twenty three.

Two Faced Freak
"Dad asked me to invite you to have dinner with us." Jinki said as he caught up with Amber through the hallway.
"Stop your dad jokes, Jinki." Amber rolled her eyes. 
"I'm not joking. He really wants you to have dinner with us tonight." Jinki grabbed her right hand. 
"No... I don't want to. It'll be... No, I'll be so awkward I won't be able to talk." Amber pouted as she took a grip on his arm. 
"I already told him I'll bring you." Jinki stuck his tongue out and ran away from Amber. 
"You'll pay, Lee Jinki."
 
...
 
Jinki picked up Amber from her apartment. Amber couldn't stop breathing in and out on their way. She was so nervous. Sure, she had met both of his parents, but she couldn't imagine herself sitting at a table, eating in front of them.
 
And there she sat next to Jinki at their table in their big kitchen in front of Jinki's parents. Jinki couldn't stop himself from smiling and chuckling. He was making fun of Amber and he had no plan to stop any time soon.
 
"Stop that." Amber whispered.
"No." Jinki whispered back. 
 
"So, Amber," Jinki's father suddenly spoke up. 
"Yes, sir?" Amber turned her head to him. 
"I heard you're majoring in arts." 
"That's right, sir. Arts has always been my passion." She tried her best not to give them short answers. 
"You should teach our Jinki. I've seen his drawings. They haven't changed since he was 6." Jinki's dad said and they all laughed except for Jinki, of course.
"I'll take that as a compliment." Amber joked as she looked at Jinki.
"You're all picking on me." Jinki frowned like a little kid.
"Oh, poor baby." Amber frowned as well but ended up laughing. That moment, she knew he was being "Onew", the cute and dorky Onew.
 
"Does he always act like this when he's with you? I don't think I can take it." Jinki's dad covered his face with his palms that made them all burst to huge laughter.
 
"I'll get the cake that Amber brought." Jinki's mom stood up and took the cake out from the box. She sliced it before she served it to the laughing people at the table.
 
...
 
"Do you like watching movies?" Jinki's dad kept asking Amber questions even after their meal.
"Of course, sir." She answered with a smile.
"We do, too." But Jinki's dad was having too much fun joking around with her.
"Except for this young man here." He patted Jinki's shoulder.
 
"I love watching movies now, dad!" Jinki exclaimed.
"Oh, really? Since when?" His dad raised his eyebrows.
"Since Amber happened." Jinki responded while Amber blushed.
 
"I bought a great DVD earlier. Why don't you watch it with us, Amber?"
"I'd love to, sir."
 
Amber liked Jinki's family. She felt welcomed in their home and even in their family. She thought they'd hate her or something like that, but no, they accepted her. They were open to weird people like her, probably because their son was a bit weird as well. They probably didn't have any idea about what he used to do. About his double identity, about Onew that they most likely didn't know. Or maybe they just didn't notice that side of him.
 
"Onew's quite hyper today." Amber giggled on their way to her apartment. 
"I just feel too comfortable when you're around." Jinki said with a smile as he drove.
"Did you have fun?" He asked. 
"I didn't think I would but I did." She grinned showing her white teeth.
"I'm glad to hear that... Just... Don't be surprised one day if they ask you to be my wife." He joked and she hit his right arm.
"I'm driving, miss Liu!" He exclaimed.
"Sorry," she frowned and he just chuckled.
 
"Drive home safely." Amber didn't let him get off his car.
"I will. Good night."  Jinki waved at her.
"Go." Amber said since he wouldn't start his car.
"No, you go in first." He refused. 
"No, I'll go in as soon as you leave." She shook her head.
"No, go in first then I'll drive away." 
 
They went on like that for a minute or so.
 
"Ah, whatever..." Amber stumped her feet and turned around.
"Now, walk inside." Jinki said as he watched her.
"Night!" She lose. Jinki drove away.
 
...
 
"Don't tell me you got engaged to Onew?" Jinri had her hands on her waist as Amber entered the apartment. 
"No... I got engaged to Jinki." Amber joked but Jinri believed it.
"What?! I'm gonna tell Soojung!" Jinri grabbed her phone but Amber stopped her before she could dial Soojung's number.
"I was kidding, Jinri! I just had dinner with Jinki's parents and watched a film with them. That's it. You're exaggerating." Amber laughed. She was so happy. Probably too happy but Jinri didn't mind. She liked that the boyish girl is happy cos it makes her happy too. 
 
"Did you like your date with Minho?" Amber asked as she took of her hat and jacket.
"H-how...? You planned the blind date with Jonghyun, didn't you?" Jinri squinted her eyes and Amber giggled.
"Ah, you dinosaurs! How many times did I tell you I don't like Minho in that way." Jinri glared at Amber.
"Oh sure, that's what you always say. I told you, I don't mind it. I don't like Minho anymore." Amber kept teasing the younger girl.
 
Jinri thought that she shouldn't be too glad about Amber being bubbly and happy, but then again, the boyish girl was just having fun. And she understood that Amber would most likely mess up with her because she is like a sister to her and she likes fooling around with her sister.
 
"Amber..." Jinri uttered after they lied down on their beds.
"Hmm?" Amber pulled her blanket.
"We'll be flatmates for a long time, right?" Jinri turned her her to Amber.
"Isn't 4 years long already?"
"No, I mean, in the future. You'll only leave this apartment when you get married." Jinri was being a kid again.
"Huh? But that'll probably be in ten years' time." Amber chuckled.
"So? I just wanna live with you and no one else." Jinri grinned like a cute little child.
 
"I think you need to sleep, Jinri. You're tired." Amber closed her eyes.
"You can marry Onew in the near future if you want. But he have to move in with us. You can't move out." Jinri wouldn't stop talking.
"Jinri, We've only been dating for 3 weeks. Stop it with your ridiculous thoughts and sleep. I won't be leaving this apartment soon so stop worrying." Amber didn't know why Jinri suddenly brought up such topic.
 
"Amber..." She called her again.
"What is it?"
"Can I sleep next to you?"
 
Amber turned her head and saw Jinri standing by her bed with a pillow. Amber gave Jinri some space and let her sleep next to her.
 
=^.^=
 
I don't like having antagonists in my stories that's why I didn't make Onew's father mean. I want him to be cool.
Sometimes mean guys/girls are needed too.
just saying :)
two chapters to go
 
xdorkyx
x