nine.

Two Faced Freak

 

Onew was sitting silently at the corner typing his report on his phone. As usual, his friends wouldn't shut their mouths. They never run out of things to say.
 
"Karaoke?"
"At 5."
"There's a great place I know."
"Can I come?" Onew suddenly interrupted and everyone looked at him oddly. Amber grinned. She knew exactly what he was doing. He was finally trying to actually socialize.
 
"He's my partner for the day!" Amber exclaimed.
"No! I want to be his partner!" Soojung pulled Onew's arms.
"Rock, paper, scissors?" Amber smirked and so they had a match.
"Rock beats scissors. I won!" Amber cheered.
 
Minho felt weird that Amber wanted to be Onew's "partner". It's usually him and her, or maybe Jonghyun and her, or maybe Kibum, but never Onew. NEVER. It was the first time.
 
"Can I bring Sekyung later?" Jonghyun asked everyone's permission.
"If she's nice, then why not?" Kibum answered for everyone. They were, in all honesty, curious of what the girl was like.
 
Onew was always in the corner. Even in the karaoke room. But Amber, as his partner, wasn't leaving his side. She kept talking to him as they watched their friends sing along the songs. Amber was telling him jokes about what she thinks of Kibum and his choice of songs and he was laughing. Soon, he was telling her his lamest jokes, but they still made Amber laugh. They were so lame that they made her laugh
 
 "You do know I don't get your jokes, right?" Amber frankly whispered.
"Why are you laughing?" He didn't know if he should be offended or not.
"I don't know. I'm just happy you're here." Amber smiled at him. It was so real, so genuine that he just gotta smile back.
 
"Onew. Sing a song!" Minho threw a microphone to Jinki. Minho was getting annoyed of seeing Amber talk to him.
 
"Pick one for me, Amber." He proudly stood up and Amber did what he asked her to. It was Lee Seunggi's I'll Give You All.
 
The song started playing and he started singing. Amber's jaw dropped when she heard him sing. It was the first time she actually heard him sing. Maybe she had heard him sing before, maybe a year ago, a few months ago, but she just ignored him. And that moment, both of her ears were open, appreciating the beauty of his deep and calming voice. She stared at him, watched how his eyes closed and with his body swaying a bit. He was singing with his heart.
 
Minho observed Amber. He just made the wrong move. It was a lot better when they were just talking. Minho felt like Amber was falling for Onew and it's making him mad.
 
"Wow!" Sekyung clapped her hands as soon as Onew finished singing. Amber joined her and so did the other girls.
"Ah, Onew, you don't do that to me. You're stealing my fan girls." Jonghyun joked and took the mic from Onew.
 
Jonghyun was the best among them, of course. He wasn't majoring music for nothing. Onew sat down next to Amber again then he shyly smiled at her while Amber just had her eyes plastered on him.
 
"So when will you sing?" He asked.
"Can you sing again?" She ignored his question and Onew laughed.
"If you sing, I'll sing again."
"Deal!" They shook hands.
 
"My turn!" Amber dusted off her pants.
"Oh, Amber's got her confidence today." Kibum .
 
Amber lightly pushed him out of her way and picked a song. She picked Seven's I'll Do Well.
 
"Can she sing?" Onew asked Jinri. But before she could answer his question, Amber started singing.
"She can sing." Onew's eyes widened as he looked at the singing Amber. Jinri giggled and just listened to Amber's amazing voice. Onew was making some "Ooh... Aah..." sound really astonished by Amber's hidden talent. It wasn't really hidden. She just doesn't sing that much in front of her friends. She winked at Onew reminding him of their deal. But Onew didn't get why she wanted him to sing again.
 
"Thank you, thank you." She bowed at everyone.
"Sing with me." Onew didn't let her sit down and pulled her back to the center with him.
 
"Onew featuring Amber— Drunken Truth." Jinki introduced the song.
"When did they become this close?" Jinri asked Soojung but she just shrugged.
 
"You know what my plan is? To bring them together... Like us." Jonghyun whispered to Sekyung but Soojung was able to hear them.
"What do you mean? Aren't they dating?" Sekyung furrowed her eyebrows. Jonghyun chuckled. He hasn't done anything yet, except for teasing them nonstop, and his idea was already working by itself. He glanced at Soojung and smiled at her before he looked back at Sekyung.
 
They were so loud on their way home. They were in pairs but some were still not happy. The happy ones were, of course, Jonghyun and Sekyung. Kibum, Taemin and Jinri were enjoying themselves as well. Onew and Amber seemed like they were drunk even if they didn't drink any alcohol, they were just really enjoying each other's company. Soojung and Minho had their eyes on the two the whole time. Soojung had her arms across her chest while Minho just got his evil eyes on.
 
Soojung recalled hearing Jonghyun and Sekyung's conversation. It just made her furious and she didn't know why. 'Am I getting jealous?' She had that question in her mind but she still didn't know the answer.
 
Minho just thought of making a move as soon as possible. Before Onew or Jinki could steal Amber from him. But the thing was that Amber wasn't even his yet so Onew wasn't doing anything wrong.
 
"Take Jinri and Amber to their apartment, Onew." Jonghyun ordered.
"I'd love to." Onew pulled Jinri from Kibum and Taemin.
 
"I'll take them home!" Minho rushed to Amber's side.
"Eh, Minho. Your apartment's the other way. It's Soojung that you need to send home." Jonghyun said before he pulled Minho away. Minho was ruining his plans.
 
Jinri felt a little out of place. Onew and Amber were as if in their own tiny world. A world completely different from where they were living. She just smiled at the sight. Amber was able to bring out the cheerful side of Onew, the side that she liked but barely saw.
 
 
=^.^=
 
OMGosh Onew would make a cameo in a drama!!! Let me just express how excited I am!!! Aaaaahhhh!!!!!
Can't wait for our Puppy Jjong to recover and perform with our boys :)
 
xdorkyx
x