thirteen.

Two Faced Freak

 

Onew and Soojung were together the whole lunch break. Soojung wanted to talk to him about some things. Onew didn't know they were serious things so he kept smiling while Soojung had her serious face.
 
"Speak up, Soojung." He had his head on the table looking up at Soojung.
"I want to tell you something..." Soojung bit her lower lip.
"I know that."
 
He raised his head and sat up straight and looked passed Soojung so she turned her head. She saw Amber not far from them with her friends. She was also looking at them but she only smiled. Soojung gazed back at Onew and looked at his face expression.
 
"You've really fallen for her, huh?" Soojung asked.
"Is it that obvious?" He turned his eyes to Soojung.
"Why her?" Soojung had million questions in her head but that was the only thing that escaped .
"I'm not sure. Maybe, it has always been her. Maybe, it's because of Jjong's nonstop teasing through the years." He said but really, he wasn't sure. He knew there shouldn't be a particular reason to like someone.
 
"I've had a crush on Jinki for 4 years." She frankly stated that surprised Onew a little.
"And just a few weeks ago, I realized that I like Onew too." She continued and it surprised him even more.
"Do you think I'll have a chance?"
"We'll never know..." He simply answered. What was he to tell her? That he was thankful to her for feeling that way toward him, but he was sorry because he doesn't feel the same way. He couldn't hurt Soojung just like that.
 
"Well, tell me if you have thought about it." Soojung stood up and smiled before she left him.
 
...............
 
"I'm done!" Amber shouted swaying her last design in the air.
"Bravo!" Jinri applauded and walked toward Amber's table.
"Can I see them?" Jinri asked and Amber gave her three different colored folders.
"Green one is for boys, pink for girls and the red one, well, love..." She timidly said the last word.
 
Jinri looked at the green folder first. Most of the drawings reminded her of Onew. Then the pink folder where she saw every type of girls that Amber could think of. Lastly was the red folder. The designs were red and full of hearts in different shapes. Some even had some lovely couple drawing. Amber was obviously inspired.
 
"Are you done? I'm planning to submit them now." Amber asked and Jinri handed her the folders.
"For what exactly are those?" Up until then, Jinri didn't know what Amber's designs are for.
"A collection. On clothes, accessories, even shoes. For things that teens love." Amber explained.
"I'll totally buy a whole set." Jinri gave her two thumbs up.
"Can I come with you?" Jinri wanted to see Onew look-a-like.
"I'm gonna call Mr Lee. I'll ask him if I can bring you." Amber searched for Mr Lee's office number in her contact list and called.
 
"No, I'm sorry, Amber. We only let business partners and staffs go in our company." Jinki lied. He knew that if Amber brings Jinri with her, then he will have to lie to her too.
"Oh, what a pity. Okay. See you, Jinki." Amber hung up and frowned at Jinri.
"Sorry, Jinri. You can't come."
"Whatever. I don't like that Mr Lee anymore." Jinri pouted and walked out of the room. Amber put all the folders in her bag and went to the company.
 
....................
 
"I'm looking forward to working with you again in the future, miss Liu." Jinki shook her hand.
"Me, too."
"So is this goodbye?" Amber asked with worried eyes.
"Hopefully, not. I'm sure we'll see each other again. Maybe, you'll get to work here." Jinki was secretly hoping the opposite thing.
"Can I come and visit sometimes?" She gave him a dino smile.
"I guess you can." But he honestly meant no. He lightly patted her head like she was a little puppy. She giggled.
"I'm not a kid, you know."
"I know. But you're as cute as a kid... A boyish kid." Amber pushed his hand away.
 
"Goodbye, Mr Lee." She bowed a complete 90° and so did Jinki.
"Goodbye, miss Liu." Amber ran to him and hugged him.
"Amber, what are you doing?" Jinki stuttered.
"Hugging a friend... That helped me a lot." Amber let go of him and took off, but before she could leave his office, he called her.
 
"Wanna have lunch with me?" He asked her and she just bit her lower lip.
"My treat." He added and she smiled.
 
He brought her to a fancy Italian restaurant. He told her to order whatever she wanted but since she felt awkward being in that place, she just ordered lasagna.
 
As they eat, Jinki secretly watched her. In his mind, that would be the last time Jinki and Amber would see each other.
 
"I'll melt in no time if you don't stop that." Amber stated. Jinki didn't notice that he had been staring at her for a while so he snapped out of it.
"You're such a baby. You've got sauce on your face." Jinki grabbed the napkin and lightly wiped off the sauce.
"S-stop that." Amber blushed. She could feel her heart flatter. She just kept in her mind that that would be the last time she'd see him. She thought that she shouldn't feel that way toward Jinki when she already like Onew.
 
Jinki just hoped she wouldn't come back there. But he knew, in the future, she'd know everything. She'd figure it out all. She'd hate him. But he was hoping she'd understand though he didn't understand himself from doing that in the first place.
 
=^.^=
 
It's a short chapter. I know. Hope you liked it though.
I'm quite busy at school these days.
 
xdorkyx
x