twenty one.

Two Faced Freak
Jinki and his mom had another chat during breakfast after his father left for work. He had not talked that much to his mom since he had been coming home late because of work and late night walks and talks with Amber.
 
"How are things with Amber?" His mom was starting to clear up the table.
"Great. We get to hang out at night since we barely see each other in the campus, but we're still going strong." Jinki answered as he helped his mom.
"I don't think dad likes that I'm dating." He suddenly mumbled before he pouted.
"Don't say that." She patted his back.
 
"He keeps giving me too much work. I can't even eat during lunch breaks cos he keeps sending me stuffs." He had so many complaints about his dad.
"He's just probably helping you to get used to lots of work so you'll be ready once you've finished your studies." She defended his husband.
"You're just saying that." He continued pouting.
 
"You should hurry up and go. You'll be late." She pushed him out of the kitchen.
 
"Oh, have you told Amber?" She asked him before he could open the front door.
"Huh?"
"The 3 year course in England." Jinki had totally forgot about that since he had been busy for the past few days.
"Uh, no. I don't know how I'll tell her." Jinki looked down.
"Bye, mom."
 
On his way to university, his dad called him. He said he should go straight to work 'cause they've got a meeting early that morning and his opinion is always needed. He hit his forehead before he turned his car. He was supposed to surprise Amber and have breakfast with her in her favorite cafe but he had to cancel everything because of work.
 
"It's alright. There's always tomorrow." She said as they talked on the phone on her way to her first class and him on her way to his office.
"Good luck on your test. Chu! Good luck kiss." He said and she giggled.
"Thanks. I really needed that."
 
Amber wanted to make a surprise visit so she decided to buy him a meal to actually have a reason to go to the company. She entered the company and the first person she bumped into was Jinki's father.
 
"Mr Lee president, sir." She bowed at him.
"You're Amber, right?" He asked.
"Yes, please to meet you, mr president, sir." She bowed again.
 
"Uhm.. I just, uh, came here to bring Jinki some food... Seaweed rolls." She showed him the paper bag that she was holding as she scratched the back of her head.
"Here. Have some, sir. I didn't make them. I just bought them from a great restaurant." She handed him a small box with an awkward smile.
 
"I never saw you." He said that meant he was letting Amber go to Jinki.
"Thanks for these by the way." He stated as she walked away.
"Anytime, Mr Lee president, sir... Jinki's dad." She ran to the elevator.
 
Jinki was looking at some paperworks when he heard a knock on the door.
 
"Come in." He said without taking his eyes off of the papers.
"Special delivery for Mr Lee Jinki." And with the voice that sounded so familiar, he raised his head.
"Amber Liu, what are you doing here?" He took off his reading glasses.
"Surprise?" Amber smiled.
 
"I brought you some seaweed rolls and... Fried chicken." She put the paper bag down his table.
"Now tell me what you're doing here." He asked again.
"To see you. Can't I?" She sat down.
"Didn't I tell you that my dad hates it when people come and visit me?" Jinki was scared he might not see Amber ever again if she continued coming in there.
"Your dad? I saw him at the reception earlier. He even knows my name. Then I gave him a box of seaweed rolls. He seems really nice." Amber stated that surprised Jinki.
"I think he's just messing with you." She added shortly. Jinki wanted to think the same way, but he just couldn't imagine his dad joking around.
 
"Why don't you eat first? I'll do your work. Just tell me what to do." She stood up and pulled her chair next to his before she started preparing his food. He just smiled. He never thought that Amber could be that caring and sweet.
"See those papers. Alphabetical order, please." He had his puppy-eyes on.
"That's easy. Now, eat! You're getting thinner and I don't want that." She ordered and started what he asked her. 
 
He pulled her chair closer to his that not only their chairs touched but also their arms. As he ate, he would feed Amber too and she didn't feel odd anymore, not when they're alone. She leaned her head on his shoulder as she read some stuffs from the pile of papers.
 
"These are interesting." She uttered with a grin.
"Those are confidential, miss Liu." And he grinned back.
 
Little did they know, Jinki's father was watching them by the door. He couldn't help but smile. He honestly thought they were such a strange couple. A boyish girl and a smart and nerdy boy. They seemed awkward AND cute at the same time. Them being awkward didn't seem to be a bad thing. It was more of a good thing.
 
"Your collection's coming out next week." He announced.
"Will I get paid additional?" She cunningly smiled.
"We'll have to wait and see, miss Liu."
"Stop calling me miss Liu, Mr Lee." She glared at him.
"Why? Miss Liu makes you more feminine."
"Oh so I'm not 'feminine' enough for you? Huh? Huh?" She started poking his waist. 
"S-stop that, Amber! They'd scold me." He said as he laughed.
"You know you're too feminine for me."
 
"I'm leaving. It's getting late." Amber pushed the chair to where it was earlier.
"I'll send you home. I'm done anyway." Jinki grabbed his coat and followed Amber out.
 
tbc...
 
=^.^=
 
Okay, we've got a huge problem with the internet connection. And it's still not fixed.
I'm just lucky it's working today.
 
I'll try to update soon since summer vacation has just started for me! yes!
 
xdorkyx
x