Chapter 13

You, Whom I Left Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mrs. Shim’s immediately getting into Changmin’s room, without care about Changmin who’s still freezing on his place or Jieun who’s looking at Changmin worriedly. She keeps looking around at Changmin’s room, which at the time still in a mess, and sighing in disappointment. When she saw a familiar face on some photos, she’s taking one of them from the floor and looking at it closer.

“Mind to explain everything, Shim Changmin? And why do you still have these?” asked Mrs. Shim.

“It’s nothing,” answered Changmin while lowering his head. He hopes what he did will hide his anxiety from his face. “I just need to throw my frustration somewhere, like throwing things to the floor. Not a big deal.”

Mrs. Shim raises her eyebrows, waiting for the further explanation from Changmin.

“You know, Umma... my eyes,” continued Changmin shortly, trying to avoid the topic.

“And the photos-”

“It’s just the old collection of the past,” answered Changmin quickly, before trying to divert the conversation. “More importantly, what are you doing here, Umma? Is Appa still at Canberra? Why did you come here without Appa?”

“Can’t I worrying about my own son?” asked Mrs. Shim back, “You never called any of us since arrived at Korea around a month ago. Moreover, you also never answered any of our calls.”

“I’m sorry. My fault, Umma,” answered Changmin again.

Mrs. Shim giggles all of sudden, making Changmin frowns in confuse. “No problem, Changmin. Actually I’m glad,” she said, “After I know that you’re in Korea with this beautiful and caring lover, Umma feels relieved now.”

Changmin’s still trying to understand what Mrs. Shim meant.

Mrs. Shim’s turning her head to Jieun, who’s standing still in the doorway. Then, she starts smiling softly towards Jieun, making her feels nervous. “Isn’t that so, Miss- Who are you?” asked her.

“W- WHAT?!” replied Jieun reflexively. She never thought that Mrs. Shim will talk with her at all. No matter what, Jieun knows her place. She’s nothing but just a helper for Changmin.

Listening to spontaneous reaction from Jieun, Changmin immediately understand what Mrs. Shim thinks about. “Her name is Jieun. Lee Jieun, Umma,” Changmin answered on Jieun’s behalf, “And she’s not my lover or whatsoever. She’s just helping me with lots of things.”

“Like kiss and love?” teased Mrs. Shim with a big smile.

“No! Umma, me and Jieun just met a week ago,” Changmin answered quickly, “And I’m in Korea to meet my bestfriend, not looking for a lover.”

“Jung Yunho?” asked Mrs. Shim after getting back to her serious mode.

Changmin nods hesitantly, hoping his answer won’t make Mrs. Shim curious about things anymore.

“No one else?” continued Mrs. Shim.

Getting shake of a head from Changmin, Mrs. Shim thinks for a moment to decide either to believe in Changmin or continue her interrogation towards him. Slowly, she starts eyeing Changmin from head to the toe to find any suspicious movement from him. When her gaze stops at Changmin’s fingers which moving nervously, Mrs. Shim back on staring at Changmin again.

“It’s been so long since the last time I met him,” Mrs. Shim said calmly, “Umma feels so curious about how he is now. What about we go to meet him now, Changmin?”

Changmin’s straightening his head immediately and shaking his head. “We can’t, Umma,” answered Changmin nervously, “Yunho-Hyung’s working on a day. We can meet him only on the night.”

“Then what are you doing on a day?” asked Mrs. Shim suspiciously.

“Nothing in particular. Just... wandering around the town or staying at home,” answered Changmin.

“If that’s so, let’s try to go to Yunho’s house first. If there’s no one inside, we can go around the town like what you did,” said Mrs. Shim.

“But Yunho-Hyung obviously won’t be at home! Why do we even have to try?” asked Changmin desperately. He really doesn’t want Mrs. Shim meet with Jaejoong, remembering how the two of them never get along well. He’s feeling so worried that Mrs. Shim might hurt Jaejoong like the past days.

“I’m not taking a NO as answer, Shim Changmin,” answered Mrs. Shim.

Changmin knew it will be like this, yet he can’t just give up. He’s trying to not move when Mrs. Shim drags him to the outside. But when Mrs. Shim starts hitting his shoulder a bit harsh, Changmin’s finally sighing in defeat and following Mrs. Shim unwillingly. Changmin just hopes that his thought just wrong and there’ll be nothing happen between Jaejoong and Mrs. Shim later.

Mrs. Shim stops right in front of Jieun, with a big smile on her face. “You can go to your home now, Jieun. But make sure that tomorrow you will come again,” she ordered.

“I- I still have to take care of Changmin-Oppa’s room,” answered Jieun hesitantly. She’s trying to look at Changmin and getting an approvement from him. Looking at Changmin’s face, she feels that Changmin actually doesn’t want to go. That’s why she tries to make them stay.

“You don’t have to,” Mrs. Shim replied quickly, “I’ll take care of those when we’re coming home later.”

“But-”

“It’s okay. You can go home now, Jieun,” said Changmin, cutting Jieun’s words. Even though Changmin feels uneasy because of Mrs. Shim’s sudden appearance, he can’t just let Jieun getting scolded by Mrs. Shim too. Finally, Changmin giving a reassuring smile to Jieun to make her understand that it’s the best for her to just get back home.

***

After hours passed since Yunho went out for a work, Jaejoong back on his thought once more. He starts thinking which one he should choose, which one he really loves. He really has no idea about anything. He can’t deny that Changmin’s coming to Korea was affecting him much. His love towards Changmin grows once more, without touching Yunho’s part on his heart.

Yunho is the one that always keeps Jaejoong accompanied for these years, since he lost his memories. Meanwhile, Changmin is the one that he loved the most in the past, when he hasn’t lost his memories yet. Yunho’s so caring and lovely towards Jaejoong. Changmin likes to tease and flirt on Jaejoong a lot. But Jaejoong hates none of those.

When he’s still busying himself with what he should do, Jaejoong suddenly hear someone’s knocking the main door. Jaejoong gets startled for a second, before running towards the door. But he decides to stop immediately after he’s looking at the clock. He has no idea at all, who the person could be. At first he thought it might be either Yunho or Changmin. But then he realized that it’s not the time for Yunho to coming back, also Changmin won’t come again ever except he has no choice.

Jaejoong’s sighing in disappointment and walking towards the door lazily. Then, he’s opening the door after he finally arrived. Right after he’s looking at the woman in front of him, Jaejoong immediately widens his eyes and holds his breath deeply. “U- Umma...” said Jaejoong softly, can’t believe with his sight at all.

Mrs. Shim herself seems as surprised as Jaejoong. Even though she was getting suspicious towards Changmin’s strange behavior after she said Yunho’s name, she didn’t expect that she’ll meet this familiar person in front of her. A person that she hates the most. “Kim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter