Chapter 19

You, Whom I Left Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changmin and Jaejoong were standing next to each other; the fingers were still intertwined tightly. At the moment, Jaejoong could feel that his heart would explode in anytime soon. He was biting his lower lips almost all the time, anxious and afraid that Changmin would know his plan. On the other side, Changmin was sighing in disappointment almost right away. Changmin knew already that there was something wrong with their current place right now.

“Jae,” called Changmin softly.

“Y- Yes? What is it?” Jaejoong asked, definitely stuttering with his words, “D- Did I forget to tell you that we’ve arrived already by now? We’re at the road that you’ve mentioned before, Minnie. What d- do you want to do now?”

“Jae,” called Changmin again; this time with a long sighs.

“I heard you!” snapped Jaejoong in frustration.

Jaejoong really hated Changmin’s demanding tone right now, since the tone was definitely a sign that the younger one knew about his thought. Right after he has realized the fact, Jaejoong was immediately tightening his grip on Changmin due to the nervousness. Jaejoong didn’t even realize that his grip was a bit too tight at the moment, making the younger winced slightly.

Please. Please don’t let him know.

“Jae,” Changmin called desperately once more, hoping that Jaejoong would just give up, “You know exactly what I meant, Joongie. Please don’t make this hard.”

For a second, Jaejoong was getting tense upon the remarks from Changmin. He could feel that he was sweating a lot right now. But nevertheless, Jaejoong was really determined to hold Changmin back. There was no way Jaejoong would give in towards Changmin.

“I- I don’t understand at all,” whispered him, shaking his head on the process.

Changmin was sighing once more, didn’t exactly know on what he should do. He honestly didn’t want to do something inside his mind right now, knowing that it could give a bad reaction from Jaejoong later on. However, Changmin also knew that Jaejoong didn’t give him any choice besides stating the truth straightly to the point.

“Bring me to the crossroad where everything has ended before, Joongie,” Changmin finally said after a long and tensed silence, “You know that this isn’t THAT crossroad.”

“W- What are you talking about?” Jaejoong asked; tears were forcing to come out from his eyes, “It’s the crossroad that you’ve talked about! Of course I would know and remember it for sure, Minnie! Why don’t you believe in me? After all- I... I don’t have any reasons to lie, right?”

“You can tell me the reason,” answered Changmin in defeat.

“W- What do you mean?” asked Jaejoong once more.

“I know that I’m blind, Joongie. But I’m not that stupid,” Changmin replied with a frustration on his tone, “I could remember the way when you took me from the park to the restaurant just now. Based on the number of turns and the distance, I can easily guess that we’re just tracing back the previous way. Isn’t that so? If I’m not mistaken, we’re at the park; where our confession’s tree was there.”

“What are you talking about?! It’s not! Believe me! We’re at THAT crossroad, just like you wanted!” shouted Jaejoong in panic.

Changmin sighed again, stretching his free hand towards Jaejoong. Since the latter didn’t expect something like that, Jaejoong was unintentionally gasping aloud. He was only able to freeze on the place, when Changmin’s hand finally landed on the shoulder. Less than a second later Changmin already hugged Jaejoong tightly, ignoring the fact that the other was rejecting it badly with all might.

“What are you doing all of sudden?!” shouted Jaejoong, trying to release himself from Changmin.

“It’s okay. Everything will be fine, Joongie,” Changmin whispered softly, circling on Jaejoong’s back over and over again, “We’ve passed the accident a long time ago, right? Don’t be afraid anymore.”

Upon those last words from Changmin, Jaejoong was finally bursting into tears inside the younger’s embrace. All the defenses, which Jaejoong has built already before, were breaking apart in a matter of second. He was gripping on Changmin’s shirt tightly, as the pain in the chest was unbearable already.

“Don’t. Please, don’t,” Jaejoong pleaded between his cries, “I don’t want to go there anymore. I- I can’t. Anywhere else, but definitely not that crossroad. Can’t we pretend that this place is the road? Please. Please, I beg you. Why do you even want to go there...? I don’t understand!”

“I know that this is going to be hard, but let’s do it together. We can do it,” Changmin said slowly, “We have to wake up and face the reality. Just like what you said before, we should end our relationship properly. I think the crossroad would be the right place for this. Don’t you think so?”

Jaejoong jerked on his place, before looking straightly at Changmin with his widened eyes. He could feel that his heart was torn apart; more than before, upon the other words from Changmin. Jaejoong never thought about that matter at all. He just didn’t want to go because of the painful memories. Knowing what was inside Changmin’s mind, made Jaejoong was beyond the panic state again.

“No! No!!! You can’t do that! I never said that I- I want to end this relationship! Don’t make your own story; I’m not pleased with that!” Jaejoong shouted in hurtful tone, hitting Changmin’s chest rapidly, “If that was what you’ve wanted, then I won’t bring you there! EVER!!!”

“You know that we can’t play pretend until forever,” Changmin replied calmly, “This isn’t healthy for any of us. We need to fix our lives, Joongie. And even if you don’t want to bring me there, I will just ask someone to point out the direction for me. Any ways don’t really matter for me.”

“Don’t do that. Please spare me, Minnie. I can’t handle this anymore,” pleaded Jaejoong once more. He was practically sitting at the road already, as his knees turned weak all of sudden. “How can I live like that? I can’t live without you. I can’t.”

“You’ve done it once before, Joongie. Living without me,” replied Changmin.

Honestly speaking, Changmin didn’t have a heart for saying those things towards Jaejoong. His heart was hurting so much already by now, when Changmin thought about the separation with his mouth. Moreo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter