twenty

Two Faced Freak
"Have you decided?" Jinki's dad asked him as he sat down the armchair.
"No, not yet." Jinki turned off the TV.
"When will you decide?" His dad was being impatient.
"Soon." He responded.
 
"I heard you're dating someone. That girl that won our contest at your university. Is that why you haven't decided yet?" It was as if his dad was interrogating him.
"I can't believe this. We were just on our FIRST date earlier. We're just starting, dad." Jinki wasn't enjoying their chat.
"Tell me your decision as soon as possible." His dad stood up and walked upstairs. Jinki stood up as well but his mom pulled him down the sofa again.
 
"Tell me about your date? How was it?"
"It was great, mom. She adored it." He told her with a smile.
"You should come and visit her art display tomorrow. I'm sure you'll love it." He wasn't suggesting, he was really ordering his own mom.
"Will I get to see the artist?"
"Not just the artist, but also her boyfriend." Jinki was riding along his mom's jokes.
 
Amber to dress up prettily for that day. She tried not to be too boyish nor too girly. She tried not to be too casual nor too formal. Well, she failed. She dressed up like how she usually does. Amber sat on the sofa. Jinki promised he'd pick her up and she promised she'd wait for him. When she heard the doorbell rang she rushed to the door and opened it.
 
"You ready?" Jinki offered his arm. Amber grabbed his arms and wrapped hers around it.
"You're late." She murmured.
"I had to escape from work for you." Jinki replied with a pout and Amber couldn't help but smile with what he said.
 
Before they entered the gallery, Amber took in a deep breath first. When they got in, there were a few people including their friends. She didn't expect the place to be crowded but there were still a lot more people than she expected to be.
 
"Amber, they're all pretty." Soojung complimented her.
"But mine were a lot better." Kibum mocked her.
"You already had your spotlight two years ago, Kibum. Shut up." Jonghyun covered Kibum's mouth remembering his little art display a couple of years ago.
 
"Onew, Jinki, whatever, walk around with me and Jinri." Soojung pulled him away from Amber.
"B-but..." Jinki didn't want to go.
"I'll take care of Amber." Minho said as he pulled Amber the opposite side of the gallery. Minho wanted to talk to her alone without any bad intention.
 
"How are things with Jinki?" Minho asked curiously.
"Great." She shortly answered but Minho wanted to hear a lot more.
"Even if I was mad at him, even if I wanted to stay away from him... I couldn't. It felt like not having him around would kill me. I know I sound ridiculous but that's how I felt the whole time I was mad." Amber was gesturing a lot since she didn't know how to explain it.
 
"Have you told him that?" Minho kept asking her questions.
"I think he already knows." Amber smiled.
"If I was only as brave as Jinki, you were probably mine this moment." Minho regretted it. He regretted not confessing to her, not asking her out. He regretted everything. But knowing she was happy with him, he couldn't ask for more.
 
"You know, Jinri's alright. We're pretty much alike; a little girlier and an inch taller than me, but we're quite the same." Amber lightly elbowed him.
"You're funny, Amber." Minho shook his head.
 
"Amber, Amber! My mom's here." Jinki ran to Amber and Minho.
"You made her come?!" Amber widened her eyes.
"She wanted to meet you. Come on." He pulled her by her arms.
 
"Oh, there you are."
"Hey, mom." Jinki waved at her.
"You're supposed to be at work till 3." His mom raised an eyebrow knowing that his dad wouldn't be happy about it.
"I've already finished everything at work so it's alright." Jinki scratched the back of his head.
 
"You must be Amber. My son have told me so much about you." She finally noticed Amber.
"Hello, Mrs Lee." Amber bowed a complete 90°.
"Why don't you show my mom around?" Jinki suggested.
"Me?"
"This is YOUR art display." Jinki smirked.
"All right. This way, Mrs Lee." She glared at Jinki for making her do that. She felt a little shy since it had only been a day since they started dating and he had already introduced her to his mom.
 
"You're making her feel uncomfortable, Jinki." Minho said as they watched Amber.
"Let her be. This way, she'll get to talk korean smoothly." Jinki only wanted his mom to know Amber better.
 
People kept coming in till late afternoon and that fact only made Amber really happy. She was no professional artist or anything but she had the chance to show everyone her work. All thanks to Jinki.
 
They were left alone there again. Amber took a last glimpse of everything while Jinki followed her.
 
"Which one's your favorite?" Amber turned around and asked him.
"Onew, of course." He said pointing at the colorful design she made for the company.
"Oh, you don't like this one? It's not called The Exit Kiss for nothing." She pointed at a design with two lips attached surrounded by closed and opened doors. Jinki chuckled. He remembered that day. When he was hiding from his co-workers in his own company all because Amber brought him there.
 
"Can I keep it?" He asked her sweetly.
"Actually, I want to give it to you as a gift... For everything that you've done." Amber replied biting her lower lip. Jinki pulled her close to him and kissed her forehead.
"This is nothing. After what I've done. I don't think I can ever forgive myself."
"Let's just forget about the past, okay? What's important is the present." She embraced him to hush him. She hated the thing he did but it's part of her past now. A part of their past that they should forget to move on.
 
He hugged her back. He was still guilty of lying to her. But if she wanted to forget everything then he should too.
 
She wanted it to be something they'd laugh on in the future. Even if they wouldn't end up together. She just wanted to be happy and calm. She just wanted to be with him.
 
=^.^=
 
5 chapters to go guys!!!!
I'm gonna miss my OnBer ship. hahaha.
 
Who should end up with Onew on my next fanfic?
Sulliver or Princess Krystal
 
xdorkyx
x