nineteen.

Two Faced Freak
Jinki danced like a total retard when he entered his apartment. Jonghyun was sitting on the couch and just stared at Jinki really oddly.
 
"Kim Jonghyun!" He jumped on the sofa and hugged the younger boy.
"You made up with Amber?"
"Better than that. We're going on a date this weekend!" He exclaimed.
"Oh, wow. That's great, Jinki!" Jonghyun shook his hand as if he won a contest.
 
"But where should I bring her? I've never been on a date before." Jinki started worrying.
"You should take her to the cinemas." Jonghyun suggested.
"Cinemas? But we go there whenever we hang out." Jinki shook his head.
"A nice dinner, maybe, in a nice restaurant."
"I've brought her to a restaurant, too."
"Nice restaurant?" Jonghyun was talking about those big and sophisticated restaurant.
"Nice restaurant." And Jinki knew what he was talking about.
 
"Uh, I don't know. From what you're saying, I think you two are always on dates." Jonghyun was running out of ideas.
"You'll think of something, Majingki." Jonghyun patted his shoulder.
"So, if things work out with Amber, you won't leave anymore, right?" Jonghyun looked at Jinki's luggage by the bedroom door. But Jinki only shrugged.
"But I am really returning home. It's time for Onew and Jinki to become one. The real, plain Jinki should come back."
 
Jinki pulled his luggage down to where he parked his car. He was leaving that apartment that night. He was doing everything for Amber.
 
His mother was happy to see him back, officially back. And she honestly wished he wouldn't accept the offer in England.
 
"Where did you go, huh? You've never missed out work before, unless you're sick." His dad wasn't happy about it.
"I had my reasons, dad." He couldn't tell his dad about Amber. He couldn't talk to his dad about Amber. He preferred his mom. 
"I still want an explanation." His dad raised a brow.
"He won't do that again. Now, go away." His mom defended him from his dad.
 
"What made you come back here?" She asked Jinki as soon as his father left.
"It's because of that girl." Jinki smirked thinking of Amber.
"I want to show her the real me." He continued and looked at his mom.
"Why? I thought she doesn't like you."
"I thought so as well, but I was mistaken. She likes me too, mom." Jinki said and her mom held his hands.
"I'm happy for you, son."
 
Jinki picked Amber up that Saturday afternoon. Jinri told him to take good care of Amber and he said he would even if she didn't say so. Amber just followed him. She was clueless of his plans for that day.
 
"Oh my gosh, puppies!" She exclaimed entering inside a dog shop.
"I heard you like dogs." Jinki uttered and watched her play with the dogs. Amber didn't have problem with them. She likes dogs of any size and Jinki just couldn't stop admiring her.
 
"Play with us!" Amber called him as she held a chuaua. Jinki ran to her. He adores dogs too. They spent an hour there feeding them, playing with them.
 
"Not a bad start for an anti-social." Amber stated as they walked out the shop.
"I'm sure you'll love what's next." Jinki was so sure. He did prepare that day for Amber with everyone's advice.
"What do you want? Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Thai, Japanese or Korean?" He brought her to the market.
"Eh?" Amber didn't get him.
"I'll cook something for you. What do you prefer?"
"Korean's alright."
 
And they started finding the ingredients. Well, Jinki was. Amber was just helping her pick fresh veggies. Then they went to a near simple restaurant where the owner was a friend of Jinki. There he prepared their meal. Amber was the VIP of the day. She could see Jinki cooking from her seat and watching him was making her feel hungry.
 
"Bon appétit!" He sat next to her as he served their meal. There were kimchi stew, meat, spicy rice cakes, rice and kimbap. He wanted to give her choices.
 
"Try this." He took a spicy rice cake with his chopsticks  and tried to feed Amber, but of course, she was a bit embarrassed so she shook her head.
"Come on. Ah~" he just wouldn't quit so she had to accept his offer as quickly as she could.
"It's exquisite!" She said with her cheeks burning up.
"Ah~" Jinki opened his mouth. It was his turn. Amber pouted before she put a rice cake in his mouth. She really enjoyed their meal. Especially because Jinki made it.
 
"Ready for the last one?" He asked her and she nodded.
"My mom said I should bring you to your passion." He said before he held her hand pulling her inside an art gallery.
 
Amber's jaw dropped the moment they stepped inside. It was a display of her artworks. Like the ones she submitted to the Lee Industries, the ones she did at university, and the ones she had been keeping in her small yet full drawer. He let her admire her own work.
 
"People will come and see them tomorrow." She was really special so he thought she deserve such a big thing.
"Onew, this... This is too much." She said as she continued to look around.
"Too much? This is—"
"Oh, Onew." She turned around and faced him before she embraced him.
"I don't know what to say." She felt like crying because of too much happiness.
"Thank you is enough." He joked.
"Thank you so much!" She exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around her.
 
They sat down on the floor at the center of the gallery with bottles of milk tea in their hands.
 
"I really didn't know what to do for today so I had to ask for everyone's opinion." He started with a chuckle.
"Jinri and Soojung said you like dogs so I brought you to the dog house. We all know you love food so Kibum told me to cook you something. My mom advised to do something special connected to the things you love. So I ask a friend to do a one day art display for you. I had it prepared earlier so you'll get to see it first before anyone else." That was a mouthful of explanation but she didn't mind listening to him.
 
"What can you say about this day?" Jinki glanced at her as she took a sip from her bottle.
"Perfect. I've never imagined a first date like this before." She giggled.
"Have I ever told you you're really adorable?" Jinki asked her as he continued to observe her face.
"Mr Lee has." Amber couldn't forget that night when she had a crush on "Mr Lee" after saying such thing. Then it became quiet. Too quiet.
 
"Do you think we can do this again?" He asked as he played with the straw.
"I don't see any reason not to." She took another sip from her milk tea.
"You're not mad at me anymore?" Jinki furrowed his eyebrows.
"At Jinki the office man and Onew the student, yes, but the real you, no." She shook her head and slightly smiled. Then it became quiet again.
 
"Onew," then Amber called him so he turned his head to her, and the moment he did, she kissed him. He didn't expect it from her, but it made him happy. Right that moment he was sure that his heart was all hers, that he was hers. 
 
As soon as their lips parted, they both smiled.
 
"I'm not gonna run away from my feelings anymore. I'll stay here and face everything." She uttered and he just stared at her.
 
"Who do you want to be with? Jinki or Onew?" Jinki asked as they walked home together.
"Can't I have them both?" Amber pouted her lips.
"You're quite greedy, miss. But I guess I can be both." Jinki patted her head and she giggled.
"Thanks uh..." She didn't know what to call him. She felt stupid.
"Jinki, I still prefer my real name." He told her. He hated seeing her have a hard time on such small yet big thing.
"I prefer the name Jinki too."
 
=^.^=
 
Do you guys know that we're getting close to the ending? haha.
Still a little far, but we're almost there.
 
Who should end up with Onew for my upcoming new fanfic?
Krystal Jung
Sulli Choi
 
vote wisely. hahha
 
xdorkyx
x