Chapter 21

You, Whom I Left Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A swarm of the little kids were immediately running out from their classroom; once the bell has rung out- and once the beautiful man in front of the class has stated that the lesson was ended. However, between them there was still one girl who had difficulty in wearing her buttoned jacket. Fortunately for her, the beautiful man saw that and kind enough to help her buttoning it. Not only that, he also picked her hat from the floor and tidied it up.

“Here’s your hat, Yoobin,” he said, making the girl wore it nicely on her head. “Wear this first before you’re going out, my cute student.”

“Thank you, Jaejoong-Songsaenim,” said Yoobin with a sweet giggle as she covered shyly.

“Who’ll pick you up? Your umma or appa?” asked Jaejoong afterwards, voluntary extending his hand towards Yoobin so that the girl could hold his hand.

“Appa,” Yoobin answered lightly as she followed Jaejoong’s steps towards the outside. Once Yoobin has reached the outside and found her father, she was unintentionally releasing Jaejoong’s hand and running towards the latter. Thankfully she noticed her doing afterwards, as she turned around to bid a farewell to Jaejoong again. “Yoobin is going home, Songsaenim! See you tomorrow!”

Jaejoong smiled back and waved his hand, looking at Yoobin until she has finally gone from his sight. Soon after that, he was letting out a long and deep sigh. After all, it has been a tiring day for him; just like the other days of his life as a teacher. At first it seemed to be hard for Jaejoong, considering that he hasn’t known any children back there with Yunho. He was simply blank, didn’t know what he had to do with them. But now, he was capable as the teacher; enough to be favorite for some students.

Jaejoong walked into the classroom once more and sat down at one of his student’s chairs near the window, staring at the bright sky out there. Jaejoong never realized how fast the time has passed by. It felt like yesterday, when Jaejoong was packing his things out from Yunho’s; when he was watching from afar how Changmin would be gone, and how he was crying all by himself since living alone was too lonely. At the time, Jaejoong couldn’t imagine how he would pass those moments and smile like he did right now; after more than a year.

Or to be more precise, after 408 days;
408 days of living as a teacher and Kim Jaejoong.

Yes; Jaejoong did remember how many days have passed since the day. Not because he intentionally wanted to be reminded on how hurtful he was at that day, but he just had his own way to do things; the way which most people could probably not understand. Jaejoong has made a promise to himself that he wouldn’t contact Changmin in any way he could before it settled down at the 500th day.

Jaejoong was indeed missing Changmin way too much. If he just followed what he wanted to do, he would have already bought a ticket to catch Changmin up. However, Jaejoong knew that wouldn’t be good; for him or Changmin. He hasn’t proven anything yet- at that time, not that he felt he was good enough for Changmin now. But when Jaejoong was faced with the 500th day target in front of him, he at least worked even harder to live better; to live well independently- and sometimes lending the others a hand whenever he could.

Jaejoong jumped on his place in surprise, soon when he has heard a ring from his phone. Hurriedly, he was standing up and running towards his bag at the front side of the classroom. He rummaged his bag to pull the phone out, immediately reading the caller ID for a second. Though, what was shown there making Jaejoong smiled and frowned at the same time. He didn’t know why the other person was making a call on him, but he didn’t mind it at all- happy even.

Still with his excited smile, Jaejoong finally sat down on the table and picked the call up.

“Yunho,” he greeted melodiously. “What’s up? Is there any problem? That’s so rare of you to call me in the middle of afternoon like this.”

Jaejoong could hear Yunho chuckled upon the question. “There’s nothing,” he replied. “Just thinking whether you have a spare time to meet me up? I’m going to go around that area.”

“That’s great, I’ve been missing you too,” Jaejoong answered excitedly while taking his agenda out to read the schedule of today. “Let’s see… seems that I have no afternoon class today, Yunho. Then I’m all free. Where do you want to meet?”

“I’ll see you at your place,” Yunho said, before suddenly sounded nervous. “Can I bring someone else over as well? I happened to have another person here.”

“That’s not a problem,” Jaejoong said while raising his eyebrows, having a guess on who it might be already. “Who is it? Is she Jieun?”

Yunho seemed to be surprised with the question for a second, laughing awkwardly upon the words. “No. That’s… not her,” he answered again. “Jieun needs to meet Yoochun’s parent, talking about the marriage plan. Besides, I don’t have to ask you if it’s her. We’re all way too close one with another- along with Yoochun too of course…”

“Sure,” Jaejoong said back with another laugh. “Putting aside the fact that both of you seem to have your own language and world together. I think Yoochun has a suspicion on you.”

Even though he couldn’t see Yunho, he was sure that the other was rolling his eyes lazily upon the statement. “No way,” Yunho muttered. “We’re friends; and that’s it. What suspicion, seriously.”

Jaejoong smiled softly as he let the silence drowned him for a moment. “I… want you to reach your own happiness, Yunho. After all you’ve done,” he finally blurted out. “You deserve it and- and I can’t give that to you; not with this strong feeling on… well, you know who.”

Yunho didn’t answer for a while, making Jaejoong afraid; in case he has said it wrongly. But when he was about to ask whether Yunho was still there or not, the latter spoke out again. “It is fine,” he said. “I’m getting over you already. Don’t worry anymore.”

“Are you-?”

“You should take care of yours first, Jaejoong,” cut Yunho all of sudden; with another laughter.

“I still have a long way to go; more than three months more,” Jaejoong replied with a chuckle. “But Yunho, you always-”

“Sorry, I have to drive now,” Yunho said, once again cutting Jaejoong’s words just like that. “See you, Jaejoong. We can continue the chat at your place, okay? I’ll be there… around twenty minutes later.”

The call was turned off soon after that. But even that so, Jaejoong was still staring at his phone for a moment. He wondered what was happening with Yunho, since at the last seconds the latter seemed to be weird- at least for him.

Jaejoong did live by his own self, but that didn’t mean he has lost his contact with Yunho. They often talked with each other now and then; and sometimes Yunho would also visit Jaejoong’s place- along with Jieun and Yoochun once a while. In most of those times, Jaejoong took his chance to ask about Yunho’s feeling on him. Sure it might be not inconvenience for Yunho but Jaejoong needed to know how it was for Yunho. The fact that in these times Yunho always said that there was something left and he was still in the middle of it; yet today he said that he’s getting over Jaejoong already, which was way too weird for Jaejoong.

***

Jaejoong was slumping himself down on the couch after he has tidied his place up a little bit. Since he had no idea on who the other person Yunho was talking about, Jaejoong felt really nervous right now. He was worried; thinking that he might by any chance do stupid things in front of the other. He knew that Yunho wouldn’t bring strangers into his place, which meant this new person was someone special for Yunho. Thus, Jaejoong didn’t want to ruin the new relationship of Yunho.

Jaejoong immediately stood up and ran towards the door, as soon as he could hear a sound of door bell. He opened the door excitedly, ready to greet Yunho and his new supposedly partner. However, all he could do was nothing but gasping upon the sight of the other person right in front of his door.

There was a brief silence; none of Jaejoong, Yunho, or the other person said anything until the other person suddenly let out a light chuckle.

“You haven’t changed at all, aren’t you?” the other person said. “It’s been long, Beautiful.”

*** *** *** *** ***

“We can’t wait to star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter