five.

Two Faced Freak

 

After more than a week of being busy, Amber finally had time to relax. But before relaxing, she first organized her clothes including her dirty clothes she needed to bring to the wash-house. She checked her pants' pockets to see if she left any coins or anything important in them. Aside from finding few coins and a bubble gum wrapper, she also found the folded flyer for the art contest. She looked at the deadline and it happened to be the next day. She needed the money. Like really needed it. So she left her clothes on the floor, cleared her table and started thinking of a good design for that contest.
 
"Amber... What are your clothes doing on the floor?" Jinri came in the room with the clothes blocking her way.
"Hush, Jinri. I have to concentrate. Can you take them to the wash-house for me? Thanks." She said without taking her eyes of a blank white paper. Jinri peeked on what she was doing and shook her head when she saw the crumpled flyer aside.
"Good luck."
 
Amber didn't have dinner, she didn't watch TV. She wasn't able to enjoy her Friday night because of that contest. And what's worse was that nothing was entering her mind. Her mind must have been exhausted from all the school work she did that it wouldn't give her any good idea. She stayed up all night but was still dozing off to sleep. And there, an idea finally crossed her mind. Her hand started moving on its own like a true artist that she was. The idea she had was the way she imagined how she looked like while thinking of an amazing idea but in a more abstract way, more childish way. Her focus was on teens with immature minds like her and she found it interesting.
 
"Jinri, help me. I don't know where I'll submit this." Amber woke Jinri up. she had bags under her eyes that kind of scared Jinri.
"Calm down, Amber." Jinri rubbed her eyes.
"You should go to the company and submit it there." Jinri said before she lied down again.
"Right, right. I'm going." Amber ran to the door.
"Take a shower first!" Jinri shouted before she could open the door.
 
She rushed to the bathroom and took a really quick shower then dried her hair a little. Jinri entered the bathroom and put some BB cream on Amber's face covering her eye bags.
 
"You're ready to go."
"Thanks, Jinri."
"The design!" Jinri reminded her.
 
Amber rode the bus impatiently. It was close to midday and those office people might soon have their lunch so she needed to hurry or she'll have to wait for another hour or they wouldn't accept her design. She checked her bag as she went in the office making sure that she didn't lose it in the way when she suddenly bumped with someone that made her fall down on the white ceramic floor.
 
"I'm sorry." They said in chorus. She raised her head and saw a familiar face.
"Y-you..." Her eyes were wide opened.
"O-on... Onew..."
"Huh? Do I know you, miss?" The guy oddly asked her as he helped her get up.
"Have we met before?" He asked her another question and picked up her backpack for her.
"You're not..."
"What? I'm sorry, miss, but I have to go. I'll be late..." He fixed his tie before he bowed at her and walked away.
"W-wait!" She ran to him.
"I'm here to submit this. Do you know where or whom I should give this to?" She showed her design and looked at him worriedly. 
"I... Uh... You're quite lucky, miss. I'm in charge of this project. I'll keep it." Amber handed him her work and let him leave.
 
On her way back home, she kept thinking of the guy she bumped with. He looked like Onew, like a lot, but a lot cooler and better looking. But it wasn't Onew. He didn't even know her.
 
Jinki drove his car fast to the apartment. He hoped Jonghyun was there. He needed to talk to him.
 
"I'm going in 15 minutes, Jinki." Jonghyun just got out of the shower and was moving around the apartment half .
"I just did the stupidest thing I could ever think of." Jinki started following Jonghyun around the place.
"Stupider than having two identities?" Jonghyun mockingly asked.
"Yes... Amber. She was in the company earlier and... and... I pretended I didn't know her." Jinki answered scratching his head.
"W-what?" Jonghyun stopped moving and burst out in laughter.
"I'm serious, Jjong."
"That makes it even funnier." Jonghyun continued laughing.
 
"What should I do?" Jinki sat on the sofa and sighed.
"Tell her the truth."
"But I've already convinced her."
"Take back everything."
"Do you think it's that easy?"
"Hey, it's not my fault. Don't get mad at me." Jonghyun put on a shirt as he raised an eyebrow. And he was right. Jinki was really stupid for doing that. And he didn't even know why he did that.
 
"I'm going ahead. Bye, Jinki." Jonghyun continued teasing him till the moment he left.
 
He grabbed his phone and searched for Amber's number. He wanted to call her to tell her the truth but his fingers froze. He was hesitant. He didn't have the courage to tell her the truth so instead of calling Amber, he called Soojung. The next thing he knew, someone was ringing the doorbell.
 
"I didn't know I'll be meeting Jinki." Soojung entered the apartment and they sat down together on the sofa.
"Your friends with Amber right?"
"Uh... I guess... Why? Do you like her for real now?" Soojung creased her forehead. She hoped not.
"What? No. It's because she happened to be in the company earlier and she saw me and I kinda pretended I didn't know her and I don't know what to do. I couldn't tell her the truth. Not now." He said in a mouth full before he glanced at Soojung.
"Do you want me to keep it a secret?" Soojung knew where their conversation was going.
"I'll make sure it won't take long." He grabbed her hands.
"I can keep a secret but not for too long especially to Amber."
"Thanks." Jinki had his childlike smile and so did Soojung, or at least she tried.
 
"Want to help me choose the winner?" Jinki changed the topic. He didn't want Soojung to get bored with him.
"I'll take you to my office in the company." His infamous smirk showed.
"Are you serious?" She hugged him. She never really had the guts to go there on her own even if she does say she'll come.
 
They hang out in his office looking at all the works that the students submitted for the contest. They were all good but they haven't seen the best one yet. They were also laughing at the ridiculous ones. And with that, Soojung didn't know if she was with the rich or poor Jinki but she didn't care.
 
"Look at this one." Jinki pulled out the last one he received.
"Wow.  Pretty." Soojung commented with amazement.
"Amber made that." Without a doubt, the two chose Amber's work together.
Amber didn't really went home after submitting her work. She hung out with her friends first and played with them since she was already out and she knew Jinri wouldn't be home as well. But when she did plan to go back home, Minho called her to meet up with him. She got nothing to do anyway so she met up with him.
 
They had a walk in the park. It was getting dark, but they liked it. They weren't talking or anything but they were connecting through the silence. At times they would glance at each other and smile.
 
"So..." Amber broke the silence.
"Nothing... I was just really bored." Minho muttered.
"Ah, so you just call me whenever you're bored." Amber raised her eyebrows.
"No, of course not. I just really wanted to see you. That's all." Minho admitted and Amber's face just went red didn't know what to say.
"What did you do all day?" Minho asked so there wouldn't be another long moment of silence.
"I went to that Lee Industries company and submitted my design... Oh, there's that guy that... No, no, never mind." Amber thought she was making it big of a deal.
"Then I hang out with my friends then... Well i'm with you right now." She stuttered with her words.
 
"What about you?"
"Morning gym with Jjong. You wouldn't believe what he did though." Minho chuckled of the thought and only made Amber curious.
"Well, he called me after lunch to meet him. But I met someone else... A girl. It happened to be a blind date." Minho laughed thinking how ridiculous it was but Amber didn't think it was ridiculous.
"Did you go?" She hesitantly asked.
"Uh... Yeah... She seemed nice and I'd feel sorry for her if I didn't. I mean we were already there and I couldn't just—"
"I get it." Amber cut him off cos he was obviously nervous of answering that question though she didn't know why. Minho just regretted telling that to her. He likes her and he knows she likes him back.  And it just made their relationship that haven't even started yet worse.
 
There were tons of pretty girls out there but he chose her. He wanted someone who understand him, that would like him for him. And she was like that to him. She wanted the same things. But she didn't want to make the first move. Although they're in the 21st century, she's very old fashion when it comes to those things. She's a girl after all. But, the bad thing was that he haven't said anything to her yet. He was afraid to ruin their friendship when that friendship was the only thing they had left.
 
"See you." Minho waved at her as he walked away from her apartment.
 
Amber took of her shoes and searched for Jinri. She was in the kitchen preparing their dinner.
 
"Soojung's not here? That's strange." Amber started getting the bowls, spoons and chopsticks.
"I didn't meet her today. She's with Onew the whole afternoon. So I went to Jiyoung's." Jinri stated as she stirred the soup.
"Speaking of Onew. There was a guy that looked like him in that company earlier. Identical I tell you!" Amber exclaimed and sat at the table. She really wanted to tell that to someone.
"It wasn't Onew though. If that was Onew he'd recognize me but he didn't." Amber's mouth wouldn't shut even if she had started eating.
 
"Maybe that was his doppelgänger." Jinri finally said what she thought.
"Maybe... He's the complete opposite of Onew. He doesn't wear specs, he dresses in nice suits, his hair is up and shows his forehead. He looks so cool and smart at the same time. Plus, he looks so young to work in that company." Amber mumbled with the food in . She was pretty astonished alright.
"If Onew was that cool and good looking I'd probably really like him." She added pointing her spoon on Jinri and the younger girl just laughed that made her choke.
"You're quite choosy. Onew'a fine for me the way he is." Jinri said and drunk some water after choking.
"Well, same here... Wait... So you like him?" Amber stopped eating and looked at Jinri strangely. 
"Nonsense! You wish!" Jinri rolled he eyes and just focused on her food. But she does have a little crush on him. He's nice to her and he actually makes her laugh and to add was his soothing voice that she really liked. Too bad he didn't focus on singing.
 
Amber still couldn't sleep with the thought of Onew's "doppelgänger". She'd really rather think of that than Minho and his blind date. She'd rather get curious over weird stuffs like that and find out the answers on her questions. But still, she couldn't help but think of Minho's blind date. She couldn't help hut think that the girl might be really pretty unlike her. And that Minho might go out with her again. She switched her thoughts on the contest. She hoped she'd win even if she knew there were a lot more people that might be better than her. She didn't know that she was already the winner.
 
=^.^=
 
And Amber finally met Onew. hahah. yay!!!
 
xdorkyx
x
 
PS. SHINee's gonna come back without Jjong. I'm sad. It's not SHINee without the five of them.