twenty two

Two Faced Freak
He didn't drive her home though. He brought her to somewhere nice and quiet, to the park, to the darkest part of the park where no one could see them.
 
"What is it?" Amber asked him. She knew there was something wrong.
"Are you breaking up with me?" She worriedly asked.
"No, no! I wouldn't dare! It's the complete opposite actually." He responded as he shook his head.
"Huh? Are you going to ask me to marry you?" Amber had so many crazy ideas in her head.
"You're going too far, Amber Liu." He glared at her and she just giggled.
 
"I love you..." He murmured that shocked Amber.
"I know it's a little too early to say such thing but that's how I feel. I know it has only been almost two weeks since we've started dating but I felt like I've liked you for so long that now I just think I love you and there's so many things th—"
"I think I love you too." She cut him off. He was saying to many things obviously from nervousness so she had to stop him with her sweet reply.
 
"Yeah, a bit too early for that word but I'm feeling the same way." Jinki just kept blinking. He couldn't believe Amber would say that. He thought she'd run away or even worse, she'd break up with him after telling her those three words but he was wrong.
 
"So why are you telling this to me?" She knew he had other reasons.
"Amber, you see, my dad told me there's a scholarship offer for me in England," he paused and looked up at the night sky.
"I still haven't decided whether to go or not... If you stop me then I wouldn't go, if not, then there wouldn't be a reason for me to stay here." Jinki only wanted to know what she thinks. He didn't care about his friends or what they say. The only thing that mattered was her words.
 
"Wouldn't it be selfish of me to ask you to stay?" She didn't want him to go, not when he had become so important to her.
"Wasn't it selfish of me to only care about what you want?" Jinki asked back.
"Will you really stay if I ask you to?" Amber asked a little bit hesitant. She still thought that she was not in the position to stop him.
"Try asking again." He said half- joking. She had not really asked him directly yet.
 
"Will you stay... For me?" She sweetly asked with her shaking voice.
"Definitely, I will." He nodded his head and kissed her forehead.
 
"I love you." He repeated those three tiny yet big words.
 
Jinki talked to his dad that night. He didn't really want to go to England but he still wanted Amber to be one of his reasons to stay and not to go.
 
"Just because of that boyish girl? Really, Jinki?" His dad couldn't believe what he was saying.
"It's not just because of her, dad. I didn't want to go in the first place. I like it here. In few months, I'm going to graduate and then I can focus on my work." Jinki explained trying his best to convince his dad.
"It's a once in a lifetime chance, Jinki."
"I know that, dad. But I prefer staying here. One or two month vacation would be fine but 3 years... I don't think I can do that." Jinki didn't want to disappoint his dad. Ever since he was a child, he had always tried to make his father proud. He thought that refusing that huge offer wasn't something bad. In fact, he wanted to prove that even without that offer, he would be able to make his father proud of him.
 
"But if that girl ruins our future plans..." He pointed his point finger at Jinki.
"It's not like I'm gonna marry her." Jinki chuckled.
"Exactly. You're not gonna marry her or anything but you still declined the offer because of her." His dad wiggled his point finger.
 
"She looks like a nice girl. She's very talented, too." His dad suddenly stated and so Jinki looked at him strangely.
"Are you talking about Amber? 'My' Amber?" Jinki asked oddly.
"She cares a lot about you. She waits almost every night for you outside the company and today she even brought you some dinner." His father muttered with a crooked smile.
"Are you spying on her, dad?" Jinki was just joking. He was more relaxed. His dad seemed to be happy talking to him. Maybe, Amber was right about him, that he was just messing with Jinki.
"Well, of course. You two are just starting. It'll change in few months." His dad chuckled and he snorted.
"I guess... you like her... for me, I mean." Jinki was hoping his dad would gave him an answer.
"We'll see in the future." His dad stood up and left him.
 
His dad was once in his age as well. He experienced falling in love too that's why he knew what Jinki was feeling so he let his son experience it too. He knew there'd be other offers for him. He's an intelligent young man and he trusts him.
Jinki honestly thought his dad wouldn't get him. Because he thought his dad only cared about work. But after that tiny chat, he realized that he could open up to him too, not just to his mom. He realized that his father understands him too. Maybe his father was just waiting for him to approach him and ask for his advice or talk about Amber.
 
"I talked to my dad..." He said softly. It was really late and everyone was asleep in his house.
"What did he say?" Amber was really curious.
"He said I should marry you." He lightly laughed.
"Jinki... Serious conversation, please." She couldn't help but giggle a little.
"Nothing... He seemed alright about my decision. Maybe he already knew my answer." He answered.
 
"Did he say something about me? I feel like he did." Amber kinda knew that Jinki brought her up as a topic too.
 
"Well, he likes you. In fact, he even complimented you earlier."
"Yes, my seaweed roll trick worked!" She cheered.
 
"Amber, go to sleep!" Jinki heard Soojung's voice through the phone.
 
"I'll tell my dad that you planned it all." Jinki said with an evil laugh.
"No, don't!  I was kidding!" She kept shouting.
 
"Amber Liu!" This time, it was both Soojung and Jinri.
 
"Good night, Amber." Jinki wouldn't stop laughing.
"G'night!"
 
=^.^=
 
short, right?
comments? hihi. I'm telling you again, we're coming close to the end.
Jjong and Onew didn't visit Taem and NaEun on WGM. I ship Taem and NaEun. hahah
 
xdorkyx
x