didn't want to talk about Minho at that time. He want to know Onew better.
 
"Did I pass your anti-social exam?" Onew jokingly asked.
"You're fun to be with. I don't get it why you don't hang out with us a lot." Amber complimented him.
"I... I wouldn't mind hanging out with you again." Onew shyly muttered. He couldn't believe he was saying that especially to Amber.
"Really? We can do this again. Call me whenever you have time." She bit her lower lip as they smiled at each other. Amber didn't mind either. She had fun.
 
"Our day's not over yet. Come with me." Onew pulled her arm.
 
It was his turn to show her what his meaning of "fun" was.
 
"This is so pretty!" She exclaimed.
 
He brought her to the department store. He knew she liked shopping. He remembered seeing her shopping by herself once and there was also one time, her birthday maybe, when Kibum, as his birthday girt for her, brought her to the shopping district so she could pick the things she liked. And well, Onew bumped into them there and it wasn't just her hands that were full, but even Kibum's.
 
"Why did you bring me here? You know I'm saving up my money." Amber found herself staring at the hats and caps that were displayed.
"Who said we're here to buy stuffs? Haven't you heard of window shopping?" Onew raised his eyebrows as he chuckled.
"I'm not capable of that." She shook her head.
"Okay, I'll buy you ONE thing that you want. Just one. Like a prize for being able to make me hang out with you." Onew said hoping that would satisfy her.
"But you've already treated me to the cinemas." Amber bit her lower lip.
 
"I've got tons of money with me so stop being humble or you won't get anything at all." He warned her.
 
"Choose for me." Amber smiled at him. He shook his head and smiled back at her.
"You know... I think you'll look good with a dress on." He was mocking her.
"Okay, okay. I'll choose for myself." She picked a red cap and Onew paid for it.
 
They went out the boutique both contented.
 
"Why don't you like wearing dresses? I personally think girls on dresses look the prettiest." Onew observed her body.
"I mean, I think your body's alright." He rubbed his jaw trying to .
"Dresses are not safe." She said as she put her new hat on.
"You're funny." Onew didn't know whether to laugh or not.
"Thanks for the hat. You're the best!" She gave him two thumbs up. He took the hat from her head and put it on.
"This feels warm." Onew wouldn't stop mocking her.
"Give me that!" Amber tried to grab it but he just ran off.
 
Amber shook her head. He was a lot childish than she thought. But she liked that. Proved that he knew how to have fun. She never saw that side of him.
 
"Rock, paper, scissors. Loser's dinner treat." Onew was getting hungry.
"I won! Your treat!" Amber cheered as she grabbed her hat from his head.
"It's your lucky day, Amber Liu." Onew put his arm on her shoulder.
 
Onew chose the place to eat. He brought her to a small ramyeon stand that he knew and there they had dinner. They had a fun chat as they ate. Amber thought she'd never get to know him better. She honestly thought she already knew him. But after that day, everything she thought of him changed. Same went to Onew. When he used to picture Amber in his mind, he'd see her as that tomboy of the crew, one of the guys and nothing else. But after that afternoon fun, he found out how cute and girly she was. Maybe, before, they weren't that comfortable around each other that they never showed that wonderful yet hidden side of them. Hanging out with each other made their inner selves come out.
 
=^.^=
 
comments anyone? I want to know what you think of this fanfic?
Oh, thanks for everyone who subscribed :)
 
xdorkyx
x