six

Two Faced Freak

 

"Congratulations, Amber!" Onew cheered when he saw her coming his way in the halls.
"Huh? For what?" Amber furrowed her forehead obviously clueless.
"Oh, didn't you check the bulletin? Come with me." Onew pulled her to the campus bulletin.
"I won?!" Amber widened her eyes.
"You won!"
"I won. I won!" The two jumped in joy like two little kids winning a teddy bear in a fun fair but it was a lit better than that.
 
"You just have to go to the Lee Industries to get your prize then talk business with them." Onew massaged Amber's shoulders.
"How'd you know?" Amber oddly asked thinking of Onew's look-a-like.
"It's written there, silly." Onew pointed at the paper. They walked to the cafeteria and on the way there, Amber just needed to ask.
"Is it possible that you... You have a twin brother?" She bit her lower lip while he put his arm on her shoulder.
"A twin brother? I'm an only child." He replied squishing Amber's cheeks.
"Are you sure?" Amber ridiculously asked.
"Yes, I'm sure."
"It's just that there's a guy that looks like you in that company." Amber pouted and Onew laughed. 
"Ah, you like me too much Amber that you're hallucinating." Onew and so she elbowed him and ran to her friends.
 
"I won! I won!"
"Congratulations!" Everyone shouted and hugged her.
"I'd like to thank my family and friends especially Jinri who did my chores that night." She bowed to everyone.
 
"What are you going to do with the money?" Kibum raised his eyebrows.
"For sure, I wouldn't give it to you. But I haven't got it yet."
 
Onew sat next to Soojung. They smiled at each other knowing that they chose the winner.
 
Amber shyly entered the company. She didn't know where to go. She was to timid to ask the receptionist for direction or to ask who she needed to talk to. So she stood cluelessly in the corner of that big entrance and waited someone to talk to her.
 
"Are you miss Liu?" She turned her head when she heard her last name. It was that Onew look-a-like and she just can't help but stare at him.
"I'm guessing you are. You were that girl the other day." He said since she wouldn't move or anything.
"Let's talk in my office. Follow me." He ordered that brought her back to her senses and so she followed him.
 
She sat down on an empty seat in front of his table and then looked around. The room was big and there were abstract painting on the wall. The guy must have liked art.
 
"Here you go." He handed her an envelop where the money probably was.
"Thanks, Mr...."
"Lee. Call me Mr. Lee." He said and gave her a genuine smile.
"Mr. Lee. Thanks, Mr. Lee." Amber slightly bowed.
"If this logo attract a lot of people and if it works out well, we might give you more in the future, so if you can leave me any contact number, I'd really appreciate it." He said with his nice deep voice  and Amber was just staring at his lips at it moved.
"Contact number... Ah, yes. Do you have a phone?" Amber weirdly asked.
"A phone?"
"No, not a phone. A paper, I mean, to write on." Amber was getting way distracted on his face. He smiled and gave her a pen and a paper.
 
"I do have a question..." She started.
"Ask away."
"How did you know I'm a girl. You keep saying 'miss'. Most people think that—"
"I just know." He cut her off.
"You just know... Well, thank you so much again, Mr. Lee." Amber stood up and bowed and so he did the same.
"Thank you, miss Liu. Let me accompany you out."
 
Amber kept the money in a safe corner of her backpack hugging it as she went home. On the bus, she still can't stop thinking about that Mr. Lee. He talks oddly, so formally, but she likes it. She watches too much late night dramas that she came to like those office guys like Mr. Lee. Then, there was Onew. They look alike but at the same time they were so different.
 
"That couldn't be Onew." Amber shook her head.
 
When he got home, she was dancing with the envelop in her hands. Jinri and Soojung laughed at her. She looked crazy.
 
"I have some money and you don't. In your face!" She said as if she was insulting the younger girls.
"Just come here and play with us." Jinri invited her. They were watching TV. It was still a little early to make dinner so they watched some variety shows.
"Oh, Amber. Did you meet Onew's doppelgänger again?" Jinri asked remembering Amber's story that made Soojung looked at them with wide eyes.
"Yeah, I met him again. He seems a lot cooler than he looks like." Amber said imagining Mr. Lee's full body portrait and Soojung silently laughed at the side.
"Are you saying there's a cooler version of Onew?" Soojung joined in the conversation pretending she didn't know.
"Exactly!" Amber exclaimed.
"What's his name?" Jinri curiously inquired.
 
"Mr. Lee. I didn't get his full name. Lee... Oh my gosh! Isn't that company called Lee Industries? He might be the son of the president or the CEO or something!" Amber realized something crazy but true. Amber went on with her comment on Mr. Lee while Jinri listened attentively and Soojung pretended that she was listening too. She knew too many things.
 
Jinki was honestly hoping that he didn't have to meet Amber in the company. He was hoping that that would be the last time. He didn't want to lie to her anymore.
 
=^.^=
 
 
They meet again. Well, of course they will... for tons of times. haha
 
SHINee Why So Serious? coming so soon...
Hope to see Jjong too.
Then there's Taem who got married. hahaha
 
xdorkyx
x