fourteen

Two Faced Freak

 

Jinri really wanted to meet Mr Lee. But when she heard from Amber that her business with the company was over, she lost hope.
 
She stood in front of the Lee Industries. It was bigger than she thought it was. It was humongous. 
 
She made plans with Soojung that day but before going to their meeting place, she decided to go to the company. She was hoping she'd see Mr Lee. Just out of curiosity.
 
"Hey, Jinri." Jinki greeted her as he passed by her on his way inside the company.
"Onew?!" Jinri exclaimed that stopped him from walking remembering that Jinri didn't know about his real identity. He wanted to escape from her especially that moment when he was Jinki.
"You're Mr Lee?!" Jinri wasn't moving.
"H-hey..." He turned around and faced her.
 
He took her inside his office and there he told her everything. Jinri just had her jaw dropped the whole time as she listened to Jinki's explanation.
 
"How... How in the world...?" She didn't know what to say.
"I'm sorry, Jinri." He apologized.
"But what about Amber? She still doesn't know, does she?" Jinri didn't care about being lied on. She only cared about her friend who'd get hurt in the end.
"She won't see Jinki ever again."
"But you do know she'll figure it all out one day and th—"
"I know, Jinri. I know." He cut her off. He knew what he got into and he didn't need Jinri to emphasize everything.
 
"Is it true that you like her? Soojung told me." Jinri wanted to make sure
 "I do." Jinki nodded his head.
"Promise me you would never hurt her." She glared at him and he nodded.
"I promise." Jinri sighed and stood up.
 
"Come here and give me a hug." Jinki spread his arms.
"No, I'm still mad at you for not telling me." Jinri turned her back and put her arms together.
"Don't be a baby and come here." He went closer to her.
"To get this over with." Jinri rolled her eyes and embraced him.
 
"It's our secret, okay?" He whispered.
"From our friends? No. From Amber? Yes." Jinri pulled away.
"I'm going. I'm supposed to meet Soojung half an hour ago. She'll get mad at me for sure." She picked up her bag from the chair.
"Don't worry. I'll call her and tell her what happened."
"You should! Bye."
 
Jinri heaved a sigh when she got out of the company. She didn't know if she made the right decision for coming there in the first place. She found out something incredible but at the same time it was something wrong. Onew or Jinki, whoever she saw in that office, was doing something incredibly wrong, that's for sure. But if he does like Amber, then he should tell her the truth as soon as possible or else. Amber will surely get hurt in the end.
 
..............
 
"Remember that day when I introduced you to Onew?" Soojung asked Jinri as they sat down on a bench in the department store.
"We were high school freshmen. He introduced himself as Onew." Jinri recalled that day.
"I knew it wasn't his real name but if he wanted to be called like that, then okay." Jinri added.
"You should try to understand him. Actually, now that I think about it, Jinki and Onew are not different. They're quite the same, not just physically, but even their personalities. I guess, because of Amber, their differences are now colliding." Soojung stated with a smile forming on her face.
"That's why, maybe, I started feeling something for Onew too... Cos... Jinki and Onew are becoming one." Soojung realized everything just then. She thought that she should be thankful to Amber. If it wasn't for her, Jinki would probably stay as Jinki and Onew would be Onew forever.
 
"I have a crush on Onew too. But now, I'm just confused." Jinri admitted and Soojung laughed.
"I'm guessing when you saw Jinki, you got mesmerized."
"He is quite good looking. I mean, the hot version of Onew." Jinri giggled and so did Soojung.
"I know, right?"
 
Jinri brought Soojung to their apartment. They wanted to make dinner together and maybe share it with Amber who never really touches the stove.
 
"Ah, yes. 94ers preparing my dinner." Amber ran to the kitchen and sat at the table.
"You wish." Soojung smirked.
 
"Where were you?" Jinri asked as she sat at the table beside Amber.
"With my friends." Amber answered as she grabbed a slice of meat.
"Not with Onew?"
"I texted him earlier. He said he had to work till 8." Amber pouted.
"Ah, someone's upset cos she couldn't hang out with Onew." Soojung .
 
"Tell me, Amber. Have you fallen for Onew?" Soojung sat in front of her.
"You've completely lost your mind." Amber put a spoonful of rice in .
"Have I?" Soojung raised her eyebrows.
"I heard you, Amber. That night when you were making your designs with Onew." Jinri joined Soojung.
"What did you hear?" Amber curiously asked.
"Oh, nothing. Just... Onew, you're quite cute up close... I think I like you." Jinri repeated the exact words that Amber said that night with the same tone as how Amber said it. Amber widened her eyes and covered Jinri's mouth.
"You heard it wrong!" She denied and Soojung just laughed.
"Jjong's right all along. Pairing you two up." Soojung said with a chuckle. She needed to accept everything. That she had no chance with Jinki, not even with Onew.
 
"I'm gonna tell Onew." Soojung stuck her tongue out.
"Don't you dare, Jung Soojung!" Amber exclaimed as Soojung grabbed her phone.
 
"Hello, Onew?" Soojung started.
"I've got a secret to tell you." Soojung said smirking at Amber.
"Amber here..."
"Give me that!" Amber grabbed Soojung's phone.
"What was that, Amber?" Amber heard Onew's voice through the phone. Soojung wasn't faking it. She was really on the phone with Onew.
"N-nothing. Soojung's prank calling you." Amber glared at Soojung.
"Is she having dinner at your place?"
"Unfortunately, yes." She answered jokingly.
"Why didn't you invite me?" Onew asked with a sad tone.
"You were at work. We didn't want to disturb you." And before she knew it, she stayed on the phone with Onew for quite a while.
 
"Amber, your dinner's getting cold!" The younger girls shouted from the kitchen.
"Oh, right. I need to finish my dinner first. Talk to you later." Amber said while Onew chuckled.
"Enjoy your dinner." When Amber sat at the table again, Soojung and Jinri were already done eating. They were giggling as if they were teasing Amber, and they were.
"Stop it, you two!" Amber ate her dinner fast.
 
Amber was as red as a tomato as she had dinner. The two were just watching her and were doing some act. Jinri pretending to be Onew while Soojung was pretending to be Amber. They were having too much fun mocking her.
 
................
 
"Jinri..." Amber called her as she sat up on her bed. She could 't sleep for no particular reason.
"Hmm?" Jinri was facing the wall.
"About Onew..." Amber paused and Jinri finally turned her body around to face Amber.
"Don't tell me it's just a little crush cos I wouldn't fall for that." Jinri warned her and she just chuckled.
"You're right. It's not just a little crush. It's probably a little more than that." Amber admitted with a smile.
"What about Minho?" Jinri felt weird bringing up Minho.
"I don't know. I haven't really thought about him for a while."
"Because you've only been thinking of Onew for the past few weeks." Jinri said half-jokingly since it was the truth.
"Maybe... You don't like Minho anymore." Jinri then said.
"Maybe..." Amber shrugged then she threw a pillow at Jinri.
 
=^.^=
 
Now Jinri found out. Oh no.
The next chapter would be one of my favorites. :)
wait for it.
 
xdorkyx
x