Present Twenty Five

Present For You ft. Jae Joong

The rest of the journey going back to your parent’s house is fill with silent. Even you try to make small conversation with Jae Joong, he either just nod his head or shake it which almost drive you crazy. But again, you are the one who at fault here.

And again the journey to Gaeun’s house is also engulfing with silent because you know it’s useless to explain things to him. You pretend like everything is normal when you greet Mr and Mrs Kang only to  introduce Jae Joong to Mr Kang after that and quietly leaving him behind with the older man.

At some point, even the small thing you do is making you nervous. It feels like you are bringing your boyfriend back to introduce and getting bless from your parents. Except it your best friend parents who’s have been taking care of you since your parents pass away.

“Are you okay?”

You turn to look Mrs Kang with small smile and nod your head. “Yes. I’m okay.”

“Then why did you continue to slice things even though there is nothing to slice?” Mrs Kang gives you a look.

You look down at the cutting board only to let out another nervous laughs this time. You quickly put down the knife and proceed to stir kimchi stew on the stove, trying not to think what Mr Kang going to interrogate Jae Joong on the living room.

And before you know, its time to serve the dinner. The one who do the talk is mostly the couple in front of you as you shift nervously on your seat and once in a while you will steal glance to Jae Joong.

Not wanting to ruin the vacation between you and Jae Joong-well perhaps you have ruin it a little, you put down your spoon and clear your throat to gain everyone attention.

“I have something to confess.” You said.

“What is it?” Mr Kang asked.

You steal another glance at Jae Joong before look at the couple in front of you. “Actually Jae is not my friend. He is my boyfriend.”

Mr and Mrs Kang throw a glance at each other before shift their gaze to look at both of you and Jae Joong.

“You kn-“

Mr Kang pats his wife hand gently to let him do the talking since he know most probably his wife wouldn’t approve Jimin to dating another idol. What happen to Jimin in the past still remain as a scar for their family.

“Why did you lied, honey?”

“Because I’m afraid aunty wouldn’t like the idea of me dating idol again. You know because of the past…” you mumble.

Mr Kang takes a sip of his drink before turn to look at Jae Joong. “We are sorry. The idea of Jimin is getting hurt again if she dates an idol making us uneasy. In the past, she practically pushes everyone from her life and act like nothing happen for month before she break down in front of us. We don’t want to see her like that again. It hurt us deeply since we already think Jimin as our daughter.”

Jae Joong steals a glance at your face before secretly looking for your hand on your laps. He intertwines his finger with yours as if trying to say he is sorry for jumping to wild conclusion. But the thought that Seunghyun left a deep scar in your life making him scare. What if he does the same thing like Seunghyun?

“I understand. Since Jimin think your family as her, it is important for me to get blessing from your family as well. I don’t want to promise that I will make her happy but I will try my very best to put her happiness as my priority. And slowly, I already plan a future for both of us since I couldn’t imagine my life without Jimin by my side.” He turns to look at you with eyes full of adoration.

“I wouldn’t say anything for now but I will give both of you my support. Jimin is not a child for us to control anymore. Surely she already thinks the perks and disadvantage of dating an idol.” Mr Kang take a deep breath before continue, “I just want her to know that whatever happen, she can always turn to us.”

You bite your lower lips, trying to prevent hot tears from falling down. It certainly a bless that everyone around you always support you through thick and thin but you are confident that this time choosing Jae Joong is not a mistake. “Thank you, uncle. Thank you, aunty.”

-

“Ah, that intern?” You clasp your hands together as a sense of recognition wash over you.

“Which one?” Cease of frowns appear on Tiffany’s forehead as she trying hard to remember any familiar face in her head.

“The one who always follow Mr Byul. I heard she is the only intern that can tolerate Mr Byul. How did you meet her? I mean her department is on level three and yours are on level eight.” You an eyebrow as you look at Joong Ki.

For lunch, you have agreed to meet with Joong Ki and Tiffany on the cafeteria since it’s been awhile for three of you to hang out together. This is the only time for three of you to catch up since last time you see Joong Ki is at the prestigious event. And you take this chance to ask Joong Ki about his sweetheart.

“Yah~ which one?” Tiffany whined in dissatisfaction.

“Ya- which planet that you live in? Even Jimin who always on basement is up to date than you.” Joong Ki teased.

Both of you and Joong Ki make a face that Tiffany is definitely a disappointment which only make the woman throw crumple tissue at you and Joong Ki. You chuckled as you pick the crumple tissue and put it on the table back.

“So that’s why you always make excuse to go to level three?” You shot Joong Ki teasing look.

Joong Ki laughed. “Well she’s a keeper. I mean it start because I like her reaction whenever I . But she definitely different from the rest.”

“Baby boo is in love~” Tiffany cooed only to get a gently poke on her forehead from Joong Ki.

“I heard DBSK is going on world tour. That’s mean they are going to be gone about to three or four month?” Joong Ki asked.

Your heart drop at the topic. Obviously you don’t want to think about how he will be gone for a long time because you honestly don’t know how to handle that. One month is the longest period that he had been away when you are in relationship with him. Even when he told you the news, you simply acknowledge that with a smile.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk, look at her face. Definitely a face of love sick fool.” Joong Ki smirked as he throw knowing look at you.

“Ahhh~ I don’t know. I mean the longest we have been apart is one month. Four month is.. I don’t know how I can handle that.” You blew a raspberry on strand of hair that covers your face.

“No kidding. Even I don’t know how to handle that. You can send a text to each other but of course time zone always a biggest jerk. But it definitely makes me appreciate Chunnie more.” Tiffany flash you comfort smile.

Joong Ki sips on his drink before mumble, “you know, people always say to bid goodbye with something special because it definitely will make you stronger until the next meeting again.”

You stare at Joong Ki for few seconds, starting to ponder what he trying to say until something click in your mind.

“And because I don’t want to see your lifeless face for another four month, guess what?” Joong Ki wriggles his eyebrows to you.

“What?” You and Tiffany asked simultaneously.

“I have filled your schedule with ten outdoor photo shoot. Sweet aren’t I?”

You growled. “Thanks. Now I definitely can take him off of my mind for awhile.”