Chapter 8

You, Whom I Left Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaejoong keeps looking at Changmin in disbelief. It doesn’t make any sense for him, why Changmin’s here in the late night like this. And it also doesn’t make any sense, why Changmin can guessed it right, that Jaejoong’s the one there. Changmin just smiles and walks towards Jaejoong quietly.

“How- How did you know it’s me?” Jaejoong asked.

“I was walking around because I can’t sleep,” Changmin answered and stopped his walk, “Whe I suddenly heard someone’s mumbling by himself.”

“I- What?!” Jaejoong said, practically shouted to be exact, after hearing what Changmin’s said.

“You’re. Mumbling. Jaejoong,” Changmin repeated himself.

“It can’t be! What did I say?” Jaejoong asked again.

“Well, you said something like ‘I shouldn’t be jealous. I can’t’,” Changmin answered after thinking for a while. Realizing that Jaejoong feels so nervous because he just let the weird sound out from his mouth, Changmin chukcles. “Why? You feel ashamed?”

Jaejoong just looks at Changmin with a widdened eyes.

“It’s not something you should feel ashamed,” Changmin said again with a smile, “It’s a good thing to feel jealousy towards Yunho-Hyung that’s talking to women. It’s quiet normal, actually.”

“What if it’s not Yunho?” Jaejoong asked in curious, trying his best to hide his embarrassed face.

“Then you shouldn’t,” Changmin answered right away.

Jaejoong’s just lowering his head, doesn’t know what to say. Getting no replies, Changmin then comes closer to Jaejoong again. Jaejoong’s turning his head to Changmin’s direction again, when he heard sound of footsteps. Changmin’s having a hard time to put himself right beside Jaejoong, since he still not used with the surrounding around him. Hastily, Jaejoong gets up and helps Changmin to sit down. After he’s sure that Changmin sits comfortably already, he backs to sit beside Changmin.

“Thank you,” Changmin said, “So, what are you doing here alone? Where’s Yunho-Hyung?”

“He’s sleeping,” Jaejoong answered, “And I just can’t sleep.”

“Why?” Changmin asked.

“It’s because something...” Jaejoong said, “And it’s never been easy for me to sleep. I think it’s because I know I’ll get another dream, or flashback about the past to be exact.”

“Is that so?” Changmin finally said, after stays in silent for a moment, “What’s your dream like?”

“Well it’s not that clear,” Jaejoong answered while trying to remember about his dream, “I only keep hearing a boy that calls my name over and over again. I never know how he looked like, or what his name is. It’s so blurred.”

Changmin’s sighing, feels a bit relieved about that. “Do you want to know it?” Changmin asked, “Do you want to know your past? Every details why you’re losing your memory and how’s your life before you lost it?”

“Of course!” Jaejoong answered confidently, even though he doesn’t get what Changmin want, “Who doesn’t want to know about their past?”

“But what if they’re bad memories? What if it’s better to forget about your past?” Changmin asked again, “Do you still want to have it? If the memories better remains unknown?”

Jaejoong’s thinking for some moments. “Yes, I still want to know about that,” Jaejoong said again, “I want to know what’s really happened. Why did my parents not there when I need them? Why is there no one fetching me up at the hospital? Or who’s the people that I missed? At least if I know they were abandoning me, I’ll live happily in my new life.”

“I understand what you meant,” Changmin replied, “Even though I wish you’ll satisfied with your life now, without caring about the past memories... I don’t have the right to say so. But can you promise me a thing?”

Jaejoong stays in silent, waiting about what the promise is.

“Someday. Someday, when you get your memories back, please don’t leave Yunho-Hyung,” Changmin said, “Please stay with him, no matter what happen.”

“Why should I?” Jaejoong asked hesistantly, “Do you... know something about my past?”

Changmin just smiles. “It’s called to be on guard before something happens.”

“But- You two were so weird today!” Jaejoong complained, since he doesn’t know how to answer Changmin’s question, “Why did you and Yunho ask the same question? Were you two teamed up?”

“Yunho-Hyung asked the same questions?” Changmin said with amused feeling.

“Yeah, why?” Jaejoong said.

“Nothing,” Changmin answered with a small smile, “Because it seems that you won’t answer my question... Please at least remember this, Jaejoong. Please remember what Yunho-Hyung did for you when there’s no one around you.”

“Okay,” Jaejoong answered weakly.

After that, both of them just remain in silent, trying to enjoy the night breeze and view. Changmin does know, from Jaejoong’s short and weak answer, Jaejoong didn’t want to talk further about that anymore. And Jaejoong feels relieved, when Changmin seemed get his message and stop talking about that matter.

“Can I ask something from you?” Changmin asked all of sudden.

“Yes?” Jaejoong answered while looking at Changmin.

“Can I touch your face?” Changmin asked again with a soft smile, “I want to feel... you, and I want to know your face, Jaejoong.”

“What?!” Jaejoong screamed in shock. Jaejoong’s heart thumps faster, and he can feels his face becomes hotter, after hearing what Changmin said.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to,” Changmin said with a shrug, taking Jaejoong’s reaction as a no.

“No. No, I didn’t mean that I don’t want to,” Jaejoong replied quickly.

Changmin smiles happily, hearing Jaejoong’s words. Then, he’s extending his hands to Jaejoong. “So, from which part I have to start touching you?” he asked.

Hesistantly, Jaejoong holds Changmin’s hand and brings it nearer to his face. Slowly, Jaejoong puts both of Changmin’s palms at his cheek. Aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter