ten

Two Faced Freak

 

Amber woke up late that morning making her and Jinri late for their first class. She knew that that day wouldn't be good when it already started awfully.
 
Other than being late, she also forgot the report that she had worked on for a week.
 
"My unlucky day..." She sighed. She kinda knew that she'd have one since she had been receiving too much luck for the past weeks.
"Don't think of it that way." Kibum patted her back before he went out.
 
Amber stood up from her seat and went out as well. She should think positively and maybe everything would become positive too.
 
She smiled as she roamed around the campus to look for her friends. But after spending half an hour searching for everyone, she ended up going to Kibum since everyone seemed busy because there was not a single sign of them around.
 
"Oh, Amber. Just have a meal with us." Kibum invited her but she declined his offer. She thought it would be a nice time to have a quiet and alone time.
 
"Onew... I can go to him... I just h—ah!" She fell down after bumping into a guy, literally.
"Watch where you're going!" The guy shouted at her as if it was her fault.
"Sorry," Amber apologized, still on the ground, even if she knew she wasn't at fault just to get things over with.
"Sorry your face. This is a new shirt!" He dusted off his shirt. Amber couldn't help but crease her forehead.
"Why are you looking at me like that? Stupid tomboy..." He said as he walked away but someone blocked his way.
"Apologize." Onew ordered the guy.
"She's a nobody. Why should I?"
"Take back everything you said and apologize!" Onew repeated with a stronger tone of voice and Amber just stared at him.
"We can stay here all day if you want." He added raising both of his eyebrows. The guy turned around and faced Amber who was still sitting on the ground.
 
"I'm sorry... Can I go now?" He turned back to Onew and Onew let him pass.
 
Onew offered his hands to help her stand up and she didn't hesitate to reach out to them. Onew had never appeared that cool and tough in Amber's eyes. He didn't even punch that jerk yet he was still able to make him apologize with the way he looked at him.
 
"Thanks." She uttered.
"What are you doing in this side of the campus anyway? It's the first time I saw you here." Onew asked.
"I came to look for you. Everyone's occupied and I was hoping I could hang out with you." Amber answered frankly.
"Oh. Well, then. Wanna have some bubble tea with me?" Onew felt really flattered.
"That would be nice." Amber smiled.
 
While they had some bubble tea, Amber told him about how her day started and how she thought it was really unlucky of her.  Onew just laughed. She was being ridiculous and negative at the same time. He said she should smile more cos that how everything starts becoming positive.
 
"Show off! Just cos you've got a nice smile." Amber pouted when Onew smiled at her.
"I'll take that as a compliment." Onew was just teasing her so she'd smile and she did.
 
"Why don't you come with me later to the shopping district? So you'll have something to look forward to." Onew suggested and he knew she wouldn't say no.
"Sure!" Amber was already excited.
"I'll meet you at 5 by the entrance."
 
Both stood up from their seats and walked back to the campus.
 
The whole afternoon, Amber just kept in mind that all her sufferings that day would eventually come to an end once she get to hang out with Onew. The rest of her day turned out quite okay. Maybe, Onew was right about smiling and how it makes everything positive cos that's what she did all afternoon.
 
On her way to the entrance, she heard some girls murmuring behind her. But it wasn't just simple chattering, they were talking about her and they were doing it on purpose.
 
"She only dresses that way to get closer to hot boys."
"You're saying the obvious."
"She's trying so hard and she's not even pretty."
"She's so desperate."
 
She clenched her fists and she could feel her blood rise up. She wanted to punch those girls and show them who they're messing with. But she knew there were better ways to make them think little of themselves more, like snaring at them and walking away. And so she did what her inner self was telling her. She snared and walked away with proud. To add was running to Onew, as if she was telling them "die of jealousy!".
 
Although she walked away, although she ignored those girls, she was still upset. Their words just kept repeating in her head though she knew to herself they weren't true. It wasn't the first time that she heard people talking behind her back. And so even other people's words echoed as well.
 
"What's wrong?" Onew easily noticed her troubled expression.
"Nothing..."
"I know there's something. You know, you can tell me anything." Onew tried to persuade her of telling him.
"Why can't some people understand that there are words that can hurt others?" Amber wasn't really asking him. She was also asking herself.
 
"Come with me." Onew pulled her to a music store.
 
Onew had other plans for that day but he decided to change everything to make Amber feel better.
 
"At times that you feel like everyone's your enemy, music is always there to be your best friend." He said as he chose a great record.
 
Amber furrowed her eyebrows, but Onew just put the headphones on Amber's head and smiled. There were no words needed cos a soothing ballad was already playing as if it was talking to her. She stared at Onew with her eyes sparkling. And soon, it wasn't just the song talking to her, but also Onew's eyes that was telling her, even under those reading glasses of his, "I'm right here and I'll make everything better."
 
They spent more than an hour listening to old yet beautiful records. Onew introduced her his passion for music. It was wonderful. She had passion for music too that's why their worlds seemed to collide.
 
Amber thought it wasn't an unlucky day after all. Because of Onew, it turned out as one of the lucky ones. She learned some things like lessons in life and things about him.
 
=^.^=
 
This was the chapter I last wrote. There wasn't supposed to be this chapter then ideas just popped in my head. So here is chapter ten. hahaha
Still waiting for Jjong to come back. And for Onew's cameo appearance :)
 
xdorkyx
x