Chapter 22

You, Whom I Left Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong took some steps backward as he exchanged the glances with Yunho occasionally. He didn’t understand what was going on right now. Changmin should be at Canberra; he knew that. No matter what, the other has broken up with him at the very last time and said it clearly that it would be the end. Jaejoong thought Changmin would still stick with his determination.

But now, the latter was standing right in front of him with an obvious difference on him.

“… C- Changmin…?” called Jaejoong hesitantly.

“Mmmmmm?” replied Changmin back softly with his trademark and confident smile.

Jaejoong bit his lower lips nervously as he held his breath back as well for a moment, before turning his attention towards Yunho at the back. “What- What is this about? Who… is he?” he asked instead, making both of Yunho and Changmin showed a frown on their faces right away. “It’s- It can’t be him, right? Changmin… he’s at Canberra, not Seoul. Don’t tease me ever like this, Yunho.”

“Jaejoong, he’s- Changmin,” Yunho said, slightly confused since Jaejoong’s response wasn’t as he predicted before. “It’s your Changmin in front of you.”

“No,” Jaejoong insisted in whisper. “It’s not him. It can’t be, don’t you understand? He’s… different!”

“How can I different than me?” asked Changmin; sounded unpleased.

“Be- Because- Your…-” Jaejoong became nervous again all of sudden, wasn’t really sure whether he should tell the Changmin-lookalike about his thought or not. He was afraid that his words weren’t appropriate. “No. Just… forget it. You can play pretend as Changmin or whoever; I won’t buy it.”

“I am Changmin,” stated Changmin as a matter of fact.

“No,” said Jaejoong persistently.

“Why?” pushed Changmin even further although Yunho tried to calm him down at the back.

“Changmin… he’s- just- he can’t see a thing,” Jaejoong finally gave up and explained. “And you… are not blind. You can see everything.”

Changmin widened his eyes and stunned at his place as he didn’t expect such outcome. He wanted to face-palm himself badly due to his stupidity right now. Sure he wanted to surprise Jaejoong about his eyes, but didn’t mean it was alright for him to forget explaining it and just insist that he was the same person as he used to be.

“Right,” Changmin replied awkwardly before showing his confidence once again; knowing the other grew even more suspicion with his reaction. “Sorry; I forgot to explain that. Actually, it’s all thanks to Yunho-Hyung. He was kind of… finding me a donor.”

“Donor,” repeated Jaejoong, shocked was shown clearly on his face.

“Yes,” Changmin said back. “It wasn’t perfect, though.”

Jaejoong lowered his head deeply and bit his lower lips once more; without saying anything.

Changmin frowned and wondered upon the reaction as it wasn’t as he has expected before. Though, he decided to let Jaejoong remained in his silence for a moment, giving the latter as much time as he needed. But unexpectedly, what came after that wasn’t something Changmin wished to see coming from Jaejoong; no, definitely not the tears. Too surprised with the sudden outcome, Changmin could do nothing but stunned at his place.

None of them said anything for a moment, until Changmin finally regained his mind back. He blinked for several times upon that, before taking a glance towards Yunho to ask in silence on what that was about. Unfortunately, Yunho didn’t seem to understand a thing as well; since he immediately shook his head. Faced with very few of choices, Changmin decided to get closer towards Jaejoong instead.

“Don’t cry,” Changmin whispered as he wiped Jaejoong’s tears with his fingers. “Tears don’t suit you, Joongie. Please, stop crying already.”

Jaejoong shook his head repeatedly as a sign of refusal. Before Changmin was able to ask the reason, Jaejoong has already raised his hand and intertwined it with Changmin’s. For the first time after the last time they’ve met, Jaejoong sincerely stared back at Changmin, showing his most beautiful smile on his face. “That’s good,” he said softly. “You’re- gaining back your sight. I don’t really know how to say this to be right… But- seriously Minnie, I am more than happy. You deserve-”

Jaejoong hasn’t finished his words yet, but Changmin already stormed and hugged him as tight as he could; as if he didn’t want to lose Jaejoong again. Instinctively, Changmin placed one of his hands at Jaejoong’s back and another one at the back of his head. He remained still there as he breathed the latter’s scent in deeply. Meanwhile, even though Jaejoong was shocked with the spontaneous doing, he replied the hug back slowly and even rested his head on Changmin’s chest.

“I miss you,” Changmin whispered longingly. “I miss you badly, Joongie.”

“I miss you more,” Jaejoong said back, tearing up again as he thought of his days without Changmin. “I thought… you don’t want me anymore. You’ve said goodbye so I- I was prepared for the worst.”

“I’m sorry about it,” Changmin said while releasing Jaejoong from his embrace; so that he could look at him directly on the eyes. “I know that I have no right to be forgiven after hurting you like that. But Joongie… would you like to give me a second chance to redeem myself?”

“You are here,” Jaejoong said back with a bright smile on his face, though he still couldn’t stop his tears from streaming down on his cheek. “And that’s the best thing you’ve ever done, Minnie.”

“Better than this?” asked Changmin, smiling mischievously at Jaejoong.

For sure Jaejoong wasn’t a dumb. He knew what Changmin was going to do, and he wasn’t going to hate it either. Thus, Jaejoong immediately placed his hands on Changmin’s waist as Changmin lifted his chin up. Jaejoong originally wanted to tease Changmin by showing a flat expression at the latter, but he failed miserably as his stupid smile always came back.

Changmin, who was amazed on how bright Jaejoong’s smile was, couldn’t help but to chuckle upon the sight. Of course he knew that Jaejoong was still in love with him; definitely. But he didn’t expect him to show it blatantly. Changmin even widened his eyes right away, when Jaejoong wasn’t patient enough anymore and decided to take the initiative crushing his lips against Changmin’s.

Jaejoong tip toed and pulled Changmin’s body closer to him, before closing the distance between his lips and Changmin’s. Jaejoong practically on Changmin’s lips, asking the other to quickly reply the kiss already. It didn’t take long for Jaejoong to let Changmin gaining a control over their kiss. He opened his mouth and invited Changmin to explore his mouth with his tongue, smiling in satisfaction as he was succeed on that.

Once they were separated, both of them stared at each other for a moment; still drowned into the heated and incredible sensation they’ve experienced.

“Okay,” Jaejoong whispered again while keeping Changmin as close. “You are here is the second best you could do.”

“Are you sure?” Changmin asked with the same smile. “I think I can excite you more than this.”

Jaejoong needed to lower his head so that he could hide his wide smile. After all, this was their first meeting after more than a year and their last meeting wasn’t as good. Jaejoong knew they had a lot of things to talk about, and something that Changmin can excite him more wasn’t included there.

When there was a sound of cough from the door, both of Changmin and Jaejoong were finally able to turn their attention towards something other than each other for the first time. And probably, the first tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter