eleven.

Two Faced Freak

 

"We're doing a whole collection. Can't you contact that student that made the design and ask her to work with us?" Siwon asked Jinki as they talked about the new project.
"Do I really have to?" Jinki had a doubt. It only meant that Amber would meet the office guy Jinki again.
"We need her Jinki. It's better to contact that girl than anyone else. Her design's already familiar to us." Siwon put his hand on his shoulder.
"I'll contact her immediately." He sighed and went to his office. He grabbed the phone and started dialing her number.
 
"Hello?" Amber answered her phone.
"Miss Liu?" He pretended that he didn't recognize her voice. 
"Yes?"
"Jinki speaking. Are you busy right now? If you're not, can you please pass by the company? There's something I'd like to discuss with you." Jinki spoke to her with his formal words.
"Now? Sure, I'll be there in 20 minutes." Amber was excited to go there again, but Jinki wasn't.
 
He waited for her at the entrance. He didn't want her to look all lost again though she looked adorable.
 
"Hello, Mr Lee! I mean Jinki!" Amber greeted him like they were good friends and he just tried his best not to laugh.
"Please, come this way." He brought her again to his office and she sat down on that same empty seat at his table.
"What's up?" Amber couldn't forget what he said that night, that she could talk to him like how she talks to her friends.
"Everyone in the company liked your design and we're currently planning to do a collection of clothes." He started still speaking with his business words.
"And the company wants to hire you as a temporary artist for this collection." He continued that surprised Amber
 "W-w..?" She couldn't speak.
"You just need to make other designs with any theme you could think of." Jinki couldn't help but adore her reaction.
 
"What do you say?" He waited patiently for her response letting her take in everything.
"Are you serious? You're kidding, right?" Amber covered and he just smirked at her. It was a huge thing for Amber. It only meant she'd earn a lot of money for a small work.
"I'd love to!" She exclaimed and almost wanted to hug him but stopped herself.
"So that was a yes?"
"Yes!"
 
"We're giving you two weeks to make as many designs as you can... If you're busy with schoolwork, we can give you few more days or another week."
"I'll try making some tonight then I'll show it to you tomorrow just to make sure that they're alright."
"Whatever you like, miss."
"Please call me Amber."
"Okay, Amber. I'll see you tomorrow then."
 
Amber ran out of the company happily and Jinki couldn't stop himself from giggling. He didn't remember Amber being that cute. Amber didn't make part of his past that much, but now, in his present, she's always there.
 
Jinki called her when he knew she was away from the company.
 
"Onew, I'm glad you called. Guess what?" Amber was still the first one to talk.
"Uh, you—"
 "Lee Industries offered me a job!" She was shouting didn't care if people were looking at her.
"That's great! So what's the job?" Onew stood up from his seat and looked out the window.
"Well, it a sort of part time job. I just need to make more designs. I'm sure I'll think of something." She was speaking so fast as if she knew korean well. She barely even stumbled with her words.
"I'm sure you'll do well."
 
"Can you come at my place tonight?" Amber hesitantly asked.
"Depends..." He answered trying to .
"I need inspiration." She stated.
"Are you saying I'm your inspiration?" Onew was just mocking her but he did wish he was.
"No. I just thought that you can give me ideas. Maybe you can help me." Amber explained. She didn't want him to think the wrong way.
 
"So?" Amber impatiently asked.
"Is 8 alright?" He asked back.
"See you!" Amber hung up.
 
Onew came a couple of minutes before 8. They had dinner with Jinri first before they actually started working. Jinri left them alone. She decided to spend the whole night in the bedroom and let the two work in the living room. 
 
Amber started moving her hand while Onew watched her work. She was so concentrated. Art was obviously her passion. He realized that just then.
Amber kept looking at him. She said she'd make a sort of logo inspired of his looks that made him a lot more curious so he would always move his face closer to her and her paper. She was covering the paper so he couldn't really see anything. He just kept moving his face closer and closer to the point that when she raised his head to look at him, the tip of their noses met. He moved his head backward.
 
"I'll look when you're done." He said with his voice shaking.
"Done." And hers was too.
 
She showed him her tiny artwork of him. He smiled. He may not be that good at drawing stuffs but he understands. All he saw was colors and he understood why.
 
"You should've just drawn a unicorn." He jokingly said.
"I wanted to but that wouldn't be you." She had a clear idea in her mind.
 
Now that she has started drawing about him, she thought that she should continue with him as her inspiration. It wouldn't hurt having him as her "model". He wasn't a bad model or anything in fact she thinks he's the best one.
 
"So you made me come for nothing?" Onew pouted. Well, he wasn't really doing anything there.
"No, no. Actually you're doing a great job." Amber was already on her third design of the night. And he was just there watching her. Watching her every move. She was making him curious.
 
He didn't know where everything was going. Where his mind was going. But everything just pointed at her. His eyes, his mind, even his dormant heart. She didn't know what was happening to her. But every time she looked at him, the more she was seeing a different him, but in the weirdest way she could see him. Even her heart was telling her something unusual. He was making her feel strange.
 
"These are great, Amber." He complimented her after looking at the designs that he had already seen the night before.
"Really? I thought they were a little plain." Amber didn't really think so. She honestly thought that were the best ones she had ever made.
"Plain? They're really great. This boy in your designs... Is he your boyfriend?" He asked half-jokingly that took Amber by surprise.
"Huh? No, he's just... A friend... A great one." She shyly answered.
 
"Oh, he looks like you. Like literally." She added.
"Does he?" Jinki asked as if he was really weirded by it.
"Yup. Look, I took a photo of him last night." Amber grabbed her phone and showed him the photo she secretly took while he was playing with his phone. And it surprised Jinki.
 
"He's quite dorky but adorable kind of dorky." She said biting her lower lip with a slight smile.
"Ah, so you like him?"
"You're getting too personal, Jinki." She took back her phone and put it back in her pocket.
"Am I? Even as your friend."
"We're friends?" Amber looked at him oddly.
"By now, I thought we are..." Jinki pouted his lips.
"Oh, yeah, I guess. But some things are still too personal. I'll leave now, Jinki." She stood up and slightly bowed.
"Goodbye." She took a few steps to the door before she turned around and took a quick photo of him.
"I just need to show this to that friend."
 
=^.^=
 
Amber and Jinki are now friends. haha.
While Amber and Onew... hmmm...
comments :)
 
xdorkyx
x