Chapter 12

You, Whom I Left Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yunho’s standing in front of a room, feels hesitant to knock the door. After thinking for a moment, Yunho finally sighs and knocks the door softly. One second, five seconds, one minute passed, yet Yunho still doesn’t get any answer. In the end, Yunho decides to open the door, which luckily left unlocked, since his worry’s growing bigger.

When the door finally opened, Yunho could see a figure of Jaejoong who’s sitting with his head buried on his knees, on the bed.

“Jae... Jaejoong,” called Yunho before reaching Jaejoong's place.

Jaejoong doesn’t flinch at all.

Yunho smiles bitterly looking at Jaejoong’s condition. Jaejoong’s been like that since he talked with Changmin some days ago. At that day, Yunho was very startled because Changmin did something that he never done when they were in Canberra. He kept shouting to Yunho, begging him to quickly bring Jaejoong back to their home. Changmin’s condition was in a mess, as bad as Jaejoong’s now. However, knowing Changmin not for a day only, Yunho knew that the best thing he could do at the time is just following what he wanted; bring Jaejoong home.

Yunho sits in front of Jaejoong on the bed and keeps looking at him.

“Jae, look at me,” called Yunho again, this time while shaking Jaejoong’s body a bit.

“Leave me alone for now,” answered Jaejoong with a low voice.

“Jae, stop avoiding me. I have to go to work soon,” said Yunho, trying to find a way to make Jaejoong look at him.

“Just go, Yunho. I’m sorry, but take care of yourself,” said Jaejoong without moving at all.

Yunho’s sighing in defeat, doesn’t know what to do anymore. Then, he lifts Jaejoong’s head and makes Jaejoong look at him. Jaejoong’s trying his best to divert his gaze from Yunho. But, since Yunho’s much stronger than Jaejoong, finally Jaejoong has to give up and looks at Yunho.

Yunho’s heart hurts badly, when he’s looking at a pair of swollen eyes in front of him. Softly, Yunho’s moving his hand to wipe the tears off from Jaejoong’s cheeks. Then, Yunho cups Jaejoong’s face and stares at his doe big eyes deeply.

“What happened?” asked Yunho, demanding for the explanation.

“I- I- Nothing,” answered Jaejoong, diverting his gaze to anywhere but Yunho’s eyes.

“Jae, you knew that you’re a bad liar,” said Yunho again.

Jaejoong remains silent, too afraid to talk anymore or to look at Yunho.

“Please?” tried Yunho once more.

Jaejoong opens his mouth and closes it again without saying anything.

“Let’s talk after I get back, okay?” said Yunho, finally give in.

Yunho’s putting his hands on Jaejoong’s waist and pulling him closer. Then, he lifts Jaejoong’s head again and closes his eyes, getting ready to get his morning kiss. However, all of sudden Jaejoong’s pushing Yunho away from him roughly. Jaejoong immediately bites his lower lips nervously, looking at hurtful face in front of him because of his sudden action.

“I’m sorry,” said Jaejoong with low voice, while lowering his head.

Yunho just keeps staring at Yunho with an unreadable expression.

“Please, Yunho. I’m sorry,” said Jaejoong again, practically begging to Yunho. His tears start appearing on the corner of his eyes. “I don’t know what to do. I’m afraid.”

Yunho’s grabbing Jaejoong’s shoulder dearly. “Why are you afraid?” he asked, “Tell me what’s on your mind, Jae. Let me understand why you did it. I need reasons.”

“I- We- I think we need to think over about everything. Let’s take a break,” said Jaejoong nervously.

Yunho’s heart almost stops beating after hearing Jaejoong’s words. Yunho holds his breath as long as he can, afraid that he’ll start crying if he let it go. “Why?” whispered Yunho with trembled lips.

Jaejoong starts sobbing like there’s no tomorrow. He’s finally letting the words, which he always thought about, slips out from his mouth. Now, Jaejoong has no heart to continue the explanation to Yunho. He can’t just tell Yunho that he might fall for Yunho’s bestfriend.

“Jae, stop your cries,” said Yunho.

Jaejoong just covers his face using both of his hands and continue his cries.

“Jae,” called Yunho again.

Jaejoong’s still crying and shaking his head, can’t talk anymore.

“Kim Jaejoong! Stop it right now!” Yunho shouted; made Jaejoong jumps a bit. Jaejoong’s lifting his head right away and looking at Yunho. Yunho immediately Jaejoong’s cheeks, before hugging him tightly. “Why are you crying? It’s not you who should cry. I love you, Jae. I love you.”

Slowly, Jaejoong replies the hug and keeps repeating the words ‘I’m sorry’ inside Yunho’s embrace. Hearing word by word that Yunho said, makes him can’t handle the pain on his chest anymore. He starts crying out his heart, wetting Yunho’s neat shirt right away.

“Give me a reason, Jae,” Yunho said in whisper, still trying to fight with himself to never let the tears out from his eyes, “I can’t let you go without any reason.”

Jaejoong starts shaking his head furiously again; don’t want to tell Yunho.

Then, Yunho decides to release his hug and looks at Jaejoong deeply. “Tell me, Jae,” Yunho demanded, “Did Changmin-”

“No! Don’t blame him!” said Jaejoong quickly, cutting Yunho’s words. Deep down in his heart, he knows that Yunho will know it’s about Changmin soon. How couldn’t he? It’s very obvious that Jaejoong starts to act strangely right after he’s done the talk with Changmin. But, Jaejoong really doesn’t have a heart to tell Yunho. He doesn’t want to break the bounds between Yunho and Changmin; especially not after Changmin told him how Yunho saved Changmin in the past.

Yunho’s freezing on his place and his eyes starts widening again.

“No. No. Please, Yunho. You can’t hate him. He- He asked me to forget him. It’s not his fault at all,” explained Jaejoong with a trembled voice. He’s very afraid now, after unintentionally letting Yunho knew that it was Changmin. Jaejoong keeps looking Yunho, trying to find any sign of his emotions.

“Yunho...” called Jaejoong, feeling more afraid along the time passed.

In silence, finally tears escape from Yunho’s eyes. His barrier has broken into pieces.

Yunho’s silence and tears are hurting Jaejoong more. He knows exactly, Yunho is not a person who could show his emotion easily. He’s a person who always tries to hide it, at least until he’s alone somewhere. To know that Yunho’s crying in front of him now, Jaejoong realized it must be very hurt for Yunho.

“Yunho,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter