Present Twenty

Present For You ft. Jae Joong

page-divider-105.gif

Confusion clearly written on your face as soon as you claim your seat on your work station. There is a golden envelope on your table. You pick it up and pull out a card from the envelope and your expression change into disbelieve one after reading the card.

It’s an invitation card to a gathering for people in the entertainment industry. Your heart leaps in joy. It’s a rare change to get the invitation unless you are well known around the industry.

“Do you like it?”

You tilt your head up only to see your boss flash you small smiles. You squint your eyes, somehow not feeling good when your own boss come to your work station. Usually it’s the other way around unless the old man wants something from you. Which again..pretty rare.

“What is this?” you asked.

Mr.Han let out short chortle knowing that you’re already feel suspicious when he comes to your work station. “This year we decided to let you and Joongki cover up the news at the gathering. Don’t you like it?”

You let out soft grunts in protest. So this means you have to go because of work. Not mingling around like you expected.

“Hey don’t make that face. You know you can have fun while working your around the event. I expect a good work from you and Joongki. See you around, kitty.”

You wrinkling your nose in annoyance when the old man called you that. Obviously doesn’t like that pet name. Oh well, at least you have chance to grow your network around the event even you have work to do.

 

 

“Whats wrong?”

You look up and blink twice. Doesn’t really understand with the sudden question. “What do you mean? Do I look like I’m sick?” You cup your left cheek with free hand with confuse look.

Joongki let out soft chortle and put his drink down. He shakes his head. “Is there is anything wrong with you? You look pretty distracted from the minute we sit down together which is two hours ago till now. Do you want to share anything with me?”

Letting out rather awkward laughs, you wave your hand quickly trying to cover yourself up. “Eyy..What are you talking about? I’m giving my full attention to you and our discussion you know.”

“Oh really? Then repeat again what I said ten minute ago.”

“ugh-“ You clear your throat and look down on your notebook which full of scribbling. “About the procedure around the event and-“

“Yeah. That is what I said around one hour ago not ten minute ago. So spill it, love.”

Dropping the black ink pen down on the table, you rub your face before take a deep breath and look up at Joongkin once again. “I feel..bad.” You said after some minute.

Joongki quirk an eyebrow. Doesn’t quite understand with what you said just now.

“I feel bad toward my boyfriend. My feeling suddenly in mess after I read about Seunghyun’s engagement news.” You feel like heavy sacks finally being lift off your chest when you confess that toward someone. After all Joongki is one of the people who know about your past with Seunghyun so you thought perhaps talking with Joongki can give you some solace even for seconds since you kind of intentionally avoiding Jaejoong’s call and text since this morning.

“Woah- don’t tell me-“

“No. I don’t! I’m sure about my feeling but I don’t know why I feel like this.” You cut off Joongki’s word before he can make his own conclusion. You look up once again only to see the latter nods his head.

“So you feel bad toward Jae because you keep remember about Seunghyun? Tell me honestly why do you keep remember about him after you read about the news and what do you feel about Seunghyun right now?”

Your gaze traveling around the café and see some The Style workers coming in and out of the café. Since its already past nine, the café isn’t as pack as peak time. “Perhaps I still mad at how our relationship ended. Sure the sole reason we both break up because we both couldn’t understand each other anymore or so I thought. And of course I don’t want to be obstacle for him to reach his dream. But who thought he keeping a behind me all this time. And I swear I don’t even have any feeling anymore toward him.”

“If..If you are given a chance to meet Seunghyun once again, what will you do?” Joongki leans comfortably on the chest of the chair, clasping his hands together whilst his gaze never left yours.

You look down. “Yeah..I wonder what I will do. Perhaps I will slap him hard once for cheating behind me. Or perhaps I want to ask him ‘what that woman has that I don’t?’ or something along the line ah I don’t really know.” You chuckled.

People have a difficult time letting go of the past because they are held back by unfinished business. I think you are the same, Jimin. In your case the angers that lingering around your heart is the thing that makes you feel mess up right now. I suggest if you meet him once again, settle it as soon as possible before it give effect on your current relationship. You know what I’m talking about right?”

Trapping your lower lips in between your teeth, you chewing on it lightly while thinking on what Joongki said. Small smile then creeping on your lips after awhile. “Thank you. I owe you one, friend.”

“Sure. Who will you turn to if not me eh?” Joongki wriggling his brows with teasing manner, feel relieve that Jimin finally smiling once again. “So shall we proceed with our little meeting mhm?”

 

 

You froze on your spot when you saw familiar figure leaning on your car at the open parking lot even his face is covered with mask. Your heart goes pitter patter as you make your way toward your car, trying to put on calm façade albeit you kinda feel bad toward him right now.

“What are you doing here? How long has you been waiting for me, Jae?”

“Well the weather is nice today so I’m thinking why don’t we take a walk? Give me the key.” Jaejoong stretch his hand out, signaling you to put the car key on his palm.

You put the key on his palm and get into the passenger seat after he open the door for you. “Where are we going?”

“How about a park? Since its spring right now- and its been awhile since I got to spend quality time with you.” He calmly spoke while driving away, heading toward his choice of destination.

Automatically you burst out in laughter. Its rare to see Jaejoong this calm after he can’t reach you literally all day long. There must be something that he thinking about right now.

“Why are you laughing?” Jaejoong stealing a glance on you for second before giving his attention to the road back.

“You are mad right? Because you can’t reach me all day.”

“You are right. I’m partially mad and relieve. Relieve because you are okay and mad because you make me worry.”

“I’m sorry. I was busy with my work and some meeting.” You throw your gaze out, doesn’t want him to catch any glint of lies in your eyes.

Jaejoong let out silent sighs. He pretty sure that something bothering you right now. Its just he doesn’t know what is it that bothers you and certainly he doesn’t want to force you to spill things out. “Its okay. Then you have to make it up to me.”

You quickly snap your head toward Jaejoong’s direction once again. “What is in your mind now?”

He let out soft chortle and shrugs his shoulder nonchalantly. “You will see..”

Ah! I’m screwed. You mentally scream.