A Meeting of Souls

A Legend before Time

*Yunho P.O.V*

"When can I meet him?" I asked the man in front of me. Hoping for an answer I would like.

"He has a speech and a performance today in the orientation, will you be attending?" When I nodded he continued, " Then I will arrange it to where you are his mentor, hopefully some things play out well, he is highly sought out by more than a few people."

I growled under my breath, of course he would be. My love is perfect, who could not be taken in by his charms. I haven't even met him in this life, and he already has me wrapped around his lovely fingers.

The principal looked to me, "Are you ready to go to the gymnasium?" 

I nodded, tucking the folder underneath my arm. We walked past the hordes of students and to the pleasantly cool gym. The bleachers were packed full of students, all of who were buzzing with excitement. No one could seem to calm themselves down, but who could blame them? Here they sat at arguably the most prestigious school in the country, about to be introduced to the staff and older students, and hopefully, they were about to begin their new lives as high school students looking firmly to their future, but all I was looking for was the perfect face in the photo tucked under my arm.

I unconsciously followed the principal up to the stage, he made his way to the rest of the staff as I walked to the seats set aside for the student council. My best friends were seated in their respective seats. Max Changmin and Park Yoochun, respectively vice president and secretary, greeted me with smiles and nods. 

We sat around and discussed some of the more pressing council matters, while everything was being set up. The buzzing of the crowd became a distant background noise, until the strong voice of the principal played over the speakers. 

I tuned out his speech, I've heard it twice before already, it never changes, but a few words caught my attention, "Now please welcome Kim Jaejoong to the stage, he scored the highest on the entrance exam since this school's founding, and has agreed to speak before all of you today."

Applause rang out and a few more adventurous souls screamed, until he actually made his apperance on the stage, then everyone fell silent. 

His black hair was tousled slightly, as if the gentlest breeze brushed by him, his clothes were a black button up with red stripes on the cuffs and on the left side of the chest, a red and white striped belt that nestled snug on his slim hips, and black jeans that looked like he was poured into them. On his feet were a pair of all white converse. He looked extremely hot, but at the same time gave off an aura of cuteness and regality, like he should, and only Diana could.

He bowed to the staff and us then to the audience, before he made his way to the podium to speak.

"My fellow freshman," His voice was smooth as silk and airy as an angel," School isn't all about studying and making the best grades, it is a way for us to figure our personalities out. We all had dreams when we were small children that we would grow up to be astronauts, doctors, lawyers, actors, idols, and CEOs, but as we grew older most of us decided that the job we wanted as children wasn't right for us. So we begin to look for something that fits us as individuals, this is what I believe high school is for, to prepare us for what lies ahead. However, it will only prepare us as much as we allow it to. So open up your minds and don't give up on it, we all have our own ways of doing things and seeing things, but we are working together for a common goal, for the future of this country, and for the future of this world."

He bowed and walked to the principal, everyone was deafened by the sudden cheers, and the student council and faculty were speechless. We had never heard somebody completely simplify high school into a few short sentences before, nor had we heard quite the reaction he had gotten ever before.

The principal walked back to the podium to continue talking, but Jaejoong made his way over to us.

"Excuse me who is Jung Yunho-shi?" He asked in his beautiful voice, eyes searching but landing on me.

I smiled, "That would be me and you are Kim Jaejoong correct?"

He nodded and held out his hand, "A pleasure to meet you."

I gingerly took his smaller hand into mine and felt the pleasurable sparks that told me this was my Diana, her reincarnate, my soul mate, "And I to you."