twelve

Two Faced Freak

 

Minho was yet again pushed to a blind date by Jonghyun. Jonghyun "loves" Minho, but he wasn't a big fan of pairing Amber with him.  Jonghyun had just always had the vision of Jinki and Amber together. And he knew Minho's fear of destroying his friendship with Amber. It's his choice to stay in the friend zone so it wasn't Jonghyun's fault. Jonghyun wouldn't have started his plans if Minho just took the risk.
 
"Choi Jinri?"
"Choi Minho."
 
The two sighed. They have learned that day that they shouldn't listen to Jonghyun anymore. They walked in the restaurant and ate together there. They considered that a dinner between good friends.
 
"And Amber..." Minho wanted to know how Amber was.
"Didn't you see her earlier today?" Jinri asked as she chewed her meat.
"Sadly, no. She wasn't there in the cafeteria earlier."
"Oh yeah. She was busy with her designs. She was hired by the Lee Industries." Jinri stated.
 
"She stayed up till midnight with Onew. She wouldn't even let him go—" Jinri stopped talking when Minho choked so she gave him some water.
"O-Onew was with her the whole night?!" Minho asked still choking a little that reminded Jinri of the whole Amber and Minho thing.
"Uh, yeah. But they didn't do anything, like, in particular. Just plain boring night."
 
Except for that scene that Jinri accidentally saw where their noses touched for a little over 3 seconds.
 
"Do you think... Amber's... Amber's starting to feel something for... For Onew?" Minho asked as he played with his food.
"Uh, I don't know. Maybe. I'm not sure, really." Jinri focused her eyes on her food.
 
She didn't want to say "yes" even if that was the real answer. She heard Amber the night before. She was half awake and Amber had just lied down. Her eyes were half opened and she looked at Amber. The older girl was staring at her phone giggling for an unknown reason. Then she heard Amber say "Onew, you're quite cute up close." Then shortly she added "I think I like you."
 
"Jinri? Hey, you listening to me?" Minho snapped his fingers in front of her eyes.
"Huh? I'm sorry. I didn't get that." Jinri blinked a few times.
"I said, do you think Amber's already home by now?" Minho repeated his question.
"Uh, no. Jonghyun invited her to have dinner with them. She said she'll come home late." Jinri had lost her appetite and so did Minho.
 
"Let's go home. I'm really tired." Jinri put down her chopsticks and smiled at Minho.
 
Jinri decided to shut . She didn't want to say the wrong things. She didn't want to hurt Minho. But she also couldn't tell Amber to stop herself from liking Onew and just stick with Minho.
 
.........
 
Amber and Jonghyun were loud as they had dinner. Onew was the one who laughed at their jokes. He couldn't reach their levels of jokes. Once in a while, he would look at Jonghyun but most of the time his eyes was on Amber. He likes how she covered with the back of her hand every time she laughs. He likes how she would glance at him secretly but he'd always caught her. He likes the sound of her voice whenever she speaks in her weird korean. He likes her odd but cute smile.
 
"I think I like her." He uttered as soon as they closed the door after watching her leave. Jonghyun slowly turned his head to the older boy. Jonghyun wanted to mock him and tell him "I knew it!" or something like that, but his mind was stopping him. He knew it wasn't the time to joke around. He knew that Jinki was serious about it. He's just not sure if Jinki was willing to take risk.
 
 When Amber got home, Jinri was getting ready to sleep.
 
"How was dinner?" Jinri asked her.
"Great. Jjong talked nonstop again." Amber put on her warm hoodie.
"You? Where'd you have dinner?" She asked. She didn't want Jinri to think she doesn't care about her.
"I had dinner with Minho. Jonghyun set us up on a blind date. But we didn't consider it like that." Jinri had to have an extra explanation so Amber wouldn't think wrongly of them.
"It's alright. I don't mind you going out on dates with Minho." Amber surprisingly said.
"But we weren't on a date!" Jinri was being defensive.
"Okay, okay. Don't shout. You're scaring me." Amber tried to joke.
"We're not together or anything." Amber added shortly.
 
"Do you still want to be with him?" Jinri asked looking curiously at her.
"I have never wished to be with him." Amber frankly replied. She couldn't imagine herself with Minho. Even if she liked him, there's not an image of him and her dating.
 
..........
 
Amber was yet again ditched by Jonghyun. They were supposed  to meet at their favorite coffee shop when she received an SMS from him saying that he couldn't come because Sekyung had an emergency. That was a lie for sure. A minute later, she received another text from him saying that she shouldn't leave because he sent someone to accompany her.
 
"Hey," she turned her head and saw Onew.
"Jjong sent me here." Onew added as he walked toward her table.
"Better than being alone." Amber patted the seat next to her to invite him sit down.
"Aren't you busy with work?" Amber noticed that he was having a lot of free time recently. Actually, he has always have a lot of free time except he just spends it alone and sometimes in his office.
 
"Were you expecting someone else to come? Minho perhaps?" He ignored her question.
"I was actually hoping it'd be you and it is so..." Amber scratched the back of her head and he did the same.
"Let's order something. Over here." Jinki called the waiter.
"Ladies first."
 
Soojung and Jinri were hanging out in the same area. And in fact, they were planning to go to the same coffee shop, but seeing Onew and Amber together inside, they changed their minds. Well, only Soojung did. She didn't like seeing them together. She was thinking that Amber was stealing Onew from him. Both Onew and Jinki. She was starting to hate her too and she knew it was wrong, but she couldn't stop feeling that way.
 
..........
 
"Let's not go there, Amber." Onew was pulling away from Amber's grip but she was holding onto him too tightly.
"You have to meet him. He's quite nice like you." They were a few meters away to the Lee Industries. And every inch closer they get, the more Onew felt scared.
 
When they finally stepped inside the company, all that Onew could do was cover his face. He was sure people would recognize him there. He was sure people would call him "sir" and would ask him why he's there and why he's dressed weirdly.
 
"Jinki?" He heard Siwon's voice. He knew he would be the first one to see him. So he ran fast pulling Amber with him.
 
"Onew, why are you running?" Apparently, Amber didn't hear someone calling Jinki.
"I poured some milk tea on someone's shirt yesterday. He works here and I think he wants to kill me." He made up some stuffs as they went to the exit.
 
Amber had her back against the wall, while Onew had his against the door to guard it.
 
"You're crazy." Amber shook her head with a smirk.
 
In a second, though, someone pushed the door that made Onew leaned against Amber, but it wasn't just their body that were pressed against each other but also their lips.
 
"I thought I saw him coming this way..." Siwon, thankfully, didn't look behind the door where their lips were still attached to each other and their eyes wide open.
 
As soon as Siwon closed the exit door, Onew pulled away.
 
"I'm sorry, Amber. I didn't mean it! I'm really sorry. Oh my, I don't know how that happen. I'm... Just sorry." He kept bowing to her, as many times as he could.
"It's alright. It was an accident." Amber's voice was trembling. She didn't know what to say. She just breathed in and out very deeply trying to stop her irregular beating of heart.
 
Onew was hitting his chest. It was beating really fast too. Partly because he was nervous, partly because he didn't expect that to happen, partly because they kissed.
 
Amber decided not to bring Onew there again. Not any time soon.
 
They walked in silence. Awkward silence. Onew couldn't look straight in her eyes, neither could she. Whenever they eyes met, they'd just look away and bit their lower lip. At times, both blushing. They didn't know if it was because of embarrassment or something else. Definitely something else. And they knew exactly what it was.
 
"See you tomorrow." Onew oddly smiled at her as he gestured his hand.
"Yeah, tomorrow. Bye." Amber waved her hand a bit before she ran to her apartment.
 
Onew ran. He didn't care where he'd go, he just ran. He just wanted everything to go away. Except for his growing feelings for her. He couldn't say that he didn't like what happened, but he wanted it to be a lot more special than that.
 
She didn't stop splashing water on her face. She didn't stop asking her reflection if it really happened. But every time she looked at her reflection in the mirror, after seeing her lips, the whole scene just kept replaying in her head. It was unexpected, but she liked it.
 
=^.^=
 
I like this chapter. Don't you guys like this chapter? haha.
Onew of my favorite.
A little long though, but I still like it. haha
comments anyone?
 
No subs but bear with it. haha.
It's a lot longer than I thought it would be.
He's so adorable.
Raise your hand if you want to see our cute leader act in a drama and not just make any cameos!
 
xdorkyx
x