Present Twenty One

Present For You ft. Jae Joong

page-divider-105.gif

Your gaze lingers on the beautiful scenery in front of you from the minute you arrive till now. Its just like you are bewitch by the scenery of the Han river that you find its hard to tear your gaze from the beauty of the nature. Or is it because you don’t want to let the man beside you read whatever that been rolling in your head all day long? Oh sure Seunghyun mean nothing to you now but why is it feel like you’ve commit a sin toward your current lover?

“You know that I won’t force you to spill anything until you are ready so relax okay?”

You finally shift your gaze toward Jaejoong who calmly sipping on his warm drink now. Your chest vibrates with small laughs. Is he a mind reader or what now? But again you aren’t surprise if he did. You never succeed to keep things too long from Jae after all. Its like he can read you like an open book so its no use to hide things from him.

With your arms support your body, you lean back a little after putting down the almost empty cup of warm drink of yours down. This time you feel totally relax and comfortable around him. Not that you are that aware that you’re acting weird all this time. “I never had chance to ask you this before. Why did you choose me to be honest? I mean you are always surrounded by beautiful girls and don’t tell me you don’t even attracted to them even just a tiny bit.”

Jaejoong raise an eyebrow when you shot the question. He put down the paper cup before copy your position now, only that he choose to look up at the sky instead of looking at you. “Don’t tell me that you’re suddenly feel insecure or something along the line.”

You scoff. “Nope but curiosity is eating me now.”

“Are you going to die because of it-ouch!” Jae shot you a glare as he rubs his forearm.

“Jae, I’m serious now.”

“I think it should be the other way around, hun. You made me worried sick all day long and now you are the serious one huh?”

“Alright, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to ignore you all day long. Something stupid just got into my head and it distracts me with questions all day.”

Jae squint his eyes as he fix his gaze on yours as if he’s trying to read you. Whatever it is that distract you, he really sure that he wouldn’t be happy to hear about it. He cast you a soft smile and tangling your fingers together with him after a good one minute of staring straight into your eyes.

“Is it about engagement news of Seunghyun that put you on edge all day long, love?”

You let out a soft gasp at his question. How did he know that?

Small laughter escape from Jae’s lips this time. It means that he hit a bull eye when you react like that. Well, he just coincidentally read the news this morning on the internet and strangely after that he couldn’t stop thinking about you all day long. Perhaps he wanted to know how you will react after you read the news.

“Jimin, do you know that you have quite bad temper back then?”

“Excuse me?” You throw Jaejoong murderous look but before you can speak further, Jaejoong press his index finger against your lips signaling to let him talk and you to listen. You wrinkle your nose but still looking right on him.

“But I guess that’s why I love to tease you back then. Just to see your face become red whenever you are angry with me. You look pretty when you’re angry. And sometimes you are a little klutzy and a bit disorder on top of that.”

“I cant see where is this going…” You cut him off with an eyebrow rose up as a sign of confusion.

“You can easily forgive but its hard to forget eh? Once someone gets on your bad side, you will totally ignore that person. But in all your imperfection, there is a girl who really kind hearted and strives to make all people around her happy. A girl who scare to give her heart and trust to people but once she did, voila that person is really a lucky one.” Jaejoong continue to spoke, ignoring your statement just now. He take a deep breath before continue, “That’s why I like you. You don’t pretend to be someone else. You’re just being yourself and you aren’t afraid to let people see your bad side either. And I love this girl who can tolerate anything but I hate it that she like to keep all things to herself. When she’s going to learn that she should start sharing her thought with her man? So he can take half of her burden and let her breathe in relief.”

You let out a soft chortle before closing the proximity between you two and you drape an arm around his waist casually after that. Boy, this man really knows how to make your heart flutter in his own way. “Do you have to list out all my flaws before make me flutter?”

“At least its working. I’m afraid the magic in my answer fail to give you some comfort.” He grinned.

“I’m sorry, Jae. Its just when I read the news about his engagement I- I don’t know. Its like there is an anger that fume within me when I read something about him. I think I need closure but I assure you that I really don’t feel anything special toward him but resentment. An ugly am I?”

Jae lock you in his embrace before he rest his chin on top of your head. He throws his gaze on the neon lights on the other side of the city. Mesmerize by its beauty. “Nope. But I hate the fact that you are thinking about someone else other than me.”

You smack his abs gently with a small groans left your mouth. Jae and his jealousy. “Its not like I have special interest toward him.”

“Used to.”

“Jae. Really?” You look up only to see his eye that clouded with glint of jealousy and something else that you couldn’t put your finger on it.

“Unless…”

“Unless what?” You squint your eyes, giving him suspicious look but he just dive straight in for a passionate kiss, leaving you speechless at his sudden attack.