Present Twenty Two

Present For You ft. Jae Joong

page-divider-105.gif

Soft music echoes through every corner of the hall. People were having good time with each other company and some even having good time on the dancing floor whilst other busy chattering and trying to grow their social network.

You lean your back against the wall of secluded corner after finish taking the last picture for the night. Its been two hours since you and Joong ki in the glamorous looking hall and try to get good pictures and scoops out of the artists and important peoples in the entertainment industry since the event start.

“Can I just throw this heel off and walk barefoot around here?”

Small chuckles left from Joong Ki’s lips when you shot him the question out of nowhere. You shift your gaze from your boss’s figure toward Joong Ki, giving him a look.

“Thought heel are woman best friend?” He retorted before zip the bag where he put all his equipments and notes.

You growled. “Not me I guess. This thing kills me. Well literally.”

Joong Ki reaches for the camera that hung on your neck before he put the precious thing inside it case. Small smile never left his lips whilst he packs up your thing before he hand over all items to his assistant. The job is done and now it’s a party time for both of you.

“Well I don’t think I can offer you anything. Except this.”

Your eyes widen when Joong Ki suddenly crouch in front of you. Casually lift up your feet and take off the heel from your feet.

“What are you doing?” You hiss. Feeling uncomfortable when some people stealing a look toward your way.

“I’m trying to help you. Why? Are you afraid that your boyfriend will see this?” He smirks before start to massage your feet.

You scoff. Though you weren’t sure how will Jae Joong react if he see this but at least he knew that Joong Ki is like a brother to you. Someone who have been through thick and thin with you since you are in this industry.

“You made him sound like a bad person.”

Joong Ki put down your left feet before lift the other one and starts to give it a treatment like he did to the other one. Another chuckle left his lips. “Well you have to admit that your boyfriend is a very protective one but you two suit each other well. I mean in a good way by the way.”

You pretend that you want to kick Joong Ki on his shin as small laughs bubble out of your lips. You knew exactly what Joong Ki meant but its fun to mess around with him once in awhile since its been awhile that you can spend some time with him.

Joong Ki on the other hand only smack your feet lightly as a signal for you to not move around whilst his slender fingers make it magic around your feet.

You bite your lower lips as you eye Joong Ki’s feature one by one. This man is perfect in a way and you cant help but wonder why he hasn’t got himself a girlfriend.

“When will you find yourself a girlfriend?”

Raising an eyebrow up, Joong ki lift his head up. Feeling little bit taken aback at the sudden question.

“Wow. I thought you wont ask.”

“Oh, come on! I’m just don’t have opportunity to ask you this question before.” You cross your arms, waiting for his answer.

“Since when you have become an ahjumma?” He put down your feet and you quickly slide on your shoes back.

You roll your eyes as he rise from his crouching position. “Don’t tell me you still didn’t get over you know who yet?”

“And what make you think I don’t have a girlfriend?”

This time, it was your turn to be taken aback by your best friend question. You stare straight into his eyes for few seconds before small curse left your mouth.

“Holy ! And you don’t even tell me about that?” You hit his chest, hard but gentle enough not to hurt Joong Ki.

“Tell me about her! Joong Ki. Since when? Wow I’m speechless.” You continued.

Joong Ki laughs before he catches your hand and brings you closer to him. Slowly he moves you around, following the slow rhythm of the music that still echoes around.

“Are we going to have girls night today then? You know like we can have pillow talk at your place or mine or Tiff’s. While we are at it I can help doing your hair or Tiff’s.”

“Do not change the topic, honey. Now spill.” You shot him a glare but he leans closer to your ear and whisper,

“I would love too but today is not the day. I promise I will spill everything later, okay? Now be a good sister and go find your girls. They must have been waiting for you. Have a good time tonight, darl.”

You let out a small gasp when Joong Ki twirls you around before he let your hand go. You are about to curse at him again but the words stuck on your throat when Joong Ki already made his way into a crowd of people that gather in the center of the hall.

-

“Sorry I-“ Words struck on your throat when your gaze met with the owner of the body that you just bump into. Your heart beat in abnormal pace and suddenly you feel there is no presence of air around.

“Jimin.”

And you hate the fact that husky voice still sounds the same whenever your name rolls off of his tongue. And above all of that, you feel sick suddenly. Feeling all the effort to avoid this man all these years have gone to waste.

“Do I even know you?” You didn’t intend to say that but your emotion seems to be quick enough to control your action before your mind could even stop you from embarrassing yourself in front of your ex-lover.

Soft chortle leave Seunghyun’s lips at your reaction. “You know you could do better than this, Jimin. And I don’t intend to pick a fight with you, you know. It’s been awhile since we met.”

You stare at Seunghyun’s face for a good one minute. Slowly you shake your head as soft scoff left your lips. How can he remain calm when he is the bad guy in your previous relationship? Does this guy never feel guilty on what he did to you?

“Well I guess we are done here. I don’t have anything to say to you.” You held your chin up with pride before you walks bypass Seunghyun. Thought you remember about the closure thingy that you have been discuss with Joong Ki, it seems that you can never brace yourself to bring the topic up. You still need to recollect your patience before you can face the jerk.

“Are you doing well nowadays?”

You stop on your track when Seunghyun suddenly throw you that question. Though you didn’t look back at him, you know that he is currently looking at your way.

“Never been better.” And with that, you continue to walk away. Your lungs long for air and you need to escape from the place but once again you stop on your track when you heard smooth voice call over for Seunghyun.

You couldn’t help but to stare at a figure whose making a way from your opposite direction toward Seunghyun. You form a fist on your left hand as you slowly turn your head to the side to look at the couple over your shoulder for a second before you continue your stride as all the pain and anger slowly swell up in your chest.

 

You stop on your track when your eyes caught Jaejoong’s presence on the corner of the hallway with Yunho. Weirdly all the pain and anger that you feel just now dissipate into nothing as soon as your gaze land on Jaejoong’s figure.

Those two seems to be in a good mood tonight and they are just probably out getting some fresh air. Oh well, you cant be the only moody one here so you slowly make your way toward those two. It’s a good thing that no one is outside or else you might have to keep all the suffocate feeling alone and pretend to be okay for all night around your friends.

Jaejoong’s laughter die off when you wraps your arms around his waist and buried your face on his back. You inhale his musky masculine scent which gives you a strange comfort.

“Jimin?”

Though you cant see his expression right now, you know that probably he must be wondering what have gotten into you to bravely show some PDA around when there is probability that someone might see both of you like this. After all you want to keep the relationship low for now.

“I wanna go home.” You mumble against his back.

Jaejoong raise an eyebrow before give a look to Yunho who just shrug his shoulder before the guy give a signal to Jaejoong that he is going back into the hall to get his girl.

Jaejoong turn around his heel before he lifts your chin up to have a good look at you. He cast you a soft smile as if trying to comfort you with that.

“I thought you want to spend your time with the girls tonight? I believe that is what you told me last night.”

“I know. But right now all I want is tucking under a blanket with you. I’m dead tired. So please?” You try your best to look tired in front of him which only earn his laughter in return.

“Go wait for me in the car.”

-

You drink in the beauty of the city from the sliding door of the balcony. You cant help but admiring your own reflection, seeing yourself in Jaejoong’s shirt. A new habit of you lately. Perhaps you like the feeling as if he is close to you even he is far away by wearing his shirt.

Soft gasp escape your lips when Jaejoong suddenly appear out of nowhere and hugging you from behind. His hot breath hit your skin as he nuzzles on your neck. “You are actually not that tired right?” He mumbles against your skin.

Your lips twitch upside little bit at the question, letting him slowly rocking both of your body. “Lets keep that as our secret. I just want to go home and cuddling with you all night long.”

He let out soft sight before look at your reflection on the sliding door. “So you are going to keep me in dark then?”

You stare on Jaejoong’s reflection before a flash of his statement last night pop up in your head. Swallowing the lump in the throat, you look away, wondering if you should let him know about your meeting with Seunghyun.

“I met Seunghyun.”

You bit your lower lips when Jaejoong stop rocking both of your body. When you feel uncertain on how to react, Jaejoong suddenly unwrap his arms around your waist before he turn around and walk away.

It took few seconds on your mind to register various probabilities on why Jaejoong suddenly walk away without saying anything. You are about to go after him before soft music echoes around making you stand still on your spot.

Jaejoong appear with small grins on his lips before he stand in front of you back. “What a bad luck to run into him tonight. So I will make it up for you.”

“How?” You give him uncertain look at first only to laughs when he drag you to the center of living room and wrap his arms around your waist.

“Jae.” You shake your head as you wrap your arms around his neck.

“Though I cant replace the memory that you run into him tonight, I guess I just have to add a new and beautiful moment of us spending time together. Like this. After all I didn’t get a chance to dance with you in that beautiful dress of yours tonight.”

“But I feel a bit regret tho.” You pouted.

“And why is that hmm?”

You close your eyes as you rest your head on his chest when he pulls you into his embrace, letting yourself drowned into his warmness as he slowly rocking you both side to side.

“I suppose to let it all out on him. Telling him how exactly I feel. I mean tonight perhaps the only chance when I run into him and I suppose to use that to chance to get the closure thingy or whatever it is.” You sighed.

“I think it didnt work that way, jagiya. Even if you had the chance to let out all your anger and hatred on him tonight, I think your old scar is going to bleed again and you will still feel angry whenever you see him around.”

“Then when is the right moment to do that? Five years? Twenty years?” You look up with a question eyebrow.

“When you are ready to forgive him and let go all the resentment that you hold in your heart.”

You stop moving to slowly process Jaejoong’s words in your head. As much as you hate to admit it, Jaejoong is right.

You chuckled. “Wow, never thought I will hear that from you.”

“I know right? I don’t believe it myself either.” Jaejoong let out small laughs which combine with yours before he pull your head to rest on his chest again.

I just hope that you wont drown in that anger, Jimin. He continues the rest of the statement in his heart before place a soft kiss on top of your head.