eight

Two Faced Freak

 

Onew sent Amber to her apartment still part of being a gentleman even if they weren't really on a date. Then he went back to the rooftop flat. Jonghyun was already there with his eyes glued on his phone.
 
"I'm home." Jinki had to say so that Jonghyun would notice him.
"Lee Jinki..." Jonghyun put down his phone ran to Jinki.
"You were on a date with Amber, weren't you? I saw you two coming out from the cinemas." Jonghyun had his most mocking face expression that Jinki hated the most.
"We weren't on a date. We were just hanging out. That's it. We were hanging out." He answered without any sign of unsureness.
"Really now?"
"FYI, she's the one who invited me out. She thought I'm anti-social. She just showed me how fun it is to go out with a friend." Jinki had to get into details to convince Jonghyun.
"Whatever you say, Jinki." Jonghyun had his witch laugh.
 
"It's your fault. You're supposed to have some quality time with her today." Jinki reminded him the thing he forgot.
"Oh my! I totally forgot! She'd kill me!" Jonghyun grabbed his phone again and went to the balcony. He called Amber and only hoped she'd answer.
"Who's this?"
"Amber? It's Jonghyun. I'm sorry! I forgot. I didn't how and why but I did and I don't know what to say to you. I'm just, I'm sorry!" He was shouting over he phone.
"What are you talking about? Oh, about earlier. It's no big deal." Amber chuckled.
"What do you mean it's no big deal?" It's usually a huge, enormous deal for Amber. She hated when Jonghyun forgets about their plans.
 
"You should thank Onew. I wouldn't have been fine with it if it wasn't for Onew. I had so much fun with him earlier." There was an enthusiasm on her tone of voice and there goes again Jonghyun's suspicions.
"Ah... Amber's falling for Onew." Jonghyun just wouldn't quit with his tease.
"Not again. If you don't want me to get mad at you, stop that! I'm hanging up!" Amber did hang up.
"Hello? Amber? Aish." Jonghyun went in again.
 
Jinki was needed the whole next day at work so he didn't attend his classes. He was busy in the office. He was still a student and he was already busy with work. He knew that after college it'll be a lot worse.
 
"Paper works everywhere." He sighed. He wanted to give up but he couldn't. He promised his mom he'd help his dad even at a young age. That was the only thing he could do to pay them back. For taking good care of him. As a child, he had always looked up to his parents. So even if his real passion was music, he still chose the path that his father needed.
 
He finished working at around 7. But he didn't if she should be happy about it. Then his mom called and told him to stop by the greengrocer's and buy her some lettuce. So he did what he was told.
 
Driving home, though, even with his already weary eyes, he spotted Amber at the bus stop. He didn't want to stop cos that moment he was Jinki. He didn't want Amber to see Jinki anymore. But she looked like she had been waiting in the bus stop for ages and he felt extremely sorry for her. So he just had to stop. He rolled down his tinted window.
 
"Hey, miss Liu." He greeted her.
"Mr. Lee, hello." She bowed and looked at him oddly.
"Do you need a lift? Hop in." He invited her.
"No, no. I'll just wait for the bus." She refused. She was still a little unfamiliar of the guy.
"Come on. The next bus won't arrive soon. I wouldn't hurt." He said half-jokingly.
"I don't know." She was really hesitant.
"Are you sure you don't want to? I'm going..." He readied his point finger to roll up the window.
"Okay, okay." Amber rushed to the other side. She buckled up and he started the car again.
 
They weren't talking. Jinki knew Amber felt weird with him so he remained silent. Amber just kept looking around. She was quite interested on his car.
 
"Very fly ride." She uttered that made Jinki chuckle.
"I mean... You have a really nice car." She repeated with more appropriate words.
"It's okay to talk to me that way. We're not in my office." Jinki said with a little chuckle.
"So I have to talk to you formally when I'm in your company?" Amber asked like she was a clueless child.
"That's not what I mean. Talk to me like how you talk to your friends." He shook his head.
 
"Do you know where I live?" She asked him as she looked at his CDs.
"Uh... I don't. I'm so stupid. I'm driving to my house. Where do you live?" And he almost got caught.
"You're going the right way. I live at Apgujeong, just close to the shopping district." She giggled.
"You're quite adorable, you know that?" Onew doesn't have the courage to say that but Jinki was confident enough.
"That was a compliment." He added and she just blushed.
"T-thank you, Mr Lee." She looked down and played with her hands.
"Jinki, just call me Jinki." He said feeling a little bit awkward whenever Amber calls him Mr Lee.
 
"You can stop over there, Mr L— I mean Jinki." Her voice kept shaking.
"Here we are." He stopped his car and got off.
"Thanks for the ride." She bowed.
"Anytime." He waved at her. She waited for him to leave before she went in to her apartment.
 
"I thought you wouldn't be home soon." Jinri was watching TV on the sofa with Minho.
"Someone gave me a ride home." She timidly replied as she put down her things.
"Who?" Minho asked before Jinri could.
"The guy from the Lee Industries." "Mr Lee?" Jinri stood up from her seat and ran toward Amber and she just nodded her head. She didn't feel comfortable talking about another guy in front of Minho.
 
"Who is that?" Minho stood up as well.
"Onew's doppelgänger." Jinri answered for Amber.
"Onew's doppelgänger in the Lee Industries?" Minho instantly knew who they were talking about. It wasn't any doppelgänger. It was Lee Jinki himself.
 
"Hello, Mrs Lee. Is Jinki home?" Minho had to talk with him. He didn't know what Jinki was doing but he wasn't liking it.
 
"Choi Minho, what are you doing here?" Jinki was at his table finishing up some reports.
"Amber's convinced that someone looks like you in your father's company. What did you tell her?" Minho was a little mad at him and he was really getting scared. Jinki gulped and stood up from his seat.
"Minho... I... I don't know. When she saw me at the company a couple of weeks ago, I don't know what's gotten into me and I told her that I don't know her." Jinki explained. He didn't want Minho to get a lot madder so he told him the truth.
 
"I didn't want her to see this Jinki anymore. But I just really had to give her a ride earlier. That will probably be the last time she'd see me as Jinki." Jinki added though he wasn't sure if he explained clear enough.
"Probably?"
"Well, we'll never know." He defended. It was accidental when he saw her at the bus stop. So he knew that Amber might see him again in the future.
"What are you doing, Jinki?" Minho frustratedly asked.
 
=^.^=
 
SHINee has finally made their second comeback!
Amazing as always :)
 
Thanks for the comments everyone. Hope you continue supporting this fic
 
xdorkyx
x